Secondary IF

Side-eye Saturday!

I remembered to do it early this week!

Go!

Re: Side-eye Saturday!

• DHs university just implemented a policy that if summer classes aren't filled to capacity, they are going to pro-rate the pay to the professors teaching the half-full courses. Ok, fine, but here's my side-eye- every year, they ask DH to add a couple of spots to his full classes, but don't pay him more for teaching over capacity. Jerks. We're trying to pay down school loans!
  • CeCe8579CeCe8579 member
    edited March 2014
    I'm side eying people who are all don't loose hope when they have no clue what we've been through.

I am majorly side eying a girl I know that has faked her pregnancy.

GTFO!

Oh and happy Saturday!
    Carly
    (Former UN: iloveshanej)

Birdie born 05/01/2007
    Rainbow Surprise Baby due 05/26/2017                                          

Potato Launcher

• Loading the player...
  • I'm side eying people who are all don't loose hope when they have no clue what we've been through.

I am majorly side eying a girl I know that has faked her pregnancy.

GTFO!

Oh and happy Saturday!

Omg. Super side eye to both of those things.
  • Another one. I'm getting crampy today. Super early, like last month. I side eye my body. Also, I want to side eye DH, but he doesn't know any better. He said, "Well at least that's good because shorter cycles means more chances to try, right?" That depends on why they're shorter. Am I pumping out immature/crappy eggs? Because yes that's more chances to try but also means it might not just be MFI anymore. I'm only 30! No fair! Side eye side eye side eye.
  • I'm side eying traffic right now, ten mile back up. Ugh.
    January 2007- Stop BCP! Let's DO this!
    June 2010- MFI. BS. IVF! Ectopic. BS. image

November 2010- FAILED FET! BS!
    January 2011- BFP FET! TWINS!
    February 2011- lost twin. BS. image

SEPTEMBER 2011- DD Born! Most awesome girl in the world!

November 2013- FAILED FET! BS! (screw you November FETs)
    April Fresh Cycle, FAILED. Frozen embryos frozen for future FETs.
    FROZEN CYCLE JUNE! BFP
    BABY BOY VINCENT!

We can't wait to meet you!
    Conception:image
    imageimage Potato Love!

BabyFruit Ticker

• annibesannibes member
    edited March 2014
    KC1212 said:

I'm side-eyeing anyone who comes into an IF board and spouts off cliche mumbo jumbo of "it just takes one".

Um - no it doesn't.

Sometimes it take 4 years.

Sometimes it takes 2 eggs.

Sometimes it takes 3 embies.

So - no- it doesn't just take "one".

YES. I like to tell myself that sometimes because it's a great naive mantra to keep me from completely losing hope. But IF boards are the absolute worst place to say that. It's almost like telling people to "just relax."
  • I also side eye (but would rather punch in the throat) my SIL when she says "if my (7 month old) baby cries and won't stop we just put her in her room and shut the door until she stops!! I was like WHAT??!!!!

TTC for 1.5 years with a crappy RE. 12 cycles with clomid (11 too many)
    New RE, 3 failed IUI's moving to IVF with ICSI
    IVF#1 BFP EDD 1/10/13
    Beta#1 51  Beta #2 148
    A/S 8/20/13 Team Pink
    Induced week 39 due to severe GD
    Baby girl born 1/4/13

TTC #2 2 failed IUI's moving on to FET 3/2014
    ET 3/25 
    Beta #1 127
    Beta #2 845
    U/s 4/22 It's TWINS!!
    Team Purple!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker          

• I am side eying everything right now at 3 am..... Ugggghhh!
    Carly
    (Former UN: iloveshanej)

Birdie born 05/01/2007
    Rainbow Surprise Baby due 05/26/2017                                          

Potato Launcher

• Side eyeing my freinds' terrible sister, who uses pregnancy as a weapon, and just had her 3rd beautiful baby taken out of her custody by the state. Perhaps if I were a raging, bed hopping, drug addict I'd have three beautiful kids too. Some people just don't deserve children.

TTC #2 since 1/1/13

image    imageimage
  • I'm side eying my friend (who admittedly doesn't know about my "issues") that sent me this text at 8:31 Saturday morning...

• SES (Sunday edition) 

I am side eyeing anyone that has more than one baby shower. If you want to throw a celebration party for all 6 of your kids, that's wonderful, but if you expect everyone to show up with piles of gifts for every single one of your 6 kids, you are fucking nuts. 

STOP BREEDING if you can't come up with funds to get your new child the shit they need. 

