Late Term and Child Loss
Options

Friends

Re: Friends

• Options
    XathXath member
    ***Ticker Warning***

I'm sorry you're going through this.

My advice to you is to stop communicating about this through text.  I understand that it's easier for you to get your thoughts out that way (I really like text too), but it is the absolute worst way to communicate with others about things of emotional import.  There is no subtext to text, and context is completely open to the reader's interpretation. It's entirely possible that you and your friends have been getting so upset about these things because you're reading things that aren't there.  If you can meet with your friends in person, do that.  Otherwise, at least call.  It might be uncomfortable, but you all will get a much better sense of how the others are feeling.

If you find comfort in writing things out, try writing them down on paper and taking them with you.  You can always reference your notes if you feel like you're forgetting something, but you get the benefits of interpersonal contact.  

You're going through the most traumatic experience that anyone could ever go through, and it becomes very easy to see the worst in others.  In most cases, they just don't understand what you need; how could they?  Don't destroy years of friendship and your support network until you have at least talked to them in person.  Good luck.
    Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I agree with gertiebarden that you don't want to make a rash decision or ruin the support system that you have, if the relationships can be salvaged. That being said, I also think it depends on those relationships and how close you were to begin with. I have a couple friendships that I have taken a step back from. One in particular was a good friend, but she has made some comments since our loss that have really rubbed me the wrong way, and hasn't made an effort to reach out to me. Going off of advice from my therapist, I feel like right now, it is more harmful for me to be around her, so I am taking a step back. I don't think our friendship will be ruined, but I doubt it will ever be close as I am with other friends. I'm kind of okay with that though, and I have an amazing support system of friends and family who have been there, and who selflessly listen and let me talk, and that is what I need right now, and they have shown they will be there for the long haul, much more so than this one friend.

Ultimately, this is your decision, and it's possible it all comes down to them not knowing what to say or how to respond to you, which is understandable. ((Hugs))
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Me: 32 DH: 33  High School Sweethearts  Married 5/28/2005
    DS1 born 6/5/10 at 40 weeks via emergency c-section due to fetal distress and IUGR caused by placental insufficiency
    DS2 born still 8/28/13 at 32 weeks via emergency c-section due to a complete placental abruption - cause unknown
    Baby #3 on the way, EDD 2/29/16.  Originally twins, but we said goodbye to Baby B at 8 weeks.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Im so sorry you are dealing with this..
    ((hugs))
  • Options
    ***siggy warning***

I agree with pp. You're going through an extremely horrible thing right now and the way you see things is skewed by the pain you're feeling. I know that for me I struggled a lot with anger as part if my grief. There were very few people I allowed myself to be around because I felt like it would be too easy for them to say the wrong thing and set me off. My sister was one of the people I avoided and while it hurt her feelings at the time I think it was the best thing I could do to take a step back. Maybe that's what you need to do. Just step back, don't make rash decisions and don't do anything permanent now based on what youre feeling at this moment. As time passes your grief will change and the way you feel about the people around you will also change. I'm sorry you're hurting and your friends aren't being supportive in the way you want them to be.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageimage

• Options
    Taking a step back and focusing on yourself is only natural at this time. I'm sorry your hurting and I hope your friends will realize that they are not supporting you enough. 

EDD 1/8/10 - our sweet sunshine DD born 12/30/09
    EDD 2/15/14 - Stillbirth at 21 wks 10/02/13
    EDD 8/12/15 - MMC 1/12/15
    EDD 12/24/15

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"