August 2012 Moms

Surgical circumcision

Did any else have a LO that needed to be re circumcised? With my DS they didnt take enough skin off so they have to put him under to redo the circumcision.  I believe someone on this board recently went though this can you help calm my nerves :) Any tips/tricks to make it easier for him
Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Surgical circumcision

• Thank you both !!
  • Yes, our son had to have his redone. I'm happy to answer any questions you have!! @incognitoNY‌
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I know I didn't start the thread but I am pretty certain Isaac will need this. When did you realize that it was like that? Was it pretty early on or after a year? And do they wait until after a year to perform the re-circ? Was there a lot of pain and bleeding associated with it? I am sorry for all of the questions, I am just curious because as I said, Isaac seems like he might be down that path. He was circ'ed, but at 7+ months his skin folds over so much he almost looks like he wasn't at all...
    imageimage
  • I know I didn't start the thread but I am pretty certain Isaac will need this. When did you realize that it was like that? Was it pretty early on or after a year? And do they wait until after a year to perform the re-circ? Was there a lot of pain and bleeding associated with it? I am sorry for all of the questions, I am just curious because as I said, Isaac seems like he might be down that path. He was circ'ed, but at 7+ months his skin folds over so much he almost looks like he wasn't at all...

This is how ANthony was, only we noticed it around a month old, we went to a peds urologist and they said he might grow out of it to come back in 6 months, that happened twice and then they said he may need it done so we didn't want to wait until he was older and might remember it so its getting done in 2 weeks he will be a little over 19 months old. they said there will be some pain that day but they will give us childrens advil  and that he should be fine the next day. They also said there may be some bleeding :( but not a lot at all

• Amjones52 said:
    Yes, our son had to have his redone. I'm happy to answer any questions you have!! @incognitoNY‌

I would love any details you can give @amjones52

• I'm in this situation! We plan on doing it in June along with ear tubes.
  • I'm sorry I'm just getting back to you- tb mobile has been acting up for me. Are you on FB? I find that a bit easier to chat through.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"