January 2013 Moms
Options

Colic

Did any of you moms deal with colic? My new little guy cries a lot. At least 2 hours every night, sometimes more and during the day off and on. It's more than I remember DS1 crying. I'm thinking about trying the chiropractor next week if things don't get better. He has gotten worse the past week. Did anything help your LOs?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Colic

• Options
    DS had colic. It started the day before he turned 2 weeks old and got better around 7 weeks. He cried every night for hours. One night he cried for nearly 6 hours. Nothing helped. We both just cried through it.

• Options
    DS had colic, cried about 85% of the time from 2-8 weeks.  Here are some things that helped:
    --Chiropractor
    --Prevacid
    --Getting in a full warm tub with him.
    --Wearing him and walking on a treadmill
    --Colic Calm plus  (It has charcoal in it, so be prepared if it gets spit up)
    --Baby wear baby wear baby wear
    Baby Boy born on 1/14/13
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sydney had colic that peaked around the 3 week mark. We used colic calm, tried gas drops, my ped suggested we put her on a probiotic too. Eventually it all went away with hours of holding her and rocking at night, hang in there it will get better.
  • Options

both of my kids had it.  make sure to mention it to the doctor and look for signs of silent reflux, sometimes that can cause it and prevacid will help.

I read online to try Cherry Mylanta (and it has to be the cherry flavor) so I gave that to DD sometimes in the evening.  I think it helped, but there were still bad nights so I'm not sure :)  Hang in there, it gets better soon!

William born 9/7/07
    Violet Mae born 1/15/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Yeah, we had colic and silent reflux.  It was awful and once we finally figured it all out she was a whole different baby.  Does he arch his back or pull away when eating?  DD would pull off the boob and arch and cry or after a feeding just bawl.  She also had witching hours in the evening.  Prevacid was a savior. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"