Working Moms
Options

daycare etiquette question

We are moving at the end of this month so dd will be switching daycares. It's a small in-home with two providers that she has been going to since I went back to work from maternity leave (1.5 years). What is the etiquette about giving a gift for the providers when we switch daycares? I was planning to send treats with dd that day but then wondered if it would be appropriate to send gifts. If so, what would you give the providers? We have been very happy with them and wouldn't be switching daycares if we weren't moving. TIA!

Re: daycare etiquette question

• Options
    A card stating how happy you and your family have been with the providers would go down well and then those treats you mentioned would be a nice touch to say goodbye.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    VORVOR member
    I think what you're planning is fine.  There really isn't an etiquette around this.  Do what feels right to you. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Its completely up to you. I would probably do treats, a nice card...and then maybe a small gift for each of them...a candle, lotion...gift cert for mani/pedi depending on if thats something you think they would like, etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"