Cloth Diapering

non-wool dryer ball question

Has anyone tried those rubbery looking dryer balls?  Are they safe to use on prefolds/flats/WHs?  If so, do they really reduce dryer time and soften diapers?  Specifically I was looking at the Nellies b/c they are non-toxic with no chemicals.

Re: non-wool dryer ball question

• I have a couple that live in my dryer. I don't know what brand they are. I think maybe they help cut down on static electricity. I have a lousy dryer, so I think they at least help a little by just being a different thing in there to keep different items from sticking together during the dryer process. I'm planning to make wool balls someday. I just have to find cheap wool. 
  • Is there a reason you don't like/want the wool balls? I had some cheap plastic ones before hand. I htink they are louder than wool balls in the dryer.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• Loading the player...
  • We use 4 wool dryer balls and 2 nubby plastic ones... Only because we had the nubby plastic ones first (They were like $3 at TJ Maxx).  Just bought the wool ones about two months ago.  Someone told me that 6 was a good number of dryer balls to have.. so that's what we do.  :P
    image   image   image
    TTC since 2010 | 3 miscarriages | Diagnosed with stage IV endo | Adopted our little girl Aug 25, 2014

image AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • sumati said:

We use 4 wool dryer balls and 2 nubby plastic ones... Only because we had the nubby plastic ones first (They were like $3 at TJ Maxx).  Just bought the wool ones about two months ago.  Someone told me that 6 was a good number of dryer balls to have.. so that's what we do.  :P

This exactly. I could never really tell if the plastic ones did any good on their own, but I was given them as a wedding shower gift so they have just lived in my dryer.
    Married 6/18/11
    BFP #1 10/26/12 DS born 6/30/13
    BFP #2 10/30/13 MC 11/25/13
    BFP #3 1/18/14 DS #2 born 10/7/14
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image   Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I have two that I bought for a bargain…
    I think that they might help reduce some wrinkles maybe, but haven't noticed a decrease in drying time.  Not sure if it's because they're the plastic ones or because I only have two, but they remain in my dryer being used anyway…
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"