1st Trimester

Pregnant - but no symptoms... Yay?

So here's a new one: I don't feel pregnant :(  I just found out I was pregnant a week ago and time is just crawling by! My first appointment is on Feb 10th and I cannot wait! The funny thing is that I expected to feel different or have some symptoms pop up by now, but there's just nothing. I feel completely normal. No nausea, frequent urination, sensitivity to smell, or cravings. Those who know about my news tell me I should be grateful because I won't be saying this down the road. But it's just making me stay in shock! I'm waiting to get over this surreal thing that is happening to me and zero signs of pregnancy (besides the skipped period and positive HPTs) is not helping! 

This is my first if you can't tell, so wondering if anyone else's first 6 weeks were smooth sailing? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimage

Re: Pregnant - but no symptoms... Yay?

• I have had hardley any for my entire 15 weeks. I would get MILD nausea off and on, but never sick. Nothing else except being more tired! It seems we are a select few. so enjoy! But i know how you cant help but worry. I have done it constantly as well!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I'm almost 4 weeks and all I feel is tender boobs and extreme fatigue. Consider yourself lucky, because they may come down the road! :) but I know what you mean. I don't feel pregnant at all. But the pee sticks tell me otherwise. :)

*January Siggy Challenge - Snow Fails*

imageimageimage

• Loading the player...
  • These responses were very reassuring! Thanks everyone! I guess I will just have to enjoy it for now. 

imageimage
  • I'm 10 weeks and have had hardly any symptoms as well. It worries me a bit, especially since I don't see my dr until 12 weeks and I can't wait for that reassurance that everything is ok. Sometimes symptoms don't come around until later, but try to enjoy feeling great while you can!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I just posted something like this! I'm 5 weeks and don't really feel anything...mild cramping, only on one side...and I felt a little nauseous after a big meal twice last week, but that's basically it. I *think* I can smell more than usual, but I'm not sure. I also *thought* I had that metallic taste in my mouth this morning, but it went away after a few minutes. Yay? I would almost say I want more symptoms, if only for the reassurance! I pray if I do get them, though, that they will stay mild!

Keep in touch! I'm due right around the same time as you!
  • I know how you feel, it's like you want the symptoms to prove to yourself that the baby is okay or something.  I am 5 and 1/2 weeks and have heard that you don't get morning sickness until week 8 so I'm holding onto that.  I've been tired lately like I need to nap before I put away the groceries, but i'm not tired all the time. 

Also TMI but I read that a light white discharge is a symptom so that's my only symptom.  Everyday I check for blood when I go to the bathroom so that's kind of my reassurance that everything is okay. 

• I was right at 7 weeks before I felt ANYTHING.
    Mrs. H
    Crohn's Dx: August 2008
    Endometriosis Dx: May 2010
    Married: 05/19/2012
    TTC #1: June 2013
    BFP: December 2013
    DS: Born 08/29/2014
    TTC #2: July 2015

BFP #2: September 25, 2015

• I haven't had any pregnancy symptoms and I am close to 10 weeks along. Anytime I tell my dr they are saying how great it is that I feel so good(although at my first appointment at 6 week they told me around 8 weeks is probably when I'll start experiencing them). At close to 10 weeks I guess I am starting to have acid reflux again though and I've had mild cramping and stretching around 8 weeks. But no dizziness, super smell, nausea, ect.
    IAmPregnant Ticker}
  • I was like that until 6 and a half weeks.... then barfed 11 times in one day. Be happy that you're feeling good.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I was like that too...I miss those days.  The last few weeks I have been nauseous off and on almost every day and last night I woke up not feeling good and threw up for the first time.  My poor DH, he was an angel.  He got up and helped clean everything up.  I'm ready to go back to no symptom days.
    Missing our Little Pumpkin BFP 2-19-09, MC 3-1-09 Mommy and Daddy miss you and love you so very much! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I don't have any symptoms, either. I'm about 8 weeks. Everyone tells me to enjoy it while it lasts haha
  • Be careful for what you ask/wish for! Being sick and hovering over a toilet 24/7 (seems like) is no fun!
  • This is not "a new one" it's perfectly normal and asked on here a million times a week... Enjoy your lack of symptoms while you can!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • With my last pregnancy. I had no symptoms the first few weeks.  Around week 5 I had some nipple sensitivity.  At 6.5 weeks the nausea started.  I'm 5 weeks now and have nothing again.  But I know many women had nothing the whole time except the growing belly - which doesn't start till much later.  You may be lucky. 

Either way - I suggest you eat your super foods now just in case.  I felt very worried for my baby on days where I couldn't eat much more than baked potatos and mac-n-cheese.   And the prenatial vitamins made me so sick, I started taking just a regular multi-vitamin (But she's wonderfully healthy now anyway!)
  • NLewis1 said:

I was right at 7 weeks before I felt ANYTHING.

Exactly this...
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am 7wks 4d and it's my first pregnancy. I am not having any preg symptoms either and a little worried because I've had 2 miscarriages before, 1st@ 6wks and 2nd@10wks. I am very nervous and try to reassure myself everything is going to be ok but I just can't help but keep thinking about if something is wrong. I have to wait 3 more wks until my appt to see if everything is fine and to see if we can hear the heartbeat. I hope everything goes good. *Praying*
  • I feel so much better after reading these posts.  I has extremely hungry and tired during week 5 with some cramping and now all of a sudden I have no symptoms except fatigue. I am so nervous and cant wait for my appt tomorrow.  With my last pregnancy I had crazy m/s and it ended in a mc so maybe this is a sign that this will be ok. I am glad others are not having symptoms too makes me feel so much better.

