Pregnant after 35

How far along were you when you delivered?

I was wondering, the mommies who have already had babies, how far along were you when you delivered?  If it was earlier than due date, how early and what type of care did baby need?  I am 31 weeks and my OB said he is optimistic that I could make it to 39 weeks before c-section but due to my issues to be prepared for earlier.  I was just wondering what may be in store for us. 

BabyFruit Ticker

image     image

Re: How far along were you when you delivered?

• as this board is directed to those of us still pg you may want to go to parentingafter35 and/or birth month boards

• DS was born at 38w exactly. He needed no additional interventions.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • 10 days prior to due date, and she was absolutely perfect. So 38.5 weeks.
  • SurpriseAt39SurpriseAt39 member
    edited February 2014
    DS was born at 41 weeks.

This LO will be born before 40 weeks or less as per my hospital's policy.
  • DD1 induced at 41 weeks (ended in cs), DD2 via scheduled cs at 39 weeks.

photo b56c04be-4eeb-442e-afb5-397708ea1118.jpg

• My DD was born at 41w exactly (no induction but a c/s due to fetal distress when pushing).

AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I had my last child at 35 weeks .. I have preterm labor and dr expected my baby to have problems and she was born at 5lb 6oz and was completely healthy with this baby I take p17 shots weekly and dr hopes I can carry baby to term 
  • My baby was born at 36 weeks.  I had to be induced, due to the severe onset of pre eclampsia.  I also had to have a c section.  But we are fine now!  :)
  • My baby didn't want to come out (: he was born at 43 1/2 weeks along
  • My baby was born at 41w2d. Was not induced and think doctors who want to induce solely because of AMA are silly. If there's a true medical reason, that's another thing, but being old is not a problem in and of itself.
    Over-40 parents...what we lack in vigor, we make up for with cunning.
  • QOTRQOTR member
    Nice to see you @danuli8!
    Me-41, Hubby-40.
    1st BFP-8/17/12!  Missed Miscarriage discovered @ 8 week US.  D&C.
    2nd BFP-2/13/13!  Blighted Ovum discovered @ 8 week US. Natural miscarriage.
    3rd BFP-5/22/13!  By early June, progesterone plummeting.  Another loss.
    August 2013 - started Donor Egg process, but surprise BFP with my own eggs.
    Dear Son born 5/28/14
  • @QOTR, good to see you too! So glad to see you so far along!! Congratulations!!
    Over-40 parents...what we lack in vigor, we make up for with cunning.
  • Let's see my first 44 wks, then 42, then 41, wondering when this girl will come as I'm MUCH older now! :)  Thinking I will make it to at least 40 though. 
  • @mjshell...44 weeks? Holy cow! Bless you! I hope you deliver at 40 this time!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Well, I was asking this question because we thought I might go early and we were right.  I was hoping to make it to at least 36 weeks, but that wasn't in the cards.  I had 8 fibroid tumors, placenta previa, and on the night of February 24th I went into labor with hemorraghing.  They were able to get it under control but on February 25th they saw it was an abrubtion, and not just bleeding from the previa or fibroids.  At 10:59 the morning of the 25th my beautiful son was delivered at 32 weeks and 5 days.  As I type this, we are in our hospital's NICU rooming in room.  This is our first full night to stay with our son.  We are caring for him tonight so we can get the all clear to take him home tomorrow :)  By the time we leave tomorrow, it will be 1 day shy of 3 weeks in the NICU.  Over all, he has done really well, just some issues with learning the suck, suck, swallow, breathe of eating.  He has mastered it now and we are looking forward to taking our little family home :)

BabyFruit Ticker

image     image

• QOTRQOTR member
    Oh wow!   Congratulations on your little boy.   I know you will have a very happy homecoming.  I hope things continue to go well with him.
    Me-41, Hubby-40.
    1st BFP-8/17/12!  Missed Miscarriage discovered @ 8 week US.  D&C.
    2nd BFP-2/13/13!  Blighted Ovum discovered @ 8 week US. Natural miscarriage.
    3rd BFP-5/22/13!  By early June, progesterone plummeting.  Another loss.
    August 2013 - started Donor Egg process, but surprise BFP with my own eggs.
    Dear Son born 5/28/14
  • Great news on getting to go home soon! Congrats!!

Pregnancy Ticker

• DTNZ4Ever said:

DS was born at 38w exactly. He needed no additional interventions.

DS2 was born at 38w 2d.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My little girl was born 6 days after my due date and my little boy was born 7 days after my due date.  I am estimating this little one will be born 8 days after my due date...but really, I have no idea.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I've had 2 babies when I was over 35.  Labor had to be induced in both pregnancies - one at 41 weeks and the other on my due date.  No other significant complications; avoided a C section both times.  2 healthy baby boys.  Good luck to you!
  • @rascus15 - Congrats on your little boy! Are you home with him now? How's it going?

Sending you lots of good thoughts! :)

CafeMom Tickers

January PAL siggie challenge; Good advice:

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"