July 2014 Moms

Fiber One Brownies-DO NOT EAT (Loss Mentioned)

gzmijewskigzmijewski member
edited March 2014 in July 2014 Moms
Fiber One Brownies taste great and are a God send for preggo mommies who need that extra boost of fiber, BUT...the main ingredient is Chicory Root.  An herb that we should avoid during pregnancy.  Last summer I was eating one daily and after two trips to the bathroom I was bleeding and ultimately miscarried.  Now I can't say for certain this is what caused it but after doing some looking online and other message boards, I am not the only one who thinks they may have found the reason for a miscarriage. There are no warnings on the label, just listing the ingredient.  Please be aware and do not eat this product.

Re: Fiber One Brownies-DO NOT EAT (Loss Mentioned)

• Loading the player...
  • kmawbkmawb member

From all the information I can find it is unproven of Chicory Root is dangerous during pregnancy. 

The main benefit of Chicory root is as a digestive aid. Because Chicory contains inulin (it makes you pee) in some cases it may not be a good idea to take during pregnancy because of dehydration, dehydration can lead to contractions.

AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • jensaviccijensavicci member
    edited March 2014
    1. There is nothing in your post talking about what your OB had to say about the miscarriage and fiberONE. So, I have a hard time believing this to be true.

2. Who are you?
  • Wow!  I was so not expecting people to be so mean.  AKA:  Skeemer.  I wanted to warn others. To act as if I have no right to voice my thoughts because I am new to this group is awful. It comes from a place of concern.  No I am not looking for a reason for my loss.  I ran across a lot of message boards that women were concerned about the chicory root ingredient and I thought I would share it.  That is all.  Needless to say...this is my first and last post on this board.  Best of luck to all of you.  
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Not to mention that those of us that are generally level headed but during pregnancy are not and have also had THE BAD Experience(s). It brings on anxiety faster then a fly on shit. I thought it was something good not something that my hubby would have to talk me back down with. Sorry for your loss but get some help!
  •  I just bought a big box of these at SAMS.

hi

• TRS48TRS48 member
    Although this post could've been a little more tactful I have also heard a lot of not-so-good things about eating Fiber One products while pregnant before. Also, I'm not sure if it's similar but I've had a few bowls of Special K cereal this pregnancy and every time I ate it I got very sick afterwards, obviously I stopped after the 3rd time when I realized it was no coincidence. Being violently ill on the toilet (sorry TMI) is not good for pregnant women so I do support the intent in this post to warn others, although again it should've been posted differently.

• Wow!  I was so not expecting people to be so mean.  AKA:  Skeemer.  I wanted to warn others. To act as if I have no right to voice my thoughts because I am new to this group is awful. It comes from a place of concern.  No I am not looking for a reason for my loss.  I ran across a lot of message boards that women were concerned about the chicory root ingredient and I thought I would share it.  That is all.  Needless to say...this is my first and last post on this board.  Best of luck to all of you.  

So I see you are concerned enough about us to take my advice & edit your post to warn others that it contains a loss mentioned. You're a real jewel.

• I ate quite a few of them when I was pregnant with DD1. Never had any negative effects. Hmm.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Photobucket
  • This post annoys me because now I'm not going to eat fiber one brownies because some random chick planted a seed in my mind that I will miscarry

I've been eating them this whole pregnancy....and little girl is bumpin' away in there. Don't know wtf this chick was thinking just showing up here and blastin' away on something that hasn't been proven. Don't let her scare you. But if you're really nervous ask your doctor their opinion. In the meantime I will keep eating my Fiber One brownies.

PSA: the cinnamon coffee cake ones are DELICIOUS!

i love fiber one brownies.. the lemon bar ones are amazing! now that i've mentally rationalized the ridiculousness of this theory.. i plan to keep eating them! i will bring it up to my doctor at our next appt.. but i dont believe i eat enough brownies for the chicory root to be an issue.. and like a PP said, unless you are scarfing down a whole shelf.. i'm sure we will alll be just fine! 

haha thanks, and yes the coffee cake ones are SO GOOD!
    [ Zoey <3 7.28.14 ]

GBCB already?

Must be a July 14 record!

@Summerlovin314‌
    I almost spit my sweet tea all over the family in from of me. I'm at Subway lmao!!

We have our "Irish Twins"

DD born 8/7/2013

DS born 7/28/14

<>

• So those of you who are eating them regularly, are they helping keep you regular? Because this lady could use some help. Might pick up a box on the way home from work.
    imageimageimage

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers">AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
    Formerly dlsexton
    BFP #1 Dec 2010 ~ Blighted Ovum Jan 2011 @ 11wks D&C Jan '11 & Mar '11
    BFP #2 July 2011 ~ Miss Amelia born 3/30/12 @ 41 weeks!
    BFP #3 July 2013 ~ M/C Aug 2013 @ 5.5 weeks
    BFP #4 Oct 2013 ~ Miss Lydia born 6/3/14 @ 36 weeks!

• Now I want brownies.  But like, real ones.
    @ashleysyn2 -- make these.. you won't regret it.
    https://allrecipes.com/recipe/best-brownies/
    *SIGGY*
    Baby G born 6/6/14, 37 weeks 1 day due to preeclampsia.  5lb12oz 19"
    #2 due Christmas 2016. 

• When people post crap like this, I think we need to focus more on the ridiculousness of it regardless, rather than whether the poster is a regular poster or not. I don't particularly care whether anyone has otherwise introduced themselves before they post for the first time, but posting something like this in the way OP did would not be acceptable even for a regular poster.  And when we focus on the fact that we don't know OP, it gives them the easy out of "wah wah you are so mean to new people!"

But in other news, I am totally going to try out fiber one bars now!  This girl could definitely use some help in the regularity department!

• I've had at least one Fiber One product almost every day of my pregnancy. I'm not sure where you drew this conclusion. 
  • jensaviccijensavicci member
    edited March 2014
    Mease8 said:

Milky way cheesecake brownies

Just because......

Um, excuse me @jensavicci you can't just post a pic of those and not a recipe...pretty please?!
    ------------------------------

https://domesticsuperhero.com/2014/03/10/milky-way-caramel-cheesecake-brownies/

Here ya go! ;)
  • Chicory root is not on my list of no-nos from my doctor. I think it's in enough other products, that if it really were harmful to pregnancy in the quantities per serving of fiber bar...that doctors would be on it.
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 11/18/13. EDD 7/25/14. It's a BOY! 

Surprise BFP 7/30/13. EDD 4/7/14. Natural MC 8/24/13

• I have a fiber one granola bar everyday at work, they have always been my favorite type of granola bar!

And any extra fiber helps right!? I don't know if that's the main reason I'm been lucky enough to stay regular but I'm happy with what's going on!
  • I guess that I must be the rainbow person and say...wouldn't it have been better for all of us to say thank you for the warning and continue on our merry way instead of lambasting her?  A PM for the etiquette might have been a bit better?  Just saying...backing out of thread now.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"