Preemies

Intro

I have been lurking here the last couple of days and thought I should probably introduce myself before I start commenting on anything. I am a new preemie mom, my son Liam was born last week at 28w2d due to severe pre eclampsia. I was admitted to the hospital at 27w6d for bed rest and was told that they were hoping to keep me pregnant until at least 32 weeks but of course my body had other plans and 3 days later my liver started shutting down and I had to have a c-section right away. 

It has been a crazy week for DH and I but I think we are getting into our routine and getting used to spending huge amounts of time in the NICU. My little Liam is a fighter and has already made so many improvements in his short life, 2 days ago they took him off of CPAP and changed him to a nasal cannula and the nurses have said that probably wont be on him too much longer either. I feel like every day he is making some kind of improvement, although I do know it is still going to be a long road until he gets to come home. 

I am really looking forward to getting to know everyone here and to hear all about everyone else's experience as a preemie mom.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Intro

• Hi babybean I'm a June '14 too :)  

I'm so happy to hear Liam is doing well!! I've been watching for updates on him.  My little boy isn't here yet but will be in about two weeks.

Lilypie - (4j0O)

Follow us at Caring Bridge 

• KTZ17KTZ17 member
    Congratulations on the birth of your son, but sorry you have to join us! My DD was also born early because of high BP and then liver issues, but they didn't call it pre-e, they called it HELLP syndrome (hypertension, elevated liver enzymes, low platelets). That's great that he's already off CPAP! Were you able to get the steroid shots before delivery? Make sure you take care of yourself, too. My BP was high for a couple weeks after she was born. Wishing you a short & uneventful NICU stay.

imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • KTZ17 said:
    Congratulations on the birth of your son, but sorry you have to join us! My DD was also born early because of high BP and then liver issues, but they didn't call it pre-e, they called it HELLP syndrome (hypertension, elevated liver enzymes, low platelets). That's great that he's already off CPAP! Were you able to get the steroid shots before delivery? Make sure you take care of yourself, too. My BP was high for a couple weeks after she was born. Wishing you a short & uneventful NICU stay.
    I also had extremely high protein in my urine so that might be why it was Pre-e and not HELLP for me. 

I did get the steroid shots when I was first admitted which is probably why he is breathing so well, I am really glad that I got a couple of days in the hospital for him to develop a tiny bit more before I had to deliver. 

• Hello and congrats!

My dd was born at 29/6 from pre-e and HELLP syndrome. We had no warning (that the dr caught anyway--we had our own suspicions and that's what made the dr pay attention) so no steroids or bedrest for me. Called in with high bp and she was born that night at 2lb 3oz. Nine week NICU stay, home on o2, but doing great now--off the o2, strong and growing well!

Awesome to hear Liam is already off cpap--hope you continue to have a progressive and uneventful stay :)
  • Congrats on your baby!
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

• Congratulations on the birth of your LO! How wonderful that he's off CPAP already!
    Hoping this one stays put a little longer
    BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"