Secondary IF

`*`*` GTKY& YK(s) Friday `*`*`

Good Morning/Afternoon All!  
Happy Friday, we made it through another week! Hope everyone is doing well, and has a great weekend!  
Since we had a couple random GTKY's last night, here is a couple questions for this Friday edition. 

1) Do you wear contacts, glasses or neither? 
2) What is your favorite type of movie? Horror, Love, Adventure/Action?
3) What was the last movie you watched? 
----------------------------
1) Does your child(ren) wear glasses? If too young do you believe they will need glasses?
2) Does your child(ren) when watching TV prefer daily/weekly cartoons, or do they request to watch cartoon movies?

What are your plans for the weekend! 

Re: `*`*` GTKY& YK(s) Friday `*`*`

• 1) Do you wear contacts, glasses or neither?  Neither, I had lasik done
    2) What is your favorite type of movie? Horror, Love, Adventure/Action?  Horror & Action
    3) What was the last movie you watched?  I think it was Silver Linings Playbook.
    1) Does your child(ren) wear glasses? If too young do you believe they will need glasses? He wears glasses.  He was going to make the transition to contacts this year and then after Bob Costas had eye infections/pink eyes during the Olympics and it was reported it was because of his contacts he changed his mind.
    2) Does your child(ren) when watching TV prefer daily/weekly cartoons, or do they request to watch cartoon movies? He doesn't watch TV very much.  
    What are your plans for the weekend! Doing things around the house, and going to my little cousins wedding!  I <3 weddings. 

• 1.) I wear contacts mostly but I do occasionally wear a pair of really cool thick framed purple glasses on "bad days"

2.) I love a movie that has a little bit of everything.

3.) Catching Fire- tonight I'm going to go see divergent with KU BFF.

4.) No glasses yet for little man but I'm sure he'll need them eventually.

5.) he watches cartoons in the morning and evenings. His favorite shows are Mickey Mouse, sherrif Callie's Wild West, and Octonauts

6.) divergent tonight and then tomorrow I'm having Easter pics of my son done with live bunnies and chicks.

Me: 27 DH: 33
    Married 6 years
    Conceived DS after 4 years of MFI

TTC # 2 (not trying,not preventing ever)
    May 2013 - August 2013 Timed Intercourse = BFN
    September 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs=BFN
    October 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs, and "warming foods" = BFP
    Beta #1 19, Beta #2 18 Progesterone 4.6 Miscarried 11/9/13
    November 2013 - Benched, waiting for first post-loss AF.
    No longer benched per New RE/OB!
    Jan. 15 2014 - BFP. HCG 3900 - Ectopic :( 
    Jan. 16 2014 Left tube removed and D&C
    March 2, 2014 First AF

• Loading the player...
  • I wear contacts!
    Comedies
    Iron Man 3
    No glasses yet- maybe one day
    Mickey in the morning, one or two other shorties through day
    Weekend- B&B get away and winery visit with dinner out. Last outing before monitoring next week! Hopefully last one for awhile!!!
    January 2007- Stop BCP! Let's DO this!
    June 2010- MFI. BS. IVF! Ectopic. BS. image

November 2010- FAILED FET! BS!
    January 2011- BFP FET! TWINS!
    February 2011- lost twin. BS. image

SEPTEMBER 2011- DD Born! Most awesome girl in the world!

November 2013- FAILED FET! BS! (screw you November FETs)
    April Fresh Cycle, FAILED. Frozen embryos frozen for future FETs.
    FROZEN CYCLE JUNE! BFP
    BABY BOY VINCENT!

We can't wait to meet you!
    Conception:image
    imageimage Potato Love!

BabyFruit Ticker

• 1. I'm supposed to wear glasses but I can't stand them so I rarely do....not the best influence.
    2. I like action and comedy.
    3. We are the Millers. I can't believe I haven't watched Catching Fire yet!

1. My 6 yr old DD has worn glasses for a year.
    2. She likes both.

We are working on our garage and garden this weekend and finishing our adoption profile.
    Carly
    (Former UN: iloveshanej)

Birdie born 05/01/2007
    Rainbow Surprise Baby due 05/26/2017                                          

Potato Launcher

• 1. Neither.
    2. I used to love Horror, but I can't stand them anymore. Now, I like action films.
    3. How to Train Your Dragon. DW and DSD both hate it, since its so different from the books, but DD and I love it!

1. DSD had to wear glasses when she was really little because she had a lazy eye, but she doesn't need them now. Just though family eye history, I don't think DD will need them, but you never know.
    2. DSD is a bit old for cartoon and DD is freaked out by them, so again, neither.

As for weekend plans, DW has been offered a job up in Aberdeen so she's going for an informal interview on Saturday. Then we're going to Dunnottar Castle on Sunday. 

