Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Did anyone get hcg quants after d&c?

Just curious.  My hcg is hovering around 25 right now, but my OB doesn't want to do any more quants before everything is progressing well she said.  Does anyone know how long it takes to drop from 25 to <5 based on bloodwork you've had done?  I hate not knowing!!!  TIA!

Re: Did anyone get hcg quants after d&amp;c?

• My OB didn't do BW, but I wished she did. Good luck! (((Hugs)))

PG#1 - 3rd cycle BFP. Team Green. HELLP syndrome @ 34 weeks.
    Later diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, possible link to HELLP.

PG#2 M/C 3/14 - Surprise BFP 2/13. Beta's doubled every 52 hours from 3w5d-5w5d
    Viable pregnancy scan at 5w5d; 2nd u/s showed 2 days of growth in 7 but a HB of 120
    3rd u/s on 3/10/14 had no HB and baby had only grown 7 days over 14
    D&C 3/17/14 - complications - DX Retroflexed uterus, multiple tears to cervix

All Welcome

Chart

• Last summer after my D&C it took a week to go from ~150 to negative. Everyone is different, though, so my experience isn't necessarily relevant to yours.
    Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks, EllyD14!  I know that everyone differs, but your experience is very encouraging :-)  I am anxiously awaiting AF's return, and I know it won't be too long after the hcg is out of my system!  If you don't mind my asking, how long after your hcg returned to 0 did you get your period?

• Thanks, EllyD14!  I know that everyone differs, but your experience is very encouraging :-)  I am anxiously awaiting AF's return, and I know it won't be too long after the hcg is out of my system!  If you don't mind my asking, how long after your hcg returned to 0 did you get your period?
    About 3 more weeks.
    Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.
  • I didn't know what my levels were when I had my D&C last year, but for my natural in January, I went in for an ultrasound (Jan 6) a few days after I passed the majority of tissue/clots (Jan 3) and they detected no more products of conception and my hCG was down to about 120-150. I had a follow-up appt about a week and a half later (Jan 16) and my levels were down to 7. AF came 2 weeks later on Jan 31, exactly 4 weeks after I passed everything. After my D&C, I do remember it took a little longer for AF to come (5 weeks) but I was also much farther along (9 weeks compared to 5) so my starting levels were probably much higher.
    Me: 41, DH: 42, married 2009
    BFP #1: 12/05/2012; EDD 08/09/2013; MC 01/2013 (missed, D&C)
    BFP #2: 12/19/2013; EDD 08/25/2014; MC 01/2014 (natural)
  • Thank you for sharing your experiences, ladies!  I had a natural missed m/c last year and it took 4 weeks to get my period after that episode (though baby's heartbeat had stopped about 4 weeks prior to that).  I think I'm close to my body haven gotten back to normal and it will be 4 weeks on Monday since my d&c.  Hopefully AF will follow soon after.  I just want the hope of being able to try again and the waiting game is unbearable.

• qanda2013 said:
    I was surprised that my OB didn't do bw but it's probably irrelevant at this point. Two weeks out and I still have a positive pg test, but my hcg was sky high when I had my mmc. It had only dipped by 100 points in the course of a week. Does a d&c make it drop faster? I sure hope so!
    Yes because you don't have to wait for your body to expel the PoC. When I had my D&C in Nov my levels went from around 30k the day of to about 2k one week later.
  • IhopeIhope member
    It took me 2 weeks
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"