January 2014 Moms

Tummy time

DD hates tummy time. She normally screams until I pick her up. Today I decided to wait until she had calmed down to let her end it at least on a good note. It took about ten minutes. Then this happened (on my mobile so please forgive the pic). No point really. I was just excited.

Re: Tummy time

• My DD hates it too, she'll eventually like it when she is able to push up a bit and lift her head up more.
  • I noticed about a week ago that L hates it less than he used to. Hang in there!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Married: 4/2/13

DS born 12/19/13

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • My DD hates it. I wonder if I ever got the strength to let it go for 10 minutes if this would happen... Hmmmmm.

Married: 9.22.12 - DD: 1.7.14 - EDD 2: 10.30.17 - J14 OG
  • DD hates it too unless I do it when she's in a really good mood. Then she'll tolerate it for about 5 minutes.
  • DS usually hates it, but I have noticed that he seems to be tolerating it better. For me, it all has to do with timing and what toy I use during tummy time.
    Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • DD seems to hate it less and less as the weeks go by. She won't tolerate it in the evenings at all but if I do it during the day right after she eats she will last about 5 mins.

• I've noticed DS handles it better with a rolled up towel or pillow in same shape under his chest (close to top of shoulders). He prefers the view from that perspective. And I've noticed he started to push himself up more too!

image image image 

BFP#1- 08/18/2012. MMC; D/C- 09/26/2012
    BFP #2- 04/30/2013. Due 01/06/2014. 
    It's a BOY!-U/S 07/20/2013 
    A/S shows healthy baby with heartbeat of 138BPM- 08/20/2013 
    01/01/14- DS Born 5:54 am weight: 7lb, 14oz
  • My poor LO will spit up as soon as I put her on her belly if I don't time it right. I have to wait long enough after nursing yet early enough to where she's not tired and cranky...
  • am0138 said:
    My poor LO will spit up as soon as I put her on her belly if I don't time it right. I have to wait long enough after nursing yet early enough to where she's not tired and cranky...
    This is our issue too. But my daughter is still spitting up hours after a feeding so there is never a good time. It's a shame, because she actually likes tummy time! I usually just put a burp cloth under her and let her spit up.
    photo e2fe0839-b11a-41d8-8a07-1ef481a55d67_zpsda9c0f6f.jpg photo 777c55cb-e377-4070-950b-fdeda172a809_zpscd40251a.jpg IMG_15901 photo IMG_15901.jpg
  • Have you guys tried tummy time on your chest? I just lay down and put indie on my chest, she enjoys pushing up to look at my face. It's basically doing the same thing. She loves back time with her play gym, and I can now get in about 5 mins of tummy time on that. She also doesn't mind tummy time on our bed... which is weird!
  • cnctfcnctf member
    @katags‌ my DD spits up hours after eating also!
    image=
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My LO hated tummy time on his play mat but we figured out if we put his fleece blanket on top of his play mat he was fine.
  • Tummy time on your chest counts too! Try that maybe instead?
    imageimage
    Mama of boys, Landon (Jan 14) and Harrison (Aug 15).  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"