Children Mentioned!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Assisted Conception tickers
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • 1) Do you wear contacts, glasses or neither?  I wear contacts for funsies, I NEED glasses. I keep putting it off.. ugh 
    2) What is your favorite type of movie? Horror, Love, Adventure/Action? Drama or horror
    3) What was the last movie you watched?  I'm watching a movie about snails right now, called Turbo??  X_X
    1) Does your child(ren) wear glasses? If too young do you believe they will need glasses? She might, H has terrible eyes. I guess we'll see. 
    2) Does your child(ren) when watching TV prefer daily/weekly cartoons, or do they request to watch cartoon movies? She asks to watch Free Birds all.day.long. FML 

What are your plans for the weekend!  Went to bouncy land today, tomorrow is bday party for her little cousin, then Idk 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • 1) Do you wear contacts, glasses or neither? Glasses (contacts in the pool or if I am getting fancy)
    2) What is your favorite type of movie? Horror, Love, Adventure/Action?  Love
    3) What was the last movie you watched? Dallas Buyers Club
    1) Does your child(ren) wear glasses? If too young do you believe they will need glasses?  Not yet but I'm sure he will someday
    2) Does your child(ren) when watching TV prefer daily/weekly cartoons, or do they request to watch cartoon movies? Cartoons-Disney Jr, Nick Jr or Sprout

What are your plans for the weekend!
    Staying home with my sick boy for the 6th day in a row tomorrow!!  Sun I have a bridal shower.
  • 1. I wear contacts.  I had a lazy eye growing up that I had surgery to correct and while it's not visible any more, I still have very weak vision in my left eye.  

2. I like most movies.  I love going to the theater and the genre depends on my mood.  But I do love a movie that makes you think that you want to solve as you watch, a good whodunnit.  I also love a good heist movie, I love the Ocean's movies.

3. Today on my ride down to San Diego and back, I listened to Frozen three times while the kids in the back watched it.  I mean, I loved Frozen, but three times was more than enough for me.

____

1. DS doesn't, too young for now.  I doubt he'll need to.  I'm the only one in mine or DH's family that needs 'em.

2. At 14 months, we don't really let DS have too much screen time, so the tv is usually off.  I have put on a cartoon movie now and then and he usually will watch along for a few minutes before losing interest.  I wish he liked it more so I could use it as a babysitter on occasion.

No plans. Or rather, plans to do nothing. We need some rest and we need some family time.

Happily Mrs. C 
    image  image

image Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    start ttc #1 in Jan 2009
    dx PCOS in May 2010, begin metformin
    Two failed clomid cycles (made lining too thin)
    Started acupuncture while saving for IVF in Sept 2011
    Add herbal infusions to the mix in Dec 2011
    Hoping holistic approach works!!!

BFP on April 2012 at 11dpo
    Meepy Man born on Jan 2013 - Hip Hip Hurray!

Ready to start ttc #2 April 2013, but plan to be an extended BF'er
    Back on metformin Aug 2013
    Restart herbal infusions Sept 2013 - currently drinking nettle, oatstraw, and red raspberry leaf
    DS weaned in April 2014
    Taking a break from herbs and just riding the healthy train.  
    Planning medicated cycle end of summer.  FX I get KU before then!!!
  • I wear glasses most of the time and contacts when I swim or work out.

I like comedies, or sometimes I'm in the mood for scary movies if DH is around.

Last night I watched some of The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe. I love the Narnia series! The last full movie I watched was Hide and Seek with Robert Deniro and Dakota Fanning. It wasn't very good.

DS doesn't wear glasses, but he'll probably need to. Everyone in DHs family has them, although I'm the only one in my family who does.

DS likes a combo. He's a Disney kid. Movies and Disney Jr. We try to limit screen time, but there are days when we know he's completely checked out from the real world (after a hard day, especially) and we let him retreat into his world of toys and movies because we know he just can't interact with us for some reason, no matter how hard we push.

Plans = cleaning, soccer, swimming, and grocery shipping. Same old, same old.
  • I wear contacts the mass majority of the time, but I also have a pair of really nice glasses I wear on occasion.
    Me and DD #1 and DW watch silly teenage chick flicks all the time after DD #2 is in bed, so I guess my favourites are love stories? I like a lot of things actually.
    We all watched Brave this morning. It's the only Princess film DD #1 likes (unless you include Pocahontas and Mulan) and DD #2 loves it. It makes me cry.

DD #1 wears contacts, and DD #2 is going for an eye test tomorrow, so She'll probably come back needing them.
    DD #2 watches cartoon network a lot, so it's a little bit of a mix. DD#1 liked movies when she was little.

Plans? Nothing from the normal really.
    Older children warning!

TTC #1 with XH January 1997 - May 1997
    BFP TTC #1 May 1997
    Mathilda Winifred "Tilde" born 3 February 1998
    Moved in with DW November 2003
    TTC #2 with DW (IUI with DS) (DW carrying) May 2005 - December 2005
    TTC #2 with DW (IVF with DS)  (DW carrying) January 2006 - May 2006
    BFP TTC #2 May 2006
    Nova Kathrine born 9 November 2006
    Nova finally became legally mine 1 January 2009
    Married DW 2 January 2009
    TTC #3 with DW (Surrogacy with DS) February 2013 - January 2014
    TTC #3 with DW (Surrogacy with DE) March 2014 - ????
  • I wear contacts 99% of the time. Most days I don't even wear my glasses. They're annoying.

