December 2013 Moms
Options

bedtime question

How soon after the last nap does your LO go to bed?  Anya is a late napper, her long nap is is from 3-6, and I am wondering if I should be waking her up earlier.

Re: bedtime question

• Options
    Not sure if you are able to see this but babies this age should have a bedtime between 8 and 10. If your LO is getting up at 6 that's plenty of awake time before bed.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

BabyFetus Ticker

Me: 25, DH: 28
    Married: July 2012
    DS: December 2013 
    TTC #2 since July 2014 
    M/C: March 2015 
    My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    Thank you!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Wow, that chart was very interesting! Kind of surprised that even up to 3 yo, the earliest bedtime is 7-8pm.

I guess I would say follow your baby's cues. We were putting Simon down around 8-9pm and he was crabby and overtired at that point, so we bumped it up. Now I aim for 6-7pm, and so far it's working great and he still sleeps until 6-8am (with 1-2 wakings to eat). So to answer your question, I won't let him nap past 4:30 or 5pm. HTH!
  • Options
    DD's self-imposed bedtime is between 6:30-7:00. I would love if it was 7:30-8:00 but if we keep her up that extra hour she is super crabby. We don't let her nap past 4:30ish.
    imageimageimage

Sebastian: March 3, 2010

2nd Tri Angel Baby: November 2012

McKenna: December 2, 2013

• Options
    jy725jy725 member
    Sometimes LO will sleep for an hr until 6. I nurse her at 7 and she is often in bed by 8. The late nap hasn't caused a problem.

Thanks for that chart KM!
  • Options
    We are currently in 4MW hell but before she would typically sleep until 5ish then bed by 8pm. Now it is a crap shoot.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    utlawgirlutlawgirl member
    edited March 2014
    stacers33 said:
    DD's self-imposed bedtime is between 6:30-7:00. I would love if it was 7:30-8:00 but if we keep her up that extra hour she is super crabby. We don't let her nap past 4:30ish.
    This. The bedtimes in that chart look way too late to me.

That said, all babies are different, and if she's napping from 3-6, she probably doesn't need to go to bed until later. Rule of thumb at this age is 2 hours of awake time, max, but (IME) it can be slightly longer between the last nap and bedtime. DD2 is usually awake for just about 2 hours between her last nap and bed, but her awake time for the rest of the day is more like an hour to an hour and a half.

ETA: She's a short napper, though. Like I'm super-lucky to get a 50-minute nap out of her.
      norathe girlsamelia
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    That bedtime chart is way too late. DS1 started going to bed between 6-6:30 at 5 weeks. DS2 went to bed at 6:30 from the get go. Still working on getting Henry down earlier but he's going down between 7:30 and 8. More like 7:30 lately. Same time as his 5 and 7 year old brothers go to bed
  • Options
    My LO has a late nap. She gets up from that between 6:30 & 7, then goes to bed at 8:45, so she's up for around 2 hrs that last stretch.
  • Options
    That was a chart I came across when doing reading about baby sleep. I realize every baby is different. For me it is spot on. We start bedtime routines by 8 and he is ready at 9. Try any earlier and it's just a nap to him. Go any later and he's overtired. Each baby has their own natural sleep window but it could be used as an idea.

BabyFetus Ticker

Me: 25, DH: 28
    Married: July 2012
    DS: December 2013 
    TTC #2 since July 2014 
    M/C: March 2015 
    My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    DD wakes from her last nap at 5, and bedtime is 7:30.

Jill (36) Wife to Joe (36) Mom to: Alyssa (forever 10) Jacob (10) Baby Due 12/31/13 Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Yeah, I'm lucky if my baby is asleep by 11. She will be 12 weeks next Wednesday. We have tried and tried to get her down earlier but those are just naps to her. I keep hoping one day it will just click and she will be in bed by 8.
  • Options
    We start bedtime routine at 8:30pm and ds tends to be sleeping by 9:30pm. We have tried to move it up earlier but he will not sleep until 9:30 regardless and it just makes more of a fight. He will have a nap for 30min around 5-6pm.

• Options
    I can't even imagine trying to put LO to sleep before 9pm. She would not have any part of that. She usually goes down between 10 and 11 and sleeps till 4 eats and sleeps till 6ish.
  • Options
    LO is rarely awake for more than 2 hours. If she takes a late evening nap I wake her by 6ish. She's usually out by 7:30. However, the past 2 nights she woke from her last nap by 4:15/4:45. The first night she went down at 6:50(and that was pushing it!) and her siblings were crazy loud and woke her up at 8 when they were going to bed. I fed her more and she slept 8:10-4(then went back down til 6:30). Last night she woke from her last nap at 4:45 and she went down at 7,slept til 4:15, ate, went back down til 7.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My LO is 15 weeks and she sleeps from 11-11.  She has 3 short naps (20-30 minutes) and one long nap (1.5 hours).

I've tried putting her to bed earlier, but she will not have any of it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"