May 2012 Moms
Options

what would you do?

I have a job interview next week and it is during a day that I am supposed to do a "train the trainer" at my current full time job. I can't put in for the day off bc there is no way in hell they would approve it as they haven't replace the two previous employees that left in the last month.

What would you do:
a) Call in sick
b) Make an excuse to come into work late, only missing part of the training
c) Try to get someone else to take your place in the train the trainer session then call in sick
d) Be honest about your plans on leaving the job soon so they don't waste their time training you and you have no guilt
e) ???

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: what would you do?

• Options
    If you can't afford to be let go on the spot, don't tell them you're planning to leave. Kids are a built-in excuse to be late -- spiked a high fever overnight, had to go to the pedi, just an ear infection, on antibiotics now, so sorry. Call early in the am to let them know you're going to the pedi, then when you get there, if they ask for details, go with the ear infection story. It's common, doesn't require a lot of follow up questions.

• Options
    I agree with Elf. Telling them you are on your way out the door is a bad plan. Lying sucks but I don't see another option unless you can reschedule the interview and I don't think I would do that either.... Best of luck at the interview though! I know you have been looking for a new job for a long time!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm one of the three "super trainers" that are first being trained for electronic medical records. I honestly don't know if we are supposed to be training our peers after that or if we'd just be the first "experts" if someone is having difficulty. Really, since we are all getting trained, it doesn't matter who does this training. Unfortunately, two of the counselors left in the past month and only yesterday did someone start to fill one of the positions. Then late yesterday another counselor resigned. There are only 9 counselor positions in total. After the crazy stress of this week (clients have been really in a tizzy and the beds turn over so quickly meaning more work) I have really had it with this job. Way too much stress that I haven't been able to leave work at work; my head has been spinning so much I actually know what it feels like when some of my bipolar clients describe racing thoughts. I can't imagine being pregnant and working here. I'm done. If my husband was working full time I'd be coming in with my resignation letter today. I actually started crying yesterday as I was trying to get the silly car seat straps untwisted because my brain couldn't even focus on figuring that out. I am going to grab my director today and tell him I am so stress out that I can't do the training yet and that I have to take time off next week. If they can't figure out who they can call in to cover the workload, I'm going to have to put in my resignation.
    Thanks for letting me vent ladies and for being a shoulder for me to lean on.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"