School-Aged Children
Options

I'm going to be a shameless AW

We found out this past week that my son was accepted into a GT magnet school for 4th grade. My DD was accepted into 2 magnet programs for HS and chose the humanities program.  She applied to the IB program at a high school in our county, and this would have been her first choice, but she didn't get in.  This is the first time she's been rejected from a program, but she handled it pretty well.  The fact that none of her friends got into the IB program either was some consolation!  One of the guidance counselors at the school where I teach said that the IB program has a lower acceptance percentage than flipping Harvard!

I am breathing a huge sigh of relief about my son, because it would have been really tough on him if he had been rejected to this program, because his sister went when she was in 4th grade.  In even better news, his best friend was also accepted.  His buddy lives in a neighborhood that is going to be redistricted to a new elementary school next year, so both getting into the GT magnet was their only chance of being at the same school.

High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade

Re: I'm going to be a shameless AW

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"