Late Term and Child Loss
Options

Letting GO

***Ticker***

For all moms who have lost babies, it is important for us to learn to let go. No, not the memory or love of our babies. But letting go of the things in life that drag us down. https://stillstandingmag.com/2014/03/letting-go-2/ Still Standing Magazine is a wonderful resource, and I encourage new moms to the board to check it out. Love to each of you. 

Lilypie - (qptF)

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
"Elsie Irene was born sleeping at 35w 6d on December 8, 2012. Mommy and Daddy miss you sweet girl."

Re: Letting GO

• Options
    I saw this article yesterday, and I have to say, it was hard for me to relate to. I guess I'm just not there yet. Like she says at the end of the article, early on in her grief she wasn't ready to let go, but now that some time has passed, it was a healthy step in her healing. Some day, hopefully, I will be there as well. Thanks for sharing.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Me: 32 DH: 33  High School Sweethearts  Married 5/28/2005
    DS1 born 6/5/10 at 40 weeks via emergency c-section due to fetal distress and IUGR caused by placental insufficiency
    DS2 born still 8/28/13 at 32 weeks via emergency c-section due to a complete placental abruption - cause unknown
    Baby #3 on the way, EDD 2/29/16.  Originally twins, but we said goodbye to Baby B at 8 weeks.
  • Options
    @stefuge I definitely agree that these are places that you get to, they don't come automatically or qickly. Its another step in this journey of grief. Learning how to live your life to the fullest, and cutting things out if you need to in order to survive. Hugs Stef!
    Lilypie - (qptF)

"Elsie Irene was born sleeping at 35w 6d on December 8, 2012. Mommy and Daddy miss you sweet girl."

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I did enjoy reading this article and I can only hope that day that I can let it go comes my way. Today marks 3 months....ugh, 3 months already. I wanted time to stop and didn't / still don't want people to go on with their lives when my baby wasn't able to. I'm still very mad and hurt by other people's good fortune, matter of fact a good friend had twins on Friday and I'm not even sure if/when I can meet them. Last friend that had a baby it took me 4 months to see her and I was only dealing with infertility , this is far worse.
    Me: 33, Endocrine issues & FVL       DH: 32, Nothing 
    NTNP 2009-2012         TTC since 2012:
    • Clomid, 2 IUI cycles, and 5 IVF cycles = BFN
    • FET #1   August 2013 = BFP!     EDD 5/11/14
    • Jack dx at 19w1d with Dandy Walker on 12/16/13
    • Severe Pre-e /HELLP set in Jack born sleeping at 20w1d on 12/23/13
    • FET #2 --July 2014  BFP!  ---  EDD  4/5/15

Jack has handpicked his sibling up there :)

My blog about IF and loss ... Kate's IF Blog

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Anniversary

• Options
    I seriously just want to copy and paste everyone has just said.  What a romantic notion to let go of the things that drag us down... maybe someday, but that day is not today (or tomorrow. Or the day after. You get the idea.)  I get lectures about how my babies wouldnt want me to mourn or feel guilty for having fun.  But the truth is, mourning and feeling guilty when I do go out is my way of remembering what has happened and to stay grounded.  I hope we can all move forward, but never forget.  I don't even like that term - "moving forward."  It makes us sound like we are leaving our babies behind.  What is the right term?  I hope we can... find happiness?  Good grief, I don't even know. 
  • Options
    I'm glad I saw this article today even though I'm nowhere near there yet. Yesterday, was one month since my daughter got her wings after fighting all 11 hours of her life. I expected yesterday to be hard and mentally prepared myself. However, yesterday was almost normal. I ate better than I have in months, was enjoying march madness, etc. Then, I couldn't sleep last night, and church today was awful. Everywhere I looked there was either a baby or pregnant woman (one of which is due 2 weeks before I was). My husband took me out to lunch, hoping it would cheer me up, but again we were surrounded by babies. This article helps remind me that I'm not alone, and it will get better.
  • Options
    ***SIGGY***

I hadn't seen this yet, and I'm so glad I stopped to read. It took a long time for me to feel like I could let go, and some days, I'm not quite sure if I've fully let go. But once I started accepting instead of fighting against, I felt like I could move forward and start to let go. Thank you SO much for sharing this. I needed this read today.

________________________________________________________________________________

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"