October 2013 Moms

The most important poll of the WEEK

Jenball717Jenball717 member
edited March 2014 in October 2013 Moms
Yup, I went there.
When it comes to ice cream, I am very specific. Not just any old pint will do. And, I am brand loyal. Is this common and if so, what brand?

The most important poll of the WEEK 157 votes

Ben and Jerry
19% 31 votes
Haagen Dazs
5% 8 votes
Blue Bunny
3% 5 votes
Breyers/Dreyers
10% 17 votes
Store brand is fine
15% 24 votes
A Regional specialty brand
20% 32 votes
Ice Cream Shoppe, like Coldstone or Marbleslab
4% 7 votes
I have no soul and hate ice cream
2% 4 votes
SS, you forgot my favorite, ya idiot.
18% 29 votes

Re: The most important poll of the WEEK

• bionicbbionicb member
    edited March 2014
    Ben and Jerrys, then Tillamook, then Umpqua. Yum yum.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
                                                   photo 996da08d-6a8f-4ffe-b18d-94023659b1ef.jpg
  • Loading the player...
  • Blue Bell makes the best ice cream.

Oops, that's what I meant instead of blue bunny. Too many ice cream brands! And I forgot the Edy's next to Dreyers. Oh well, I poll fail again.
  • Haagen Dazs gelato
                                                     imageimage
                                        Lilypie - (JNST)image
                                         Lilypie - (aqIx)
  • CousinVickiCousinVicki member
    edited March 2014
    well breyers mint chocolate chip is the best.  haagan daz makes good stuff too, obv.  ben and jerrys froyo works when i want 'less calories' lol     but, this amish place near me has the best homemade ice cream i have ever had in my entire life. ever.

as for retail type places, they  just opened a Pinkberry near me and it's THE BEST!

• @kimbo1216‌ I almost lost it when we first got here to NC and some lady in Walmart told me they didn't have Blue Bell. Fortunately the commissary had some, and the walmarts now sell it too.

imageLilypie - (jv05)
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Blue bell Nom Nom nom. I voted blue bunny because I figured that's what you meant!

imageimageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Pregnancy%20ticker
  • I eat ice cream, any ice cream, all the ice cream, but not chocolate.
    All of this!

imageimage    

• For my basic vanilla and chocolate usually any brand will do. 

However, we are big Blue Bell fans around here.  One of my friend's husband's is high up in the Blue Bell company here, and we get free vouchers all the time.  Plus he is always bringing ice cream cups to the kid's parties and play dates.  It is awesome!

• Stewarts, hands down!
    photo 2465-1_zps83b1ff09.jpg
    Married 6/26/10  TTC 1/13  BFP 1/31/13   Wills born 10/9/13
  • Blue Bell only! DH tried to buy the big tub o' yuck from Schwanns while I was pregnant and it got thrown in the trash.
    CafeMom Tickers
  • Friendly's FTW!
  • I have no soul.

I don't hate it, it's just not something I really care about it. I'll eat it if it's presented..don't ever crave it. Any brand will do, though- you can call me an ice cream slut.

• Blue bell all day, son.  Their new chocolate lovers is to die for.
  • I love all ice cream, I'm slightly obsessed. Store brand, name brand, Dairy Queen, Coldstone, it doesn't matter. I love it all!! ;)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    photo ae9d6512-aa3f-4ee3-9605-e9c1b685f0eb_zps385c8147.jpg
  • Yeah how was Blue Bell not on the list??? BEST ice cream eva.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Feb Siggy Challenge
  • Blue Bell! We refuse to buy anything else and will always be brand loyal. It's getting really expensive but it's totally worth it.
  • Friendly's FTW!

all of this. I love Newport creamy as well.
  • I put Breyer's/Dreyer's but it actually has to be Dreyer's Slow Churned. Breyer's is too watery for my taste!

HOWEVER, since we currently live in Europe again, I will gladly forgo my Fudge Tracks (among other flavors) and eat all the homemade Italian gelato I can stomach!

• Tillamook's grandma's cake batter is the best ice cream ever in the world end of story.

• I put as, not because you forgot but because I like several of those choices. Blue Bell is delish. We have a regional brand called Edy's that is amaze balls, plus my cousin works there so we get it cheap! And if nothing is on sale the meijer store brand is pretty good. Plus who doesn't love Cold Stone, cake batter with brownies and caramel... Mmm. I might have to make dh go get me some!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I voted 'store brand' because I'm more swayed by flavour than brand. BUT Trader Joe's ice cream is freaking A-MA-ZING. Maybe I should have voted SS.

DD1: born 1/19/11. DD2: born 10/10/13
  • norbert5norbert5 member
    edited March 2014
    There is a local gelato place called Devine that so amazing I walked two miles in a hundred degree plus weather while 7 months pregnant to have some.

When I can't go there it is Ben and Jerry's chubby hubby. But tillamook's marionberry pie is a close 2nd.
    Charlotte 12.3.09
    Madeline 6.24.11
    Eleanor 9.30.13
  • Friendly's

But since that doesn't exist in Montana...
    I voted B&J because it's my favorite to eat right out of the carton. Phish food ftw.
    But I buy Breyers for when I make cobbler, fruit crisp etc.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • jnsmith85jnsmith85 member
    edited March 2014
    baconface said:

Wow, I've never heard of Blue Bell, but I will have to look for it.

@crunchymama11‌ Phish Food is my fave B&J flavor!

Where do you live? I could be wrong but I think Blue Bell is only sold in southern states for the most part? I know it's not sold in the New England area. (sucks for y'all!!)

Feb Siggy Challenge
  • I have to throw Carvel into the mix..... Their cake batter ice cream is amazing.

& I love dip n dots
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    April Siggy Challenge: Bunny Fail

• @sarahcatie‌ have you been to Mt. Tom's Ice Cream? It's my weakness. I go there a little too often. It was the last thing I ate before I went into labor

• carawasacarawasa member
    edited March 2014
    jnsmith85 said:

baconface said:

Wow, I've never heard of Blue Bell, but I will have to look for it.

@crunchymama11‌ Phish Food is my fave B&J flavor!

Where do you live? I could be wrong but I think Blue Bell is only sold in southern states for the most part? I know it's not sold in the New England area. (sucks for y'all!!)
    I have had blue bell a few times but in ri I'm pretty sure it's like 7$ For a gallon. I had one that was a 3 different types of coffee ice cream and then I died of the deliciousness.

Never mind it was blue bunny..
  • Blue Bell = best store ice cream ever.  I hate going to the shops and spending 15 bucks or more for three of us when I could get three gallons for that, but we love Marble Slab Double Dark Choc. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicimageimageimage
  • pmarie33pmarie33 member
    edited March 2014
    I don't see Baskin Robbins anywhere. Their chocolate peanut butter is so good. And of course Oreo.

• tmccord21tmccord21 member
    edited March 2014
    Ben and Jerry's if I'm someplace that doesn't have fancy ice cream. But I prefer the good shit. Phin and Phebes (cinnamon), Steve's(strawberry ricotta), Van Leeuwen (earl grey).
  • Bluebell =)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker photo octoberowls_zps78dd2214.png

May Siggy: Baby in disguise

photo photo1-1.jpg

• @sarahcatie‌ have you been to Mt. Tom's Ice Cream? It's my weakness. I go there a little too often. It was the last thing I ate before I went into labor
    I have not!  I'll have to try it next time I venture down to the valley!
    photo 2465-1_zps83b1ff09.jpg
    Married 6/26/10  TTC 1/13  BFP 1/31/13   Wills born 10/9/13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"