Secondary IF

Frustrated over lack of referral to surgeon.

So I met with my re for the first time feb 4. We discussed a whole bunch of everything and she agreed it was a good idea to have surgery to remove this hydro tube. She said she would send a referral to the surgeon promptly.
Fast forward two weeks to my next appointment. Hmmm seems she didn't send. No worries, she'll get it out by the end of the week.

Today? I called the re and said I still haven't heard from surgeon. And the receptionist says because the referral STILL has not been sent! Almost 3 flipping weeks later.

Im sour. I thought once I finally got in to see this RE (initial referral was sent in Oct!) I thought things would move so quickly.

Thanks for listening ladies.
Oh! And gent. :)

Re: Frustrated over lack of referral to surgeon.

• That really sucks!!! I'd be so pissed! Can the surgeon contact RE for referral by any chance? Did they have an answer why it wasn't sent the first time? I'm sorry :(
    January 2007- Stop BCP! Let's DO this!
    June 2010- MFI. BS. IVF! Ectopic. BS. image

November 2010- FAILED FET! BS!
    January 2011- BFP FET! TWINS!
    February 2011- lost twin. BS. image

SEPTEMBER 2011- DD Born! Most awesome girl in the world!

November 2013- FAILED FET! BS! (screw you November FETs)
    April Fresh Cycle, FAILED. Frozen embryos frozen for future FETs.
    FROZEN CYCLE JUNE! BFP
    BABY BOY VINCENT!

We can't wait to meet you!
    Conception:image
    imageimage Potato Love!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Is there a reason your RE isn't doing the surgery? Just wondering because my RE did mine. 

• Loading the player...
  • So sorry that you are going through this.  I would call the RE back and demand that it's sent today.  Or, go into the office and get it yourself to send out. 
    TTC #3 since 8/2012 image
    DX Endometriosis 2/2002 (lost left tube due to a cyst), PCOS
    6/2010
     BFP - 10/18/2012, EDD - 6/26/2013, Baby Girl lost at 22 weeks (T21), D&E 2/15/2013
    BFP - 4/23/2014, EDD - 1/2/2015 Twin Boys lost at 12 weeks, M/C 6/25/2014

My chart here  All ALers welcome!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    June 3Missing Our January Snowflake
  • No reason as to why... The receptionist keeps eluding that the re forgot to send it. But who know! The re I'm seeing doesn't actually perform surgeries anymore. I'd guess it's maybe a prelude to retirement? She's no spring chick ;)
    Alas, @rmpar29‌ in Canada we cannot send our own referrals. Also, I hesitate to aggravate her as she is the only RE in our entire province! Otherwise I'm back to seeing an obgyn (at this rate, I'm second guessing leaving him! He's Harvard educated and goes regularly for more courses. And even though he's 50+ I'm pretty much in love with him! Um. Obv that's because he's a great doctor :\"> )
  • Ugh bummer- hopefully she takes her pills and remembers soon ;) no excuses to not send for three weeks!!!

FROZEN CYCLE JUNE! BFP
    BABY BOY VINCENT!

imageimage Potato Love!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Well I was going to say that a Dr not doing their job would be grounds for finding a new one, but it doesn't sound like you have a lot of other options.  Can you talk to your Harvard Dr and see both at the same time for a while to decide who you want to move forward with?  Would your insurance let you two-time like that?

Happily Mrs. C 
    image  image

image Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage image
    start ttc #1 in Jan 2009
    dx PCOS in May 2010, begin metformin
    Two failed clomid cycles (made lining too thin)
    Started acupuncture while saving for IVF in Sept 2011
    Add herbal infusions to the mix in Dec 2011
    Hoping holistic approach works!!!

BFP on April 2012 at 11dpo
    Meepy Man born on Jan 2013 - Hip Hip Hurray!

Ready to start ttc #2 April 2013, but plan to be an extended BF'er
    Back on metformin Aug 2013
    Restart herbal infusions Sept 2013 - currently drinking nettle, oatstraw, and red raspberry leaf
    DS weaned in April 2014
    Taking a break from herbs and just riding the healthy train.  
    Planning medicated cycle end of summer.  FX I get KU before then!!!
  • Ugh bummer- hopefully she takes her pills and remembers soon ;) no excuses to not send for three weeks!!!

Thanks @Momarazzi‌ ! Three weeks, I'd forgive. But the she was first supposed to send it out feb 4! Now I'm getting cranky. Well not cranky, irrationally paranoid. Like maybe it is intentional. Or that because I'm younger than most patients, she's not in a rush/doesn't care about me!
  • ((Hugs)) >:D<

Me: 27 DH: 33
    Married 6 years
    Conceived DS after 4 years of MFI

TTC # 2 (not trying,not preventing ever)
    May 2013 - August 2013 Timed Intercourse = BFN
    September 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs=BFN
    October 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs, and "warming foods" = BFP
    Beta #1 19, Beta #2 18 Progesterone 4.6 Miscarried 11/9/13
    November 2013 - Benched, waiting for first post-loss AF.
    No longer benched per New RE/OB!
    Jan. 15 2014 - BFP. HCG 3900 - Ectopic :( 
    Jan. 16 2014 Left tube removed and D&C
    March 2, 2014 First AF

• Did you ever hear anything back? I sure hope they got it moving for you today!

