Preemies
Options

poop question

I was just wondering if any breastfed babies have stinky poops. I ask because my son always has really big poops and they have a smell. It is not terrible but definitely not pleasent. He is strickly breasfed.  I am concerned only because some people have said that breastfed babies poops don't smell.

I am concerned because I am a cystic fibrosis carrier and my son also carries the mutation. My husband does not have the cystic fibrosis gene but there is still a small chance that my son could have cf. We have to have a sweat test done to make sure he doesn't have it but right now he is too little to sweat. I have read that a symptom of cf is foul smelling stools (i thought all poop was pretty foul) but what do I know. I am just a nervous wreck because I won't know for a while.

Does anybody else's breastfed babies poop have a stink smell?

Re: poop question

• Options
    My H thought my boys BF poops smelled horrible, but I thought they smelled a lot like buttered popcorn.
  • Options

trust me- Robbie's poop stinks. I think that whole thing is a bit of a myth.

really, compared to formula poop, BM poop isn't bad... but it sure doesn;t smell like roses.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    DS's poops smell pretty foul and he's BF. ?I have heard that the older the baby gets, the worse the poop smells, though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"