TTC after 35

A get to know you Q

2»

Re: A get to know you Q

• C_Girlie ‌ & @hooligans4‌  Brookhaven here (M.B. We've been burglarized after hurricane Irene AND flooded during Sandy, yippee!) I used to live in Lake Grove and Sayville before moving around the country, then Patchogue and Centereach before moving to MB.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Holy crap we are all so close. I am just south if sunrise so thank goodness no flooding during sandy, just downed trees.

Me:39, DH:40

DD born 8/96, DS born 8/04

TTC#3

NTNP since 2006, active trying 1/13

Natural M/C 3/13 at 7 weeks

CP 2/14

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage

All welcome

• Loading the player...
  • Yes thank goodness we didn't get the bad end of the storm. We lost power for two days, that it. A small tree on our property fell, but it didn't do any damage, we were extremely lucky. I work in the Lake Groove area. I'm sure we have all seen each other at one point or another. The world is so big, but yet so small
  • We lost power for 10 days. But that wasn't too bad because we has a generator. The worst part was trying to get gas to run it.

We own a florist in nesconset so that is right by your work. I don't work there anymore but I was there for years. I'm sure we have crossed paths at one time also.

Me:39, DH:40

DD born 8/96, DS born 8/04

TTC#3

NTNP since 2006, active trying 1/13

Natural M/C 3/13 at 7 weeks

CP 2/14

imageimage

All welcome

• Yes that was the situation with my parents. There was a massive tree gown and they didn't have power for a long time. The gas.....ugh that was insane! Thank goodness for the line of work I'm in. As long as I had my badge the police let me cut the line and get gas. So I would full up my car & the red gas jugs for my parents generator
  • I live in central NJ, and I do love it here, again except the cost of living, I am 5 miles from the beach, 45 minutes from NYC, 1.5 hours from Philly, 2 hrs from Atlantic City, we have mountains, beaches and the pine barrens, fruit orchards, and the best darn tomatoes, after all we are the garden state. 

I went to College in PA and then lived in Alaska for a few years in my 20's, I loved AK, but it was just so far away from family and a support system. I would love to live somewhere else, my sister is in Seattle, which I love, but i like DE, NH & CT too. But for now I will stay near my parents (well currently I live with them) but they are getting older and need more and more help.

p.s. HATE Jersey Shore, it's so embarrassing that I do have to say "that's not us" it was filmed 20 minutes South of where I live, thankfully I never ran into them.

My Ovulation Chart

Me: 41 DH: 46. We are TTC our 1st, started July '11,
    3 cycles clomid with Ob,
    1 cycle Tamoxifen with Ob,
    Diagnosed PCOS 11/5/12
    clomid, trigger & timed bd 12/12 BFN
    1st clomid IUI 1/4/13 BFN.
    2nd clomid IUI 2/13 cancelled didn't respond to clomid.
    3/15/13 scheduled laparoscopy & on bcp.

May 10 IUI from injectibles - BFN 

May 22 done with interventions it will either happen or it won't. 

February 2014 No longer actively trying, but not preventing. 

SURPISE BFP 4/2/2015!!!!!!!!!!

Miscarriage 4/23/15

• @HeathernSteven‌ you lived in Alaska? What part? I want details!! After college I actually wanted to try to find a teaching job there! I always thought it would be cool to live there for few years...ok maybe one. Not too sure if I would of loved the cold!!

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• BeckyP005 said:
    From Pittsburgh PA. Never left. I kinda wished I would of moved away after college or at least wished MH had to get transferred somewhere for a few years. Ohhh well :( I'm not too sure where I would move if given the chance to relocate anywhere I want!! Part of me would love small town with sidewalks and wrap around porches and everyone knowing each other like where Sleeping with the Enemy was filmed. I would have to think about that more :)
    @BeckyP005

I love Pittsburgh. My husband spent six months there when we were dating. He lived on the south side. I used to drive up from Fairfax, VA, where I was doing grad work. The vibe is similar to where I grew up--very blue collar and down to earth. DC was too intense for me, work-wise.

Visit The Nest!image Visit The Nest!

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." - Eleanor Roosevelt

• @URMySunshine77‌ oh I like Pittsburgh and think it's a great city I'm just a bit jealous that some have lived in other cities!! Not sure I could ever leave now...wouldn't be able to leave my parents and friends :)

Ahhh the southside. Loved hanging out there when I was younger...bars galore!! Damn girl for driving up to see him! Far drive!!

