January 2014 Moms
Options

NBR: Meal Planning Monday

Alright ladies, its been a while! What do you have planned this week? Are any new or your favorites and if so, whats the recipe??? I have: Meatball Subs Smoked sausage, mac & cheese, and a veggie Crock pot cream of mushroom and beef tips, and peas (the secret is using a can of cream of mushroom and a can of golden mushroom!) Tuna Helper and a veggie Fish tacos (tilapia cooked with taco seasonings, topped with shredded purple cabbage, sour cream, green onions, and lime juice)

Re: NBR: Meal Planning Monday

• Options
    Yum! I made meatball sub casserole last night, which will last most of the week. It's not healthy but SO good and easy. I'm also doing beef and broccoli in the crockpot one night later this week.
    Lilypie - (bDmZ)Lilypie - (SUYh)
    image imageimage

• Options
    @housewifebecomesher‌ could you share your recipe for meatball sub casserole? DS would love that!!!!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I got some great ideas from you ladies in my post last week! This week: Chicken pitas with cucumber slices for dipping in tzatziki and chicken tacos with black beans and avocado. We have a lot going on this week with family in town so we will have several meals out.

• Options
    @tiffy1693 - I've found I write my meals down on my grocery list so Ihave it when I go tot he store too. Now that I'm use to weekly meal planning, if I go to the store without a preset menu, I end up walking around and don't buy anything - whereas I used to buy EVERYTHING and waste so much food. And we dine out a LOT less than we used to now that we not only know what we are going to eat but since we also have all the ingredients for it. Seriously, best thing ever!

• Options
    edited March 2014
    Love seeing this thread for inspiration!
    Lemon pepper salmon steaks, sweet peas, frozen veggies of some sort sautéed in wok (my go-to)
    Herb crusted turkey tenderloin in crock pot, garlic Parmesan roasted broccoli (subbing nutritional yeast flakes for parm), baked sweet potatoes
    Shrimp stir fry (shrimp, broccoli, bell peppers, garlic, chicken broth, ginger, red pepper)
    Lemon herb baked chicken, quinoa, wok veggies
    Birthmom to A, 1/8- the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

A Journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. -Lao-Tzu

• Options

As soon as I can get myself fully adjusted to being back to work, I want to join this thread. :)

I commute to work so after picking up from day care, am often not home til 5-5:30. Between nursing, night time routines, I really need to have things better planned for dinners. No more "winging it!" I used to be able to come home & then think.. "hmm what should I make for dinner?" & often have to nix things from possibility because I don't have this or that in the fridge to make them. I want to get into a better groove to have some meal planning done before I go grocery shopping for the week.

For the next month or 2 I still have DH at home, but when he goes back to work, I have to get myself together to handle it all alone, plus try to dedicate some time to get some sort of regular housework done each night so it isn't tying us down all weekend.

I'm still in the overwhelmed stage... I know it will all work out, but I jsut won't feel better until we find our groove. As much as I like & want DH's help while he is out, I kinda feel I need to try & still do it all by myself.

My 2 December boys

• Options
    Tonight I'm doing roast pork loin with roasted veg (beets, parsnips and carrots)
    Tomorrow or Wednesday will be home made chicken strips with panko breading cooked in the oven, with sweet potato (mashed or oven fries, I haven't decided) and peas. We are likely going to IL's house tomorrow evening so chances are this will become Wednesday's meal.
    Thursday will be left over pork, likely served with baked beans.
    Friday we will do fish, whatever looks good (and good price) in the store that day served with coleslaw and roasted baby potatoes. 

image image

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Tonight we are having stuffed pasta shells with cottage cheese, mozza, spinach, dill & cooked in pasta sauce with baked chicken thighs & steamed asparagus
    Tommorow family supper at my grandmas
    Wednesday is Greek salad & marinated chicken breasts
    Thursday is Caesar salad, steak, sweet potato
    Weekends I don't plan too far ahead because we often get invited to either parents house
  • Options
    Tonight I'm making Parmesean Crusted Porkchops with roasted veggies!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Married: 4/2/13

DS born 12/19/13

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Tonight I am going to make turkey sausages, asparagus, and refry leftover baby potatoes.

Tomorrow, thinking bourbon chicken on white sticky rice with a veg (peas?) on the side.

Not sure about the rest of the week. Would like to make a roast in the slow cooker with carrots, potatoes, onions etc one day.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    I needed to go inexpensive and simple this week, as I'm back at work and it's the end of the month so our grocery budget is slim, hehe.

Monday: ordered pizza. Yep, did that.

Tuesday: taco salad with avocado

Wednesday: pork chops with apples and onions (I cook the apple and onion first then the meat, same skillet)

Thursday: trying some chicken recipe I saw someone post at a previous time that involved chicken thighs and Dijon mustard and maple syrup ...
  • Options
    On our meal list this week:

Chicken enchiladas
    Lasagna
    Crockpot stew
    Chicken spinach salads

There should be enough leftovers to last us through the week :) 

________________________________________________________________________________________________

sibling love  

• Options
    Seafood enchiladas (freezer meal)
    Tacos
    Leftovers
    Chil (freezer meal)
    Breakfast
    July 2015 Jan Siggy Challenge: Snow Fails/Funnies

BFP #5 11/15/14, Team Green EDD 7/22/15

BFP #4 4/30/13, baby girl born med-free Jan. 2014

BFP #3 9/24/12, Missed m/c at 9w1d (baby measured 8w5d)

BFP #2 9/23/10, healthy baby girl born med-free June 2011

BFP #1 5/21/10, Missed m/c at 10w4d (baby measured 8wks), D&C 6/29/10

"Life is like a camera, just focus on what's important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don't work out, just take another shot."

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"