Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Confused

Sorry if tmi, I was about 7 weeks along and around 5 weeks I ha some really light spotting that only lasted half a day.. It went away. Then at about 7 weeks I had spotting again which I thought was from me being to active because it would go away very time I relaxed. Well this last Friday I started going away( it was always a very light orange color) I was thinking it would go away. Woke up Saturday morning to very light cramps not in pain at all but was bleeding pretty heavy.. Within the hour I went to the bathroom and passed what I believe was the sack. My question is; Is it normal not to have pain while miscarrying? I keep seeing everyone talk about how they couldn't walk just crunched over in a ball.. Dr said to wait two weeks and take another test to make sure.

Re: Confused

• Options
    I'm not sure because I had a d&c, but you really need to see a doctor. I have no idea what your doctor is thinking with that advice!

"Love is what makes pain bearable." - I love you my Angels. 
    **All After a Loss Welcome**
    BFP #1: 6/25/09 EDD 2/13/10 @ 6 weeks- Saw HB @ 9 weeks - DS born 2/11/10 (39w5d)
    BFP #2: 2/20/13 EDD 11/4/13 - Saw HB 3/19/13 (7w2d) - MMC discovered 4/13/13 (10w5d) - Est. loss @ 9w3d - D&C 4/14/13
    BFP #3: 12/19/13 (4 w1d) EDD 8/27/14 - 1/1/14 discovered it was ectopic/ tube had burst/ had surgery to remove tube (@ 6 weeks)
    BFP #4: 9/10/14 (3w6d) EDD 5/21/15 - natural MC 9/23/14 @ 5w5d
    BFP #5: 11/23/14 (3w3d) EDD 8/4/15 - Please be our Rainbow!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    She wants me to take another test in two weeks and give a call back with the results.. I'm not bleeding heavily just normal period like.. Never had bad cramps. Passed what looked like tissue.. Is that not normal for them to say?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    **ticker warning**

I believe the norm is for your doctor to want to examine you and do an ultrasound.

Typically they want to make sure if you are miscarrying you pass everything.
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers        Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Oct Angel*BFP 1/25/14 * EDD 10/6/14 * US#1 2/26/14 *US#2 3/3/14 no heartbeat*d&c 3/12/14*

BFP 1/17/15 * EDD 9/30/15

• Options
    I think it is different for each woman on the amount if pain and bleeding and also depends on how far along the baby actually grew. As long as you are not having a very scary amount of bleeding then waiting the few weeks will probably be okay. But if you start bleeding a lot or suddenly have pain don't hesitate to go to the ER or call your doctor.
    -Megan

Started dating Hubby May 17 2005. Married since Aug 20 2011 
    Me:30   Hubby:31
    TTC since May 2012 
    HSG Dec 2012 Fill no spill on left side, right side normal (most physically painful experience of my life..)
    Metformin Started May 2013
    PG#1: BFP 10-21-13. EDD 6-17-14 mmc 12-9-13 m/c occurred with cytotec on 12-11-13 
    PG#2: BFP 07-25-14.  EDD 4-5-15   *Hoping this is my rainbow*
    Diagnosed with PCOS, Hypothyroid,IBD/UC, (UC in remission as of July 2014)
    *I will always love you Fetey the first.* 

ALL WELCOME!

• Options
    As far as the pain, it is different for everyone and different depending upon how far along you are. I had 1 physically painless miscarriage and 1 that was excruciatingly painful, as painful as childbirth (I have a son). So I am 1 person and have had 2 totally different experiences.

I will say, though, you need to see a doctor. There is no way for your doctor to know what is going on with you over the phone. Just because you passed 'something' doesn't mean it was the baby and you could still be pregnant and maybe something is wrong and preventable.

I would also consider switching OBs. Typically if you are pregnant and bleeding they will see you and take blood or ultrasounds.
  • Options
    Hmm now I feel like I want to get mY blood drawn or something..
  • Options
    I would think they would have at least requested blood work. They really won't know if you are MC with out blood work to compare your beta hcg levels.
    Pregnancy #1 DD 08.30.2007
    Pregnancy #2 Natural Miscarriage at 6 weeks 03/2014 Due date 11/9/2014
    Pregnancy #3 DS 02.23.2015
    Pregnancy #4 Missed Miscarriage at 11 weeks 11/2018 Due date 5/22/2019
    Pregnancy #5 Positive test 12/11/2019 Due Date 8/17/2020

• Options
    Im just going to go with what my dr reseated.. Take a test in a week and call then with the results and if it comes back positive I will go in that day..she did a great job with me when I had my son( I ended up with preeclampsia) and she was intop of my health so I trust her judgement and choices.. Thanks for your input I'll let you know how it turns out:)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"