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• Is it just me or are lots of new people on our board?? Its so cool! 

I was just wondering where is everyone from???

Im from Southern California. A little place called Yucaipa. I love it here. 

Its not where I thought I would end up being that much of my young life I grew up in the OC (Orange County) I always thought i would end up back there….but you know how that goes….life had other plans. Hubby has even mentioned moving out to the beach in a few years if his career takes him in a certain direction. Id be up for that for sure. :)
    Hi! I am new here, and from So Cal too. only about 45 minutes from you! such a small world :)
    Me: 35  low AMH, normal FSH
    DH: 31 Fair DNA fragmentation test :( Normal SA
    TTC: since March 2012

09-21-13 start IVF #1
    10-04-13 ER 6 eggs, 6 mature, all 6 fertilized. 3 frozen
    10-08-13 fresh transfer canceled due to high progesterone
    waiting for FET
    10-18 started BCP
    10-29 baseline appt scheduled
    11-20 scheduled date of FET #1
    12-2 BFN :(

3-1-14 moving on to the next step. Switched RE. going to plan 3 IUI cycles while saving for IVF#2

April 2014- IUI#1  BFN
    May 2014- IUI#2 BFN
    June 2014 IUI#3 BFN

Taking a break for a while, focusing on our wedding.

Sept 24th missed period! Surprise natural BFP
    10-15-14 first ultrasound
    06-05-15 EDD

imageimage

• Lm92599 said:
    Is it just me or are lots of new people on our board?? Its so cool! 

I was just wondering where is everyone from???

Im from Southern California. A little place called Yucaipa. I love it here. 

Its not where I thought I would end up being that much of my young life I grew up in the OC (Orange County) I always thought i would end up back there….but you know how that goes….life had other plans. Hubby has even mentioned moving out to the beach in a few years if his career takes him in a certain direction. Id be up for that for sure. :)
    Hi! I am new here, and from So Cal too. only about 45 minutes from you! such a small world :)
    YEAH another socal bumpie!!!!!!

SIGGY WARNING
    Me 38   DH 34
    married 05-21-11 
    started TTC right away

BFP- 10-16-14 EDD 6/13/15: MC 12-1-14 
  • CML11CML11 member
    Another New Englander here! I'm from NH born and raised, but after college my friend and I packed up and moved to Maui for a few years, then South Jersey, now I'm back in NH. Kinda weird transitions I know! Colorado was always on my list of places to live, but I settle now for visiting my brother there.
  • CML11 said:
    Another New Englander here! I'm from NH born and raised, but after college my friend and I packed up and moved to Maui for a few years, then South Jersey, now I'm back in NH. Kinda weird transitions I know! Colorado was always on my list of places to live, but I settle now for visiting my brother there.
    wow!!! that just sounds like it has been fun. I think if I ever lived in Maui I would never leave. I love it there.
    SIGGY WARNING
    Me 38   DH 34
    married 05-21-11 
    started TTC right away

BFP- 10-16-14 EDD 6/13/15: MC 12-1-14 
  • I'm from West, TX. Yes the town. That confuses people sometimes. Lol. My husband and I are both from here, so we have not made it very far.
    Jewels

** Our TTC Journey Blog **

** Our Pregnancy Blog ** 

TTC for over 3 years. After several infertility treatments, we received our first BFP!! :)

image' rel="nofollow">image
  • AstrabacusAstrabacus member
    edited March 2014
    I was born in St. Albans, in England, then moved to Akrotiri, Cyprus when I was 3 months old (my Dad was in the RAF), then to The Falkland Islands when I was 4, then to Dundee, Scotland when my parents divorced aged 5. Then my mum joined the RAF when I was 7, and we moved to London, England, and then when I was 9 we moved back to Akrotiri, Cyprus, then I was 13 we moved to JHQ Rheindahlen, Germany, then we moved to Edinburgh, Scotland when I was 17. When I was 20 I moved to Jönköping, Sweden for a year as part of the study abroad programme at my university, then when I was 21 I moved back to Edinburgh.  When I was 23 I moved to Frankfurt, Germany, for two years, after which I moved back to London, England, for another year, and then moved to Stockholm, Sweden, for three years, then I moved to Amsterdam, Netherlands for three years, then I moved back to Stockholm, Sweden, for a year, and then I moved back to Jönköping, Sweden when I was 34 and have lived here ever since.

