Options

x

Rachelilly23Rachelilly23 member
edited April 2014 in October 2012 Moms
DD
Logan Jack- 6.1.10 and Emmett Weston- 9.29.12 

Re: x

• Options
    Id let it go but I'm probably the wrong person to ask. I had an elective c section. The chances of me needing one were higher so my doctor and I decided that just scheduling one was the right choice.

If someone wants a c section, then I say let them have a c section.

• Options
    +2. Same as @Hismom12‌. Big head, pushed for 3 hours...csection. The csection was much better then the pushing and the pain from pushing after.
    image                 image
    Lilypie - (52Ft)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would leave it alone. Maybe she has a medical reason that she doesn't want to share?

For me, I had an elective c-section because of a huge fibroid that would make it too difficult for me to deliver vaginally. I shared with family of course, but most of my friends don't know.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Eh I know there are strong opinions on this but I just feel if a woman wants to have a csection then let her have one. I don't know I just don't care. Maybe it's bc I had two csections and they were awesome with easy recoveries. I just don't see why others care how someone wants to birth their child.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    DD

• Options
    However if an ob is willing to do an elective section she may be one who is quick to jump to csection during delivery. If you are not comfortable with that then you should switch!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    DD

• Options

2+ days of a failed induction for me = c-section

I never made it past 3 cm. End of the first day on Pitocin when the dr. told me I basically made no progress, I *may* have started bawling. Second day when I got the same report I was practically begging them to cut her out of me, mainly so I could eat that night. I could only eat popsicles and Sprite the whole hospital stay, until I had her (Sunday night - Tuesday late afternoon).

View Full Size Image

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    chricast said:
    +2. Same as @Hismom12‌. Big head, pushed for 3 hours...csection. The csection was much better then the pushing and the pain from pushing after.
    +3 - DS got stuck in my pelvis (head too big).  
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

All of you who say you've elected c sections actually sound like legitimate reasons for wanting one BTW. I don't want to sound too judgy about it, really. But her reasons seem to lean more towards the "I don't want to have a gaping vagina/tears/want to know exactly when baby will be here" side.

If that's her reasoning than that's her reasoning. Maybe she's absolutely terrified of vaginal birth and this seems like a better option for her. Everyone is different.

• Options
    ZiegefickerZiegeficker member
    edited March 2014
    Ultimately it's her choice, and speaking out on the matter will probably not change her mind and will make you seem judgmental. I kind of agree with you, OP, but in your shoes I would probably keep my mouth shut unless she was opting for a C much earlier in her pregnancy.

That being said, elective Cs for the reason of "not wanting to fuck up my vagina" make my eyes roll, and I pretty much think people who choose them for that reason are kind of shallow. I have a friend myself who says he and his lady friend have already decided an elective C is for them because, "you can always tell when you're sleeping with a woman who's delivered a baby vaginally." I guess what I am saying is, when you choose the aesthetics of your lady bits over everything in regards to child-rearing and bearing, you are in for quite a shock, and I want to be there to laugh at you when that shock sets in. But hey, in the end, I don't really care too much...it just makes me laugh.

For the record, none of the ladies on this thread who've admitted to elective Cs have reasons that are anywhere near as trivial. So I think some people define "elective" a little differently in this respect.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    The "kind" of person who wants an elective c section is not going to change who she is because you disagree with her method of giving birth. If she is vain or whatever, going through a vaginal birth is not going to change anything about her. I say let her be. If she asks about your birth experiences, go ahead and tell her your reasons for not wanting a c section, but someone's wants and fears and beliefs aren't just going to go away. Enjoy her for the things you have in common.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Do you think it's possible that there is a medical reason for a c-section that she is trying to keep private?
    imageimageimage

Lilypie First Birthday tickersimage
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    DD

• Options
    edited April 2014
    DD

• Options
    And I appreciate all your responses!

• Options
    Ya know, as long as you realize that having your opinions doesn't mean the people they're about should actually care or do anything about them, I think it's fine to have your differing beliefs. And in most cases and especially with issues like these, nobody benefits when you share them. @LorMor‌ is definitely right in the case of why my friend's comment irritates me, so that's probably true with your friend too. But in the end, the only person who has to live with her choices is her, so I leave it at that and keep my private judgments private...or on the Bump :-P
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"