/:)

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am side eyeing "that" girl who has no kids of her own who tells you "don't worry, you have a perfect baby already, that means your body CAN have another one."

um. no. that doesn't mean shit. stfu
    Me: 36, DH: 36
    DH's SA = normal
    1 tube only wonder
    AFC 3-5, AMH 0.30

BFP #1 3/29/11.  EDD 12/4/11... Missed m/c 5/9/11. Cytotec fail. D&C 5/17/11.
    BFP #2   7/5/11.  EDD 3/14/12... Our rainbow Kellen born 3/14/12 via c/s.
    BFP #3 5/30/13.  EDD 2/8/14...  6wk u/s HB 126. 8wk u/s lost HB. D&C 7/12/13.
    BFP #4 2/18/14.  EDD 10/30/14... Ruptured ectopic with L tube removed & D&C 3/7/14.
    BFP #5 7/27/14.  EDD 4/9/15...  m/c @ 5w4d.

IVF #1    Oct 2014 - antagonist protocol: 9R, 7M, 5F. 3dt of 3 Grade 2 embies. BFN. 
    IVF #2    Jan 2015 cancelled due to dominant follicle.  Converted to IUI #1. BFFN
    IVF #2.1 March 2015 cancelled due to dominant follicle.

BFP #6  (SUPRISE!) 3/19/15.  EDD 11/30/15...  CP at 4w2d.
    IUI #2:    Clomid + Follistim = 3 follies. BFN.
    IVF #2.2 May 2015 - horrible response to micro lupron flare protocol: 3R, 3M, 3F. 3dt of 2 Grade 3 embies. BFFN. 

BFP #7 (beyond surprised again!) 4/26/16. EDD 1/5/17. beautiful betas!!!! and then near-fatal hemorrhagic corpus luteum. turns out baby was ectopic after all; another lap 5/6 (@24dpo).

the universe can fuck off.

"You are overly paranoid and delusional that every one is out to get you." -lastsliverofhope

all AL welcome. TTC #2 for 43 44 months.
    follow my infertility journey here at timestandsstillblog.com

• @bcw2009‌ slap her.
    @KC1212 agree, and I'm full on attachment parenting... So yeah that CIO stuff really kills me
    @Jodee37‌ I just want to give you an amen!!!

FROZEN CYCLE JUNE! BFP
    BABY BOY VINCENT!

imageimage Potato Love!

BabyFruit Ticker

• @Momarazzi007‌ H doesn't let our son sleep in our bed. But I let him when my H is out of town ;) but our son roomed with us in his co-sleeper for the first 5 months or so after his birth.

I also did babywearing in the beginning and lots of skin to skin (but he was preemie).

Me: 27 DH: 33
    Married 6 years
    Conceived DS after 4 years of MFI

TTC # 2 (not trying,not preventing ever)
    May 2013 - August 2013 Timed Intercourse = BFN
    September 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs=BFN
    October 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs, and "warming foods" = BFP
    Beta #1 19, Beta #2 18 Progesterone 4.6 Miscarried 11/9/13
    November 2013 - Benched, waiting for first post-loss AF.
    No longer benched per New RE/OB!
    Jan. 15 2014 - BFP. HCG 3900 - Ectopic :( 
    Jan. 16 2014 Left tube removed and D&C
    March 2, 2014 First AF

• Hugs to all you dealing with stupid and not nice people out there.

I had to side eye the mom that we saw at the park yesterday who accidentally got pregnant again and is telling everyone at 7 weeks along and apparently has no idea that bad things ever happen and then makes this comment: wow I just realized that Ds and the new baby will be a whole 2.5 years apart - that's a big gap...

TTC#1 May 2009- July 2010 on our own with no luck

Started with RE in August 2010, dx with unexplained IF and then finally our 3rd IUI cycle using Follistim and Trigger resulted in our wonderful little man.  Born 12/2/11

TTC#2 Never really prevented, but were careful early on as Dr. reccomended

Surprise BFP 12/16/13, started progesterone immediately as first numbers came back low, but betas were good.  Progesterone wasnt enough. Natural MC 12/24/13.

Back with RE as of January 2014...

5/27/14- Chemical Pregnancy :(

April 2015 IVF#1

5/13/15- BFP, please stick LO!

Oh and I'm a major Harry Potter Nerd :)

Silly mugglesimage

• KC1212 said:

@Momarazzi007‌ H doesn't let our son sleep in our bed. But I let him when my H is out of town ;) but our son roomed with us in his co-sleeper for the first 5 months or so after his birth.

I also did babywearing in the beginning and lots of skin to skin (but he was preemie).

We bed-shared which I know was a major no-no but I breastfed and I was amazed at how DS could perfectly position himself to be right up against me but with a perfect pocket of room for his head to feed and breathe. I also figured out that if I was sleeping deeply, I did not move, not an inch. I would wake up in the exact same position I fell asleep in, from head to toe. The body is so amazing (when it works, haha).