My FurBaby Dexter 4/13
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC since 07/12
    MC - 03/13
    BFP - 2/9/14 EDD 10/17/14
  • Yep...I have had very little symptoms the entire time.  Ive had some cramping and back pain...and have felt queasy once or twice.  However most days I feel completly myself.

Its hard not to be worried about it.  I know I have been on and off the whole time.  I was petrified for my 1st ultra sound because I just thought that nothing would be there.  But low and behold I had a baby measuring on time 8 weeks with a heart beat of 140.

So now Im just trying to be greatful that Ive felt pretty good for the most part of these 8+ weeks.  I hear it can change in a day!
    DH and I Married 11.12.10
    First BPP 1.24.14
    EDD 9.26.14

Baby Cooper John born on 9.24.14 6lbs9oz

• I'm glad there are others out there too. I don't want to rub in the fact that I'm not having any symptoms, because I know some moms out there would love to experience that. :)

I think I've hit 8 weeks now and still no m/s or frequent bathroom trips, or sore boobs! I do have my moments of queasiness but that is usually because my stomach is empty. Fatigue might be a little more than usual, but it hasn't been so bad that I had to give in to sleep. 

My Dr. said it can climax around 10 weeks, so I'm still holding out for the worst!!

imageimage
  • Same here. Only thing I have is extreme fatigue. It won't feel real to me until I feel movement or see a bump.
  • I've been going throught the same thing.  I have been very tired at time and nauseas because of stress but other than that, I wouldnt believe i was pregnant.  If I didnt see the baby during the ultrasound I would not believe it.  It could be early signs of you having a boy ;-) thats what im hoping for.
  • k1911k1911 member
    I'm like 2 weeks preg and yesterday I was EXTREMELY hungry...like nothing would satisfy me. I got up twice in the night to eat and it was like I ate nothing at all. I ate two lunches lol. Today I am fine and don't feel pregnant AT ALL. The "tugging" in my uterus isn't there, my boobs don't really hurt that much, wth??  
  • I have morning sickness almost every day. and usually feel very queezy all day. Today I have not actually gotten sick, I think this is ok? I hope so I am 9 weeks and 3 days. I have a Doppler so I have heard its heart beat and it sounds really good, about 174 bpm. I still feel queezy and certain smells bother me. maybe a day without getting sick doesn't mean anything bad?

1ST BABY GIRL BORN OCTOBER 22, 2014

STM DUE MAY 16 2016!!

• I have morning sickness almost every day. and usually feel very queezy all day. Today I have not actually gotten sick, I think this is ok? I hope so I am 9 weeks and 3 days. I have a Doppler so I have heard its heart beat and it sounds really good, about 174 bpm. I still feel queezy and certain smells bother me. maybe a day without getting sick doesn't mean anything bad?
    Yes, that's okay. Many women don't vomit.
  • Peregrine14Peregrine14 member
    edited March 2014
    I'm 10 weeks and have had very little in the way of morning sickness.  I've felt a tiny bit queasy off and on but no vomiting.  I was worried (am 38) and don't have a drs apt til week 12, so I decided to go to a private clinic and get an ultrasound for peace of mind.  Everything seems good!  Its not cheap (£99), but worth it to let me enjoy my lack of sickness and not freak out for the next 2.5 weeks.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • That's perfectly normal. I didn't show a lot of symptoms right away either, but now I'm 11 weeks and have morning sickness, super smell, the whole nine yards. Just give it a little more time, and you'll feel it.
  • I am almost into my second tri and still haven't thrown up. I am considering myself one of the lucky ones. I do not frequent the bathroom, my sense of smell hasn't changed, and I only experience temporary nausea. 

OWT says that either my baby will make up for all of this once October arrives, or my second pregnancy will be complete opposite and I'll throw up the entire 40 weeks. :(

imageimage
  • I just want to say thanks for this thread, ladies.  I'm just over 5 weeks.  Last week I felt several symptoms (sore swollen breasts, cramping, bloating, gassy, mild nausea, ...), but the last couple days, I haven't felt much at all, except tired, and I can't tell if that's just because I'm cutting down the caffeine!  ;)  Went to the OB a few days ago, and she says everything looks healthy and normal, but this is my first pregnancy, so you know...  I'll be worried until my follow-up next week, and I'll find new reasons to worry after that.  :P  Anyway, it's reassuring to hear so many others have on & off symptoms as well.  Let's just be thankful we're not constantly vomiting (er..  so far...), like so many other moms.  :)  Stay healthy, and happy gestating, Everyone!
  • I am 5 weeks pregnant and besides really sore breasts and occasional, mild, fleeting nausea, I too feel nothing more.  Early on I was really bloated but that seems to have subsided.  I almost wish I could experience the symptoms so that I know everything is normal but I guess normal varies for everyone :) 
  • I never had one symptom the first 6 weeks of my pregnancy.  Then hyperemesis hit me and I was sick as a dog and couldn't hold any food or water down without medication until I delivered.  Be thankful for these early days.  You never know what might happen. 

Note: Pregnancy was awful for me.  Hated every minute of it, but I know my situation was not the norm.   

• I find myself tired.  I pee a lot more.  Some cramping. But other than that, I'm peachy!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"