August 2013 Moms

Question for baby wearing moms

I use my k'tan a ton with LO but I am looking into getting a wrap so I can wear him on my back. 2 questions for you experts:
-what size/length do I need? I am an XL in shirts. Or how should I measure?
-what are your favorite wraps?
TIA

Re: Question for baby wearing moms

• LBibLBib member
    I'm not a wrap expert but the mums on Thebabywearer forums are. I've generally seen most experienced wearers recommend size 4 or 5 for novices https://www.thebabywearer.com/forum/index.php?s=1465395d968f5c91c0a9260cf511af2f
    image AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I'm no help, but @RoosterMemphis‌ may be :)
  • Loading the player...
  • I love my girasol wrap.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

<3 Mama to 2 girls - H&I <3
  • Thanks @LokiLahve‌ I was going to tag @RoosterMemphis‌ when I typed it and then forgot.
  • @lindsey61811‌ thanks! And what length do you use?
  • I'm fairly new to babywearing as started with LO. A size 6 or 7 would probably be best for a starter size. Both hubby and I can use size 6 and it's good for the starter back and front carries. I'm rather petite at 5 feet and wear a size large (slowly moving back towards medium). Hubby is 6 feet and wears a size large in mens. I find the 6 a bit long sometimes but it was great to learn on. I think a size 4 or 5 would be really short and hard to learn on. You wouldn't have as many choices for carries and the comfier ones need the length. Here's pictures of both hubby and I wearing a 6.

There's quite a few baby wearing groups on Facebook that can help too. Babywearing on a Budget is great place to look for a first wrap that's not too expensive. The Babywearing Swap is a big one too. And there is a new group called Everyday Babywearing for chat and questions about baby wearing :)

Hope that helps!
    **July Siggy Challenge**
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• kkay1982 said:

@lindsey61811‌ thanks! And what length do you use?

Lilypie Maternity tickers

<3 Mama to 2 girls - H&I <3
  • I love my Kokadi elefanten wrap!! It's a size 6 and plenty long for all sorts of different carries.
    photo crunchy_zps41233998.gifimagephoto crunchy_zps41233998.gif
    My baby is ONE!!

• I have a size 6 girasol romantique. Love it!!

• I have a Neobulle, which is a woven so it's a heavier weight, and a Wrapsody, which is gauzy, so it's lighter weight. 

A 4.6 meter is a good starter size for an average sized person. 

You can do back carries in most SSC, too, like the Ergo that was just posted on sale. 
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thanks ladies!
  • I don't like wraps. I use my Lilliebaby and a ring sling
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • I love my ring sling. It's great for running errands because it's fast and easy. If I'm going out for longer periods (such as walks) I use a wrap I made myself (6yd) out of osnaberg fabric.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• edited April 2014
    i havent been on here in a while, i am just seeing this now!!  soooooooooo late to the party, but i have a few girasols, a didymos, a natibaby, and a couple DIY wraps.  honestly, i use my shorty wraps (size2) the most because i only do back carries at this point.  if you want a size that is the most convenient and can get the most carries out of, a size 4-5 is best.  edit to add- i love my size 7 wraps, too.  i like having longer tails at times.  it all depends on the person.  tonya tougas on Youtube has a great channel for shorty carries and i love wrap your baby

photo crunchy_zps41233998.gif
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"