July 2012 Moms
Options

AW: What I learned in Disney

What I learned after taking my toddler to Disney for a day:

1. Wear tennis shoes. Not flip flops.

2. Don't get on the monorail unless you are prepared for a tantrum upon getting off and watching the monorail leave.

3. Lines are for chumps. GET FASTPASSES.

4. When in even a short fastpass line, have snacks at the ready for impatient toddlers.

5. It is time to start teaching "hands to yourself" when your toddler enjoys grabbing braids, tickling, poking, grabbing jewelry, and randomly touching complete strangers when in close quarters.

6. Tall 1.5 year olds can ride kiddie roller coasters and LOVE it. Warning: Don't get your toddler's hopes up by saying you will ride again later only to return to a new employee who notices said toddler is on his tippy toes to meet height requirement and refuses your entry. :(

7. Stay for the parade. Even if it's past bedtime, its worth it!

8. Stay in a Disney hotel to avoid exiting the entire park (monorail, tram, car) for nap time and having to return a few hours later with a toddler in tow.

9. The balloon is actually worth the $12 if it keeps your child happy.

10. Plan a trip back soon!! :)

Re: AW: What I learned in Disney

• Options
    Good tips! I haven't been myself, but I've thought about taking the twins before they turn 3 to avoid paying for their tickets haha. They may not remember it later, but they love Disney characters so I think they'd still enjoy it! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sounds like so much fun! We're getting our planning going for when she's older and I'm sure some of these will still apply. :-)

Even a minor event in the life of a child is an event of that child's world and thus a world event.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Great tips and it sounds like Kellen had a great time!
  • Options
    We're going in September and I can't wait, I actually took note on your suggestions especially the one about keeping our hands to ourselves! Glad you had fun!

• Options
    Emery rode the fast coaster for the first time yesterday!!! I was nervous. She is so not 35" but she made it with the crocs! She also loved it. You have to come to Cali and do Disney here. I demand it. And then I will force my way onto your trip like I did with @mckinky! Lol.

Glad you guys had fun! I love Disneyland way too much.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Married: 5/21/05 **~** Emery Aylin 6/30/12

BFP#1-11/5/10- Surgery for ectopic pregnancy 11/15/10 BFP#2-11/1/11 Due 7/8/12 Born 6/30/12
    Oops we did it again... BFP 03/23/14 Due 12/6/14 Nora Born 11/23/14
  • Options
    nesenotes said:
    Emery rode the fast coaster for the first time yesterday!!! I was nervous. She is so not 35" but she made it with the crocs! She also loved it. You have to come to Cali and do Disney here. I demand it. And then I will force my way onto your trip like I did with @mckinky! Lol. Glad you guys had fun! I love Disneyland way too much.

I'm glad she loved it! I have to wonder how many kids that young ever get to ride that ride. Can't be many! Oh, the joys of being tall. I was always the child pitching a fit /crying because I was too short until like 12 for most rollercoasters.

And K and I would LOOOOOVE to go to the parks with you and little miss Emery, but lets face it. Disney World > Disneyland. I think you need to make the trek to FL. ;)

• Options
    I love the idea of a Disney World GTG! That would be such a blast.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    No way! Disneyland + California Adventure = best combo ever. The fun thing about Disneyland is its a condensed version of Disneyworld. So it's everything in one park. But we can agree to disagree ;)

@wmel13 I'm going to just give in and get the pass already. We should have a Disney gtg one of these days.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Married: 5/21/05 **~** Emery Aylin 6/30/12

BFP#1-11/5/10- Surgery for ectopic pregnancy 11/15/10 BFP#2-11/1/11 Due 7/8/12 Born 6/30/12
    Oops we did it again... BFP 03/23/14 Due 12/6/14 Nora Born 11/23/14
  • Options
    Great tips @lewispm!  Glad you had a good time!  Maybe one day I will have the courage to fly with LO.

@Nesenotes and @wmel13, we try to go every other week in the evening and it's been pretty good.  We love our passes and if you are only going to stay a few hours, just park in Downtown Disney parking.  The gates are wide open most of the time!

We finally saw Mickey and took our picture with him, but Chloe cried!  She was fine until one of the helpers tried to touch her.
    Visit The Nest
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"