Babies on the Brain

Happy Birthday to me!

Looks like I will be having my gallbladder removed! Who needs cake anyway? <:-P :-q

I have spent the morning in the ER. I have multiple gallstones and sludge. I set up my surgery for the next week or so. Tue. is my birthday, I was told no sweets or chocolate. :((

Re: Happy Birthday to me!

• That stinks, I'm so sorry! Happy birthday, anyway! ((hugs))
  • That stinks!  Sorry!

Happy Birthday!

R&K married 4.15.11. TTC #1 since 7.11.12

BFP #1 9.9.12 EDD 5.21.13 c/p 9.12.12 at 4 weeks 1 day

BFP #2 10.15.12 EDD 6.28.13 c/p 10.19.12 at  4 weeks.

BFP #3 1.19.13 EDD 10.1.13 Eleanor born 10.7.13 at 40 weeks 6 days

13dpo hcg@32, progesterone@13.7, 15dpo hcg@110, 16dpo progesterone@25.9

My blog:Urban Times in Michigan ~ My Bfp Chart

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Happy early birthday! I hope you feel 1000000000x better after the surgery!

View Full Size Image

• It sucks to not have cake on your birthday :(

Not that I advise taking advice from randoms on the internet, but...

Usually people have biliary colic (gallstone attacks) with high fat food. If you're really invested in having cake, a low-fat alternative (like Angel Food cake) would be on par with eating anything else. (As in, neither more nor less likely to bring on an attack than eating something of equivalent fat content). The pain from gallstones comes from a gallstone getting stuck in the neck of the gallbladder (Hartman's pouch), and your gallbladder wall being stretched because it's essentially straining against the obstructed stone. High fat food causes your gallbladder to be more active and release more bile (because bile is an emulsifying agent for the fat that you eat). 

tl;dr Angel food cake is low fat and likely won't cause you any gallbladder troubles. 
  • I can't keep down apple sauce. I don't think angel food will stay either. Thanks for the suggestion. If I feel better tomorrow I will suggest it to H.

Thanks for the support ladies.
  • Oh, man. Sorry about the timing.  Happy birthday anyway.  I wish you a speedy recovery.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Oh shit, MW, that sucks!  This happened to me a few years ago - I went in at midnight with terrible abdominal pain and they rushed me in for surgery the next morning. I had no previous symptoms prior to that night!  

It was painful for a few days but not too bad, all in all.  Usually they can just do it with the scope and don't have to make a large incision, so hopefully that will be your experience.  

My doctor friend recommended taking digestive enzymes during meals and I do (sometimes) but haven't noticed too much difference.  However, I do believe it's important because the gall bladder really does have a valuable function so I need to be better about that.  Good luck!  

TTC#1 since May 2012. Low AMH, High FSH.
    Factor II (Prothrombin) Mutation
    TTGP Award Best PIP 2013 & 2014

My Chart

• Surgery is tomorrow at 1. :(
  • I had cake and regret every bite. I've lost 10lbs in two weeks due to my gallbladder and strep. :(
  • Happy birthday MW. Sending good thoughts for surgery tomorrow! Please update when you can or let me know if you need an update person!

View Full Size Image

• Happy birthday MW! I'll be thinking of you during surgery- best of luck.
    Baby boy H is here! Born 2/1/2014 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Mysterious_wife: "And for the love of all things that sparkle, remove your last name" on BOTB.
  • Good luck today.  Sorry you couldn't enjoy the cake yesterday.

R&K married 4.15.11. TTC #1 since 7.11.12

BFP #1 9.9.12 EDD 5.21.13 c/p 9.12.12 at 4 weeks 1 day

BFP #2 10.15.12 EDD 6.28.13 c/p 10.19.12 at  4 weeks.

BFP #3 1.19.13 EDD 10.1.13 Eleanor born 10.7.13 at 40 weeks 6 days

13dpo hcg@32, progesterone@13.7, 15dpo hcg@110, 16dpo progesterone@25.9

My blog:Urban Times in Michigan ~ My Bfp Chart

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"