And I'm so with you in the cry it out. It was especially bad in our case because DS couldn't regulate himself because of sensory issues. I cringe whenever people post about it on Facebook because I so want to say something but I know it's not my place. When people ask, I always explain the importance of being able to distinguish between behavior and an actual need for help and how hard it is to tell so early.
  • And by "bad in our case," I mean "it was an especially bad idea in our case." We tried once at about 18 months and decided never to do that again.
  • I think every family is different! Bc every kid is different. I really cringe at CIO- the vegan I ranted about on the other board did CIO and her kids are sooo clingy, and she proudly tells me that each get 20 minutes one on one time each day with her and that is it. That just doesn't compute to me. But she says my dd will never be independent... But now hers is just 4 months older but is clingy and scared of strangers and my dd is independent and out going. I just think the whole CIO is better for the parents to get their time, but in long run stresses the children out too much. Again, my opinion and might get hell for it, but why have kids if you are only going to give them a few minutes of your time a day? And bed sharing isn't for everyone and don't reccomend it for everyone, it just doesn't compute to me CIO to make them sleep through night so early in some cases when they need to eat and get changed every few hours? I don't know, sometimes I think I'm more crazy about it than I should be a dam glad I get to ap w dd, glad it works for us, but wouldn't push it on anyone- maybe wish it bc it has been a good experience for us. Also, I think bed sharing while bfing is best possible scenario, that perfect pocket is exactly how momma and baby are me at to sleep together!!! Yeah it gets hard to transition them bc they have slept with you, but IMO the early experiences are better for them than the transition will ever scar them. We haven't transitioned dd to her room yet... But like KC's son, she will probably come in when EH is on travel or whatever. I'm rambling now. Bottom line, some families it works great in, I just don't get the western mindset of parental time is more important than children- why bother having them?

FROZEN CYCLE JUNE! BFP
    BABY BOY VINCENT!

imageimage Potato Love!

BabyFruit Ticker

• I hope that all made sense, I got Lupron headache and sinuses working toward clarity ( or lack there of) definitely not trying to start stuff or piss anyone off.

FROZEN CYCLE JUNE! BFP
    BABY BOY VINCENT!

imageimage Potato Love!

BabyFruit Ticker

• I co-slept while DD was bfing, especially since she was eating every 2 hours. When she started sleeping longer and only nursing once in the night we moved her to her own bed. Partly because it made ttc easier and partly because DH wasn't sleeping well with her in the bed. I will probably do it again anyway.

That being said when we did transition her I did a modified CIO. I would lay her down, give her 15 minutes to calm herself, then if she was still crying I would go in to sooth her (without picking her up), then repeat. I only ever had to go back in 1 time. This worked for me...it helped her learn to self-sooth and also reinforced that I was still there if she needed me. Not saying what I did was better just sharing a different approach.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

DD conceived after 3 years of ttc.
    MFI - DH had varicocele repair and took Clomid to get DD b. 02/2010

TTC #2 since 6/2010
    10/2012 DH diagnosed with Epilepsy
    A few failed IUIs summer 2012 and 2013. 
    DH taking clomid and waiting to see if he needs another vericocele repair. 
    Hoping for a 2015 baby or babies. 
    Wishing, hoping, waiting.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We've been fortunate in the sleep department. DS almost willingly goes to bed.

Married 6 years

October 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs, and "warming foods" = BFP
    March 2, 2014 First AF

• I couldn't co sleep or bed share. I got zero sleep. I was afraid she was too cold or too hot, or if course not breathing. She slept in her big girl bed at 2 weeks and we both slept better.

We still rock her every night for bed, and every nap. She doesn't need it so much for bed. If she doesn't settle down within the first 5 minutes of rocking I kiss her goodnight and put her in bed. She will "sing" herself to sleep within 20-30 minutes. She does not cry.

When she wakes MOTN I will not let her get worked up. One of us is up within the first few minutes. 90% of the time she STTN so I know if she wakes up she needs us for something.

IVF#1 BFP EDD 1/10/13
    Beta#1 51  Beta #2 148
    A/S 8/20/13 Team Pink
    Baby girl born 1/4/13

ET 3/25 
    Beta #1 127
    Beta #2 845
    U/s 4/22 It's TWINS!!
    Team Purple!!

• DS has glow in the dark stars all over his ceiling :) and he also has a "puppy" that shines a light scheme on his ceiling. And we still turn on his "sheep" that makes ocean sounds. And he usually plays his glow worm until he falls asleep.

Married 6 years

March 2, 2014 First AF

• DD still has her mobile up, so sometimes she will stand up and turn that on if she can't fall right to sleep. She sleeps with a fan on high at night, and has glow in the dark butterflies on the ceiling (although it seems they don't glow for long).

IVF#1 BFP EDD 1/10/13
    Beta#1 51  Beta #2 148
    A/S 8/20/13 Team Pink
    Baby girl born 1/4/13

ET 3/25 
    Beta #1 127
    Beta #2 845
    U/s 4/22 It's TWINS!!
    Team Purple!!

• I am side-eyeing my dollar store for not having any pregnancy tests. 
    :-L  :-q

• I am side-eyeing my dollar store for not having any pregnancy tests. 
    :-L  :-q
    That's not cool, dollar store.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"