**Edited because I'm an idiot and forgot I lived in Amsterdam**
    ****Older Child Warning****
    Me: 36 FI: 35 Met: August 1999, dated Sept - Dec '99 Reunited May 2008, Marrying June 2014
    Diagnosed with Ovarian Cancer January 1996
    One small cancerous cyst (left ovary) removed Jan '96, chemotherapy Jan - July '96
    Three more cancerous cysts found July 1996 (left ovary), ovary removed July '96, chemotherapy July '96 - Feb '97
    February 1997 given all clear!
    Told of suspected infertility
    Tove Ikarus born July 2010, given guardianship September 2010
    April 2014 infertility confirmed
    IVF with sister's eggs July 2014

(Hopeful) adoption of Tove July 2015
    @LaireAndLia is my sister's partner, @DragonsLaire is my sister
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • edited March 2014
    I live in Pittsburgh and I'm from Pittsburgh. I did move away for 9 yrs or so, and lived in Paris, Salt Lake City, Miami, and Mexico City. I like a little variety!

Edited to wave at @BeckyP005‌ hi neighbor!

Me: 38  DH:36
    lap for endo 12/2010  uterus didelphys confirmed in hysteroscopy 
    dd born at 34 weeks 2/29/12  short NICU stay
    BFP somewhere around 2/14/13  d&c april @ 12 wks   partial molar diagnosed after d&c
    HCG monitoring for approx 11 months
    TTC  #2 

• @C_Girlie I grew up in Lake Grove (my parents still live there). Small world indeed

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • St. Louis, Mo here
    Baby #1 MC November 2007
    Baby #2 MC June 2008
    Baby #3 Born April 2009
    Baby #4 due date February 2015

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I live in the Detroit area too!  Shout out @kindershlitz cue the cheesy "You Are Not Alone" music.  I traveled and lived abroad and always thought I would end up living overseas.  But instead I ended up living, working and marrying less than an hour from where I was born and raised.  But just to keep it interesting DH is an imported Brit with a green card and we go to the UK every Xmas to visit the ILS.  And they come to visit every year too and will be here in June.  So it's all good.  This is a nice GTKY thread.

Married 09/21/13 * TTC #1 Actively since January 2014
    Me:38 DH: 45, SA Normal
    Diagnosed unexplained infertility
    Nov 7 2014 - HSG
    Nov 30 2014 - BFP
    Dec 15 2014 - MC
    2015 - 3 Rounds clomid - all BFN
    2015 - 2 Rounds Femara - BFN
    (1) IUI August '15
    Switched REs
    IVF #1 clinical trial started January '16
    1/31/16: 26 eggs retrieved, 18 fertilized,  9 made it to blast
    2 month break in February/March '16
    FET planned for April/May '16
    FET resulted in BFP May '16
    MC due to Trisomy 7 in June '16
    FET #2 planned for August/September '16
    August 2016 - BFN
    Egg Retrieval October '16
    PGS tested embryos produced 7 normal embryos (4 males/3 females)
    Robotic Myomectomy for removal of Fibroids November '16
    April 7 2017 - Spontaneous BFP

• JmaddisoJmaddiso member
    edited April 2014
    @sunchip, @mindaa
    I'm originally from Oregon too!!! Bend to be precise. Then spent the last 8 i was there in Eugene (GO DUCKS!!) Spent 30 years in OR, then decided to move across country (alone) and drove out to North Carolina about 4 1/2 years ago. It's been home ever since!! :)
  • lcwedlcwed member
    Another Texan here, El Paso, TX actually.  I've lived all over Texas in the past few years and the south plains area is my favorite.  I must say, I love snow so I am a little envious of everyone who gets to enjoy regular snow fall, but it is nice to have an excuse for weekly pedicures in March.  I do dread our 100+ degree summers though.

Me 36 DH 39

DD 3/29/12
                      BFP 6/4/14 ~ MMC 7/7/14 ~ D&C 7/15/14            
    BFP 11/28/14 ~ MMC  12/29/14    

TTCAL Siggy Challenge

• I'm born and raised in Northern California. I'm about an hour north of San Francisco in the city of Santa Rosa. It's beautiful up here. I have a lot of family in Orange County too down in Southern California.  :)

P.S. Totally off topic question .. Why don't I get notified when someone responds to a post, even though I have my notifications set up to do that? I can't figure it out. Just thought I'd throw this question out there in case anyone has any suggestions. Thank you! ;)

Me: 38 ~  DH: 38 ~   DD: 8
    TTC #2 since March/April 2014.