• Any chance the on/gyn could send the referral for you? I second maybe working back and forth between them both...is that a possibility?

Sorry this is happening. I would be pretty upset too.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

DD conceived after 3 years of ttc.
    MFI - DH had varicocele repair and took Clomid to get DD b. 02/2010

TTC #2 since 6/2010
    10/2012 DH diagnosed with Epilepsy
    A few failed IUIs summer 2012 and 2013. 
    DH taking clomid and waiting to see if he needs another vericocele repair. 
    Hoping for a 2015 baby or babies. 
    Wishing, hoping, waiting.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Perhaps I'm jaded, but I would find a new RE.  If they can't complete simple paperwork, I'd be skeptical that they will be invested in your care.  I'd worry they didn't consider your chart/history before making recommendations, etc.

Your just starting this journey with an RE - get a good one!
    Trying for #2 with IVF after damage done in a D&C left me with one functioning (but too scarred) ovary and tube to get pregnant safely without assistance. It's a really, really long story, but that is the gist of it.  We have one daughter (whose c-section birth started this roller coaster) born in 2012 after a miscarriage in 2011. 
    Failed 1st attempt at IVF (Fresh ET day 3, 1 frozen embryo saved) in December 2013.  
    Failed 2nd attempt at IVF (Fresh ET day 5, 2 frozen embryos saved) in February 2014.
  • That would make me feel like shit, like i wasn't important to her as a patient. i'd be looking for a new RE, that's just me. How come your OB can't refer you?
    Me: 36, DH: 36
    DH's SA = normal
    1 tube only wonder
    AFC 3-5, AMH 0.30

BFP #1 3/29/11.  EDD 12/4/11... Missed m/c 5/9/11. Cytotec fail. D&C 5/17/11.
    BFP #2   7/5/11.  EDD 3/14/12... Our rainbow Kellen born 3/14/12 via c/s.
    BFP #3 5/30/13.  EDD 2/8/14...  6wk u/s HB 126. 8wk u/s lost HB. D&C 7/12/13.
    BFP #4 2/18/14.  EDD 10/30/14... Ruptured ectopic with L tube removed & D&C 3/7/14.
    BFP #5 7/27/14.  EDD 4/9/15...  m/c @ 5w4d.

IVF #1    Oct 2014 - antagonist protocol: 9R, 7M, 5F. 3dt of 3 Grade 2 embies. BFN. 
    IVF #2    Jan 2015 cancelled due to dominant follicle.  Converted to IUI #1. BFFN
    IVF #2.1 March 2015 cancelled due to dominant follicle.

BFP #6  (SUPRISE!) 3/19/15.  EDD 11/30/15...  CP at 4w2d.
    IUI #2:    Clomid + Follistim = 3 follies. BFN.
    IVF #2.2 May 2015 - horrible response to micro lupron flare protocol: 3R, 3M, 3F. 3dt of 2 Grade 3 embies. BFFN. 

BFP #7 (beyond surprised again!) 4/26/16. EDD 1/5/17. beautiful betas!!!! and then near-fatal hemorrhagic corpus luteum. turns out baby was ectopic after all; another lap 5/6 (@24dpo).

the universe can fuck off.

"You are overly paranoid and delusional that every one is out to get you." -lastsliverofhope

all AL welcome. TTC #2 for 43 44 months.
    follow my infertility journey here at timestandsstillblog.com

• Unfortunately I cannot change my re. She is the only one in my province. Switching would mean a 5-6 hour drive to another province each way. And then, I don't know if I would be covered under our provincial healthcare. It just isn't possible.

My obgyn was seeing me for both of my recent losses. Once I started seeing the re, I forfeited seeing him for fertility reasons. He does tend to do a lot of fertility treatment and testing (except iui and ivf) because of the lack of REs here, so I could potentially go back to him. I feel like an RE is supposed to be the gold standard in fertility treatment though.

I will give it a couple of weeks and see if I hear from surgeon... If not, I think I might look at going back to my obgyn.
  • Oh man I read that wro g!!! Feb 4th?!?!?!? This requires a referral for her to get her brain checked! You are truly a nicer and more patient person than I! I'd of visited the office saying thst it hadn't been sent, I was confused, feb 4th it was supposed to have been done, did I need to take it in person? No fax? And not leave w/o it or a fax confirmation (so you can show the other one it has been sent of course!!!) I'm so miffed for you!!!

FROZEN CYCLE JUNE! BFP
    BABY BOY VINCENT!

imageimage Potato Love!

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"