December 2012 Moms
Options

Hives or just eczema?

DH bought pouches from the pharmaceutical company he does work for. They're squash and pear. Milla rarely eats them, because why. Well she wanted one and she loved it. A little while later I changed her diaper and noticed spots on her back. The ingredients say pears, squash, and oranges. I'm allergic to oranges, now I'm worried she might be too. She had all of the ingredients before. I just don't know. She did have a bath two nights in a row, so it could just be flare of the eczema. I didn't look at her back much earlier. What do you think? The bigger ones are definitely eczema, but then there's these smaller spots.imageimageimageimage

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

imageimageimage

Re: Hives or just eczema?

• Options
    Is she itching at them?  It looks like Morgan's eczema spots to me but if they are itchy it's probably hives.  I would give her some benadryl just to be on the safe side.  Morgan is about 25 pounds and our pedi said 2ml's for her.

We Made A Wish....

And You Came True!

• Options
    She didn't try to itch them. I put a bunch of aquaphor on them and this morning the redness is gone and they're more of that grey color that they get when it healing.
    She slept for crap last night, but I think I feel her incisors, so I'm hesitant to think it's from the spots.

imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    looks like eczema to me but I can see how that one close to her diaper is questionable for hives.

DD is dealing with eczema from head to toe right now and it came out of nowhere. I switched to dye/perfume free detergent and body wash and I'm hoping it helps. We have also been covering her in cetaphil creme which is seeming to help. I wish I could figure out what is causing it but at least it doesn't seem to be bothering her. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I'm late to respond. Do you think it was eczema? That would have been my guess. Given that there are only a few spots and it is on her back I would be surprised if it were an allergy, but it sounds like you have had a lot more experience with allergies than I have.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerAnniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"