I like a wide range of movies. Comedies are my favorite.

We actually got a babysitter last weekend and went to see Non Stop. The movie theater we went too was awesome, it served dinner and drinks during the movie! Best invention ever.

Yes I think DD will eventually need glasses. Both of our eyes are terrible.

She does not watch tv. She is not interested in anything. I've tried. Not even Elmo.

Today we went to a huge mom to mom sale. Bust. Then to my IL to help babysit niece with MIL. Grocery shopping and just woke up from a nice long nap. Tomorrow over to a friends house.

TTC for 1.5 years with a crappy RE. 12 cycles with clomid (11 too many)
    New RE, 3 failed IUI's moving to IVF with ICSI
    IVF#1 BFP EDD 1/10/13
    Beta#1 51  Beta #2 148
    A/S 8/20/13 Team Pink
    Induced week 39 due to severe GD
    Baby girl born 1/4/13

TTC #2 2 failed IUI's moving on to FET 3/2014
    ET 3/25 
    Beta #1 127
    Beta #2 845
    U/s 4/22 It's TWINS!!
    Team Purple!!

• 1) Contacts.
    2) Romantic Comedy.
    3) I truly don't know. 
    1) Not yet, but my husband and I both have exceptionally bad vision so we'll see.
    2) We've never put a DVD on for her so she only knows PBS - makes it easy - she just watches what's on at the time she's watching.

Today we saw Peter Pan Jr. (so cute!), tomorrow the playground - spring is here!!

TTC #2 since April 2012

Year 1 - nothing

Year 2 - two m/c

Year 3 - unexplained diagnosis & 4 failed IUIs with Clomid/Letrozole

Year 4 - still unexplained & 3 failed IUIs with Follistim & Ovidral

Year 5 - trying on our own

• 1. Mostly glasses, but contacts when I'm feeling like making an effort.
    2. Definitely comdies
    3. Last Vegas which was actually pretty good.

1. Hopefully DS won't need glasses
    2. He was sick all week and he was so miserable that I let him watch movies all week so we are weaning back to a normal amount now.
    3. Right now I'm wallowing and then I intend to pull myself together and go to my great aunts 91st birthday party

TTC#1 May 2009- July 2010 on our own with no luck

Started with RE in August 2010, dx with unexplained IF and then finally our 3rd IUI cycle using Follistim and Trigger resulted in our wonderful little man.  Born 12/2/11

TTC#2 Never really prevented, but were careful early on as Dr. reccomended

Surprise BFP 12/16/13, started progesterone immediately as first numbers came back low, but betas were good.  Progesterone wasnt enough. Natural MC 12/24/13.

Back with RE as of January 2014...

5/27/14- Chemical Pregnancy :(

April 2015 IVF#1

5/13/15- BFP, please stick LO!

Oh and I'm a major Harry Potter Nerd :)

Silly mugglesimage

• edited March 2014
    1) Blind as a bad and astigmatism is too bad for contacts so glasses all the way
    2) Comedies (ala Coen brothers)
    3) Turbo
    1) DD no glasses yet but with her DNA it's only a matter of time
    2) Little of both, mostly Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood

What are your plans for the weekend! Saturday we had a big anniversary party for my parents and right now everyone is napping but me!

TTC #2 since 1/1/13

image    imageimage
  • AprilDrew04AprilDrew04 member
    edited March 2014
    1) Do you wear contacts, glasses or neither? - mostly I wear contacts, but have glasses for an occasion day off.

2) What is your favorite type of movie? Horror, Love, Adventure/Action? - I am all about the romantic comedies! but am into any of the comic book movies too.

3) What was the last movie you watched? - Barbie, The Pearl Princess, and last night we watched the new Thor movie.
    1) Does your child(ren) wear glasses? If too young do you believe they will need glasses? - Not yet but she'll probably need them eventually.

2) Does your child(ren) when watching TV prefer daily/weekly cartoons, or do they request to watch cartoon movies? - We pretty much watch Netflix all the time and she is spoiled in that she can pick whatever she wants, so both.

What are your plans for the weekend! - Finally got to have out date night Friday and went to a Quiz Night fundraiser with some friends.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

DD conceived after 3 years of ttc.
    MFI - DH had varicocele repair and took Clomid to get DD b. 02/2010

TTC #2 since 6/2010
    10/2012 DH diagnosed with Epilepsy
    A few failed IUIs summer 2012 and 2013. 
    DH taking clomid and waiting to see if he needs another vericocele repair. 
    Hoping for a 2015 baby or babies. 
    Wishing, hoping, waiting.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"