Cloth Diapering

Used gmd workhorses....help please!

Hi everyone! I'm mostly a lurker but not a newbie:) I've been cloth diapering my daughter for over a year and want to expand my stash before we have #2 in June. I have almost all pockets now and am sick of stuffing so I found a killer deal on used gmd workhorse fitteds and want to give them a try. So since they are used how to I prep them? They are unbleached if that matters....also do you all throw them in the dryer or line dry? They have elastic so I was leaning towards line drying but not sure if that would take forever or not (right now I dry inserts in the dryer and hang my covers) thanks so much!

Re: Used gmd workhorses....help please!

• mm&esmm&es member

I dry mine in the drier.  I haven't had a problem with elastics because they are used in conjunction with covers, so even if the elastics relax a little, the cover seals in any leaks.  I think they would take a long time to dry on the line, since they are pretty thick. 

I would just run them through a wash with a little bleach to sanitize them before you use them.  I love my workhorses!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks for the reply- that's what I was thinking - hot wash with a little bleach:) I've never bought used dipes before so it makes me a little nervous!
  • Loading the player...
  • So should I use bleach on them or not?? They are unbleached so if I use bleach is it going to change the color? Not that it really matters if the color changes I guess besides hiding stains...
  • I don't think the amount of bleach people are suggesting will be enough to change the color. It should be very diluted. I put in a little splash of bleach when I washed some gently used Kissaluvs and it didn't change the color.
  • Thanks so much! I love new fluff and can't wait to use them:)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"