• CML11CML11 member
    @TAT2MAMI‌ I don't get the notifications either despite having notifications set up. I use the mobile app, so maybe it has something to do with that. I can see when there are new posts on a thread that I've looked at or responded to, but not when I'm tagged.
    If you figure it out let me know!
  • @CML11 There is an app for this? I looked it up before, but only found something related to when you're already pregnant.
    P.S. Thank you for the info. ;)

• TAT2MAMI said:

I'm born and raised in Northern California. I'm about an hour north of San Francisco in the city of Santa Rosa. It's beautiful up here. I have a lot of family in Orange County too down in Southern California.  :)

P.S. Totally off topic question .. Why don't I get notified when someone responds to a post, even though I have my notifications set up to do that? I can't figure it out. Just thought I'd throw this question out there in case anyone has any suggestions. Thank you! ;)

@TAT2MAMI: I've been to Santa Rosa! DH and I went to a winery there. We are located in San Francisco.

Visit The Nest!image Visit The Nest!

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." - Eleanor Roosevelt

• I live in Maryland, close to Annapolis. I love it here! I was born in south jersey and lived there until I was 8 when we moved to maryland. I laughed at the posts from the ladies who were from the Jersey Shore because my grandparents have a house in wildwood and when i tell people I am going to the jersey shore I have to explain that none of my relatives look, talk, or act like those fools on the tv show, and no I am not going to where they film the show.
    To the ladies who live in New Orleans, I am traveling there for a work conference over mother's day weekend, its my first time there, and was wondering if you could tell me places I should try and see or restaurants worth trying?

Smile, Be Happy, and Live Life to the fullest!!!!

*************************  Siggy Warning (Loss mentioned)************************************
    Me:  38  PCOS
    DH: 37 Everything normal 
    Sept. 2013   Married and started TTC
    March 2014   CP
    Aug 2014     CP 
       HSG and MRI done
    Sept. 2014   Started seeing RE
    Dec. 2014  First IUI
    Clomid, 75 mg bravelle on Days 9 and 11, Ovidrel- Trigger
    Jan. 2015  2nd IUI  
    Clomid, 150 mg bravelle on Days 9 and 10, Ovidrel-Trigger
    Feb. 2015  3rd IUI

• @URMySunshine77 - How awesome that you've been to Santa Rosa! It's a pretty cool city.... Because I work at the District Attorney's Office, I am seeing an increase in crime, but sadly, I think it's happening everywhere. :(
    I love going down to the city. Makes for a great date night. :)

• @zantster  We live in Royal Oak

• @kindershlitz NO EFFING WAAYY!!. We live in Royal Oak too! I mean of all the hundreds of cities in MI you're right here.  Wow, that makes me so happy to be so near to someone else on this board.  People tend to seem so far away and I've never run into someone on these boards who lives in the same town as I do.  Squee!  Me and DH walk into town all the time and eat at all the local spots and will probably again this weekend if the weather holds up.  What do you and DH usually like to do on weekends in the area?  I'd love to GTKY more for sure and see what else we have in common if that's cool.

Married 09/21/13 * TTC #1 Actively since January 2014
    Me:38 DH: 45, SA Normal
    Diagnosed unexplained infertility
    Nov 7 2014 - HSG
    Nov 30 2014 - BFP
    Dec 15 2014 - MC
    2015 - 3 Rounds clomid - all BFN
    2015 - 2 Rounds Femara - BFN
    (1) IUI August '15
    Switched REs
    IVF #1 clinical trial started January '16
    1/31/16: 26 eggs retrieved, 18 fertilized,  9 made it to blast
    2 month break in February/March '16
    FET planned for April/May '16
    FET resulted in BFP May '16
    MC due to Trisomy 7 in June '16
    FET #2 planned for August/September '16
    August 2016 - BFN
    Egg Retrieval October '16
    PGS tested embryos produced 7 normal embryos (4 males/3 females)
    Robotic Myomectomy for removal of Fibroids November '16
    April 7 2017 - Spontaneous BFP

• We walk to town too! Farmers Market, used to do Borders, our favorite restaurant is Town Tavern but we don't go out very often. Lol. Small world!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"