Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

first period with stabbing pain?

I had a natural mc in feb. Bleeding stopped from that nearly 5 weeks ago. I was anxious about my next period that finally started yesterday. Today I suddening had excutiating pain. Sitting change my pad was like I was going to tear open down there. My office said to take motrin and see what happens. I can't sit or walk with out pain. Couldn't drive home from work. Expected a bad period but this is scary. Anyone else have terrible first period?

Re: first period with stabbing pain?

• After a pregnancy (even if it ended in a loss) how you experience a period can be completely different than pre-pregnancy. I've had periods where it felt like I had been punched in the crotch and it was really painful no matter what I did. Apparently that's a normal symptom that I had just never experienced until a year or two ago.

Try an ice pack to the crotch and see if it helps, besides Aleve the ice pack was the only thing that helped any for me (assuming it's the same thing).
    Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.
  • Yikes! How scary! (((Hugs)))

Hope it passes soon... I wish I had better advice.

PG#1 - 3rd cycle BFP. Team Green. HELLP syndrome @ 34 weeks.
    Later diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, possible link to HELLP.

PG#2 M/C 3/14 - Surprise BFP 2/13. Beta's doubled every 52 hours from 3w5d-5w5d
    Viable pregnancy scan at 5w5d; 2nd u/s showed 2 days of growth in 7 but a HB of 120
    3rd u/s on 3/10/14 had no HB and baby had only grown 7 days over 14
    D&C 3/17/14 - complications - DX Retroflexed uterus, multiple tears to cervix

All Welcome

Chart

• Loading the player...
  • ASRDHASRDH member
    I ended up in the hospital. Found that I hadn't miscarried. My hcg numbers were up and they found it was an eptopic pregnant. I had internal bleeding, emergency surgery and lost my tube.
  • Oh my god, how scary! I'm so so sorry. How are you doing now?
    Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.
  • ASRDHASRDH member
    I'm uncomfortable from the swelling and all the gas they pumped in me. Trying learn how to move without using my stomach muscles. It sounds odd but before and since surgery I couldn't sense when I needed to urinate til I had terrible pain and pressure. Now we are getting up every hour to go just so I don't get that pain. I'm sure as the swelling decreases that will get better.
    As far as emotionally, I thought this was passed. It had been 6 weeks. Now I know its gone and my tube. Any future pregnancy is considered high risk until they are certain its settled safelybin my uterus. The swelling is up into my ribs from the gas and internal bleeding so crying or deep breath or sigh is painful. I will have to wait to grieve whatever there is BC I am not physically capable now.
  • That sounds miserable. I'm so sorry. I really hope being so uncomfortable doesn't last too long.
  • ASRDHASRDH member
    Thank you for your kind words and support.
  • Oh my, sweet dear! I'm sorry you went through this and so glad that you were wise to get into the ER when you did.

Gentle (((hugs))) to you.

Ask for a small, firm pillow or for an extra towel and pillowcase. You can make your own of sorts. Using the pillow to put pressure on your uterine area can help when you need to move, sneeze, cry or laugh. It's also handy on the way home... I haven't been through what you have, but in my related experience, the drive home was a killer. Definitely make sure you are current on pain meds for the drive.

That gassy feeling is the most uncomfortable, weird feeling.

Getting up moving helps as well as time. That symptom improved about 24-36 hours after the procedure that gave it to me for me. Hope it goes quickly so you can be in more physical comfort.

PG#1 - 3rd cycle BFP. Team Green. HELLP syndrome @ 34 weeks.
    Later diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, possible link to HELLP.

PG#2 M/C 3/14 - Surprise BFP 2/13. Beta's doubled every 52 hours from 3w5d-5w5d
    Viable pregnancy scan at 5w5d; 2nd u/s showed 2 days of growth in 7 but a HB of 120
    3rd u/s on 3/10/14 had no HB and baby had only grown 7 days over 14
    D&C 3/17/14 - complications - DX Retroflexed uterus, multiple tears to cervix

All Welcome

Chart

• T&P to you for a speedy recovery. I'm so sorry you are going through this.

This is a good reminder to everyone if you are having severe abdominal pain that won't let up and is getting worse--call a doctor or go to a hospital.
    BFP #1: It's a GIRL! DD born October, 2012
    BFP #2: m/c at 7w, February, 2014
    BFP #3: It's a BOY! Please be our rainbow! Due February, 2015

*everyone always welcome*
    image    image   image
  • I am so sorry to hear this has happened to you!!  I truly hope that you are feeling better.  ::Big HUGS::
    Married my best friend 7/2/11 - Furbaby born 7/9/11 and brought into our home 9/1/11

BFP#1:   2/2/13 ~ exact m/c date unknown but around 3/20 at 10 weeks ~ diagnosed with PMP ~ D&C on 4/5 ~ TTA for at least 1 year due to PMP ~ cleared to TTC 1/14

BFP#2:   2/7/14 ~ m/c 2/20/14 ~ possibly due to chemical pregnancy ~ TG no D&C is needed 

Surprise BFP#3:  4/4/14 ~ super duper extra happy (and nervous) about this one - EDD 12/9/14!!!

John Joseph was born on 12/12/14 at 7 lbs. 11 oz.  He is the most beautiful rainbow baby we could have wished for!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"