Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Introduction (Finally)

Ok, so I'm not actually "new", I've been a member since September 2011, but I'm just now have the courage to write this little story. I haven't even been on here since I had my miscarriage, which was roughly two years ago. I'll try not to make my story too long...

It was May 24, 2012 and I had been feeling off for a few days already, very crampy and light bleeding. I decided to leave jury duty and fly over to a bigger hospital (I live on a small island in Alaska). They fit me in right away which was wonderful, but I did not recieve wonderful news during the ultrasound. I had seen my tiny bundle of joy just a week earlier, and there was even a heartbeat! This time I looked at the screen and I didn't need the OB to tell me something was wrong. My baby's heart was no longer beating... My heart sank to depths I didn't even know existed. My baby was supposed to measure about 8 wks, but only measured 6 wks 5days. I started bleeding heavily later that day, and was able to miscarry naturally, but it was the most terrible experience. I think the worst part was knowing I was losing my baby and there was absolutely nothing I could do to stop it. 

Now I'm almost 22 (I was 19 at the time), and I still have bad days now and again but I'm doing much better. I try to look at it as something that made me stronger, much stronger.
I salute all you ladies that have had to bear this pain.
Thank you for reading my story, and I hope you all have a good day!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Introduction (Finally)

• I'm sorry for your loss. I'm glad you're doing better now.
    Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.
  • (((Hugs))) I'm so sorry for your loss but I'm glad you posted your story.

PG#1 - 3rd cycle BFP. Team Green. HELLP syndrome @ 34 weeks.
    Later diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, possible link to HELLP.

PG#2 M/C 3/14 - Surprise BFP 2/13. Beta's doubled every 52 hours from 3w5d-5w5d
    Viable pregnancy scan at 5w5d; 2nd u/s showed 2 days of growth in 7 but a HB of 120
    3rd u/s on 3/10/14 had no HB and baby had only grown 7 days over 14
    D&C 3/17/14 - complications - DX Retroflexed uterus, multiple tears to cervix

All Welcome

Chart

• Loading the player...
  • I am so sorry for your loss, thank you for sharing your story with us.
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers        Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Oct Angel*BFP 1/25/14 * EDD 10/6/14 * US#1 2/26/14 *US#2 3/3/14 no heartbeat*d&c 3/12/14*

BFP 1/17/15 * EDD 9/30/15

• I'm sorry for you loss. I know it's hard to open up about your losses. I myself only just introduced and told my story today, too. Thank you for sharing your story ((hugs))

....................................................................................................................................... 

Big Sister Piper

Born at 37 weeks, strong NICU survivor

Friday, November 13th, 2009, 7:17 AM

Baby Brother Link

Born sleeping at 19 weeks with Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus

Sunday, March 2nd, 2014, 7:27 PM

.......................................................................................................................................

• *ticker warning*

I'm so sorry for your loss. My miscarriage was a similar experience and I know how rough it is to see a heartbeat one day and then it just be gone. I am here to talk or support you if you need anything! Hugs!

BFP #1: 05/2012 DS born 12/30/12

BFP #2: 02/2014 Natural M/C 03/2014 @ 7 weeks

BFP #3: 06/2014 EDD: 02/17/2015 M/C @ 7w2d, D&E 7/15/14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"