Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Who has some tips/tricks on getting my LO to sleep on his own, in his own bed?

We have had this problem of my LO not wanting to sleep on his own. He will sleep if we co-bed. He is breastfed, and nurses like a champ, and teething. So now, he only sleeps the best if he is held, and if I try and move him, he is WIDE AWAKE and the cycle stars all over again. Even naps are a problem. I am at a complete loss...
BabyFruit Ticker

Answers

• Options
    I am having the exact same problem. Would love to know how to make it stop!
  • Options
    My LO was only a couple weeks when she started sleeping in her own bed but the only thing that helped was white noise. I just put a radio in her room and turned on radio static and it work great! Used it until she was almost 4 months and then weaned her out of it. Not sure if it would work as well when they are older but anything is worth a shot. Good luck :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My magic was warming the sheets. I use a heating pad in the crib then remove it as I am ready to set my LO in the crib. I think it took the shock away of cold sheets that was waking my drowsy girl.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Let me start by saying I am not necessarily advocating CIO, however, the Feber book is a very good read to learn about baby sleep cycles and associations. Before I read it, I thought it was 'leave your baby to cry'. But it's really not about that. We started implementing some of his suggestions because out DD HAD to have the pacifier to sleep. But she was waking up and not being able to go back to sleep which = cranky unhappy baby. After two nights things are already better. I think it's worth the read if you are having sleep issues. Even if it just helps you understand how sleep works and sleep associations.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"