Cloth Diapering
Options

OSO cozy prefolds

the infant size...massive.  Am I wrong.  I only ever used prefolds for trifolding on an older baby, so I'm having difficulty imagining these on a child under one.  There we two sizes when I ordered and this was the smaller. 
Asher Benjamin and Lola Aisling

Infertility
PCOS, Progesterone Deficiency Disorder, Multiple Miscarriage
Clomid, Metformin, Ovadril, PIO, P17 Iron/Platlet Tranfusion

My Spring Babies! 
<3 Angel Baby   Elisabeth Adelle  April 2008 <3
Asher Benjamin  April 2010
Lola Aisling  May 2014

Re: OSO cozy prefolds

• Options
    edited March 2014
    I used the small size during the NB stage. They were a lot bulkier than GMD NB size but worked fine for awhile. In my opinion they were too long and not wide enough. So when he finally got big enough to not have to fold down the bulk, they wouldn't snappi anymore. We still got about 4 or 5 weeks out of them. He was 8.6 at birth. They would be huge on a small baby.

• Options
    They were pretty darn big on my 7.7 baby who then dropped a pound. But they worked fine for about 5-6 weeks until he fit into OS. He never seemed to have a problem with being uncomfortable. He wasn't super thick so he still had alot of growing room when we stopped using them. I just liked the trimmer OS pockets.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yep, I agree they are a weird size.  We used ours snappied (but folded down) for just short while before they got too small to snappi.  We did use them to stuff pockets & tri-folded for quite a while though.  

image imageimageimage

• Options
    Okay so I'm not crazy, good to know.  Holy cow...lol. 
    Asher Benjamin and Lola Aisling

Infertility
    PCOS, Progesterone Deficiency Disorder, Multiple Miscarriage
    Clomid, Metformin, Ovadril, PIO, P17 Iron/Platlet Tranfusion

My Spring Babies! 
    <3 Angel Baby   Elisabeth Adelle  April 2008 <3
    Asher Benjamin  April 2010
    Lola Aisling  May 2014
  • Options
    So my local store only carries Osocozy.  I've got 11 so far for a NB stash, to use with my Thirsties covers.  Any brand recommendations to complete my stash?  GMD's?  Where's the best place to order?
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    smushi said:

So my local store only carries Osocozy.  I've got 11 so far for a NB stash, to use with my Thirsties covers.  Any brand recommendations to complete my stash?  GMD's?  Where's the best place to order?

I really love GMDs! They were the perfect NB size.

ETA: I also have some Diaper Rite prefolds that I like.

• Options
    They worked well for us after about 10 lbs when the girls outgrew the newborn size.
    Married 8/2008. IVF with PGD March 2013.
    3/22 ER: 25R, 20M, 15F. 9 genetically normal, and 3 survived to Day 5
    3/27 ET: transferred 1 embryo, beta 9dp5dt=163, 12dp5dt=639
    4/25 1st ultrasound at 7 weeks = identical twins with heartbeats?!!!
    PPROM at 31w, delivery at 32 weeks of two beautiful girls
  • Options
    I really love GMDs! They were the perfect NB size. ETA: I also have some Diaper Rite prefolds that I like.
    Dumb question, but are the Cloth-eez brand GMD's?  I'm looking on the GMD website and that's what they offer.
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure this is what we have, although I'm not sure if they're the infant size or what. Do they have pale yellow stitching? (Mine are definitely not GMD yellows.) They were way big when we got them, but he outgrew the width before the length. We finally managed to make it work with the bikini twist and just stopped using them a few weeks ago.

• Options
    they are working well for my baby form 7-9 pounds. they are still working for him. I feel like they shrunk a lot when i washed them. I think they are a little wide but they fit in my flip covers on the smallest size

Married 11/27/09 and TTC right away
    Dx: Complete septate uterus with cervical duplication, endometrial polyps, PCOS, endometriosis, hypo thyroid, luteal phase defect
    4 uterus surgeries to correct my complete septum and to remove polyps and 2 years of seeing the RE, medicated cycles and IUIs
    Baby 1 and 2: BFP 3/3/11 with 2 babies EDD 11/1/11, M/C 4/6/11
    Baby #3: 8/11 pregnant EDD 4/27/11 and m/c:(
    Baby #4: 10/12/11 BFP! EDD 6/16/12m/c 10/26/11
    Baby #5: 3/13/12 BFP! EDD 11/25/12 ANOTHER m/c :(

Baby #6: 2/14/13- BFP! EDD 10/24/13, CP 2/19/13
    Baby #7: 3/15/13- BFP! EDD 11/27/13, another CP
    Baby #8.  BFP 5/19/13 EDD 1/22/14. 8 was not our lucky number

4th septum resection on 5/31/13.
    Baby #9: 6/29/13 BFP. C section scheduled for March 5th!

My miracle baby was born March 5 at 9:33am. He was 8 lbs 12.5 oz and 21.25 inches long!

image"">

• Options
    Yes, cloth-eez are GMDs. :)

• Options
    Edit: if there were just two size options, you ordered the size 1. They also have another sizing system, which uses the terms newborn, infant, premium, toddler, etc. if you want more inbetween options for sizes. We used the latter (newborn first which have a yellow edge and then the thicker infant which have a navy edge), and they worked great and weren't huge after prepped and dried multiple times. My girls have been in the infant 4x8x4 size for 2 months now.

I hate all the different sizing systems. It makes it so confusing.
  • Options
    Better fit could be purple. The better fits are shorter for trifolding. I have the standard length in order to snappi.
  • Options
    PurpleIris30PurpleIris30 member
    edited March 2014
    https://www.alltogetherdiaper.com/Products/OsoCozy-Prefolds

I have the bleached Indian cotton version. There's the better fit sizing, which are shorter and designed for trifolding. Just to be confusing, they also have prepackaged versions (for selling in retail stores?) and on amazon, they are sold as size 1 and 2 only.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003AJHDQW/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1395273642&sr=8-1&pi=SX200_QL40

And I was wrong - the thicker infant prefolds I have are more of a dark green than navy.

Edit: the better fit smallest size are purple, but they are infant size. Looks like the standard length newborn size are smaller (yellow edge).
  • Options
    And how those compare to GMD sizing and colors, I have no freaking clue. :)
  • Options
    LO is about to grow out of the yellow edged (newborn) ones width wise because its getting hard to make the snappi reach. She was 6.10 at birth and weighed 8 lbs at her 4 week check. But the infant ones look massive! I seriously can't imagine putting those on LO.
    Kinley Diane
    Born 2/4/14
    Weighing 6 lbs 10 oz and 20 inches long

• Options
    One nice thing about the regular infant size is that the fit perfectly inside the thirsties duo wrap size 1 covers (at largest setting), so we can use them until they need to move up in cover sizes.

They'd definitely be big for most newborns though. As I mentioned, we started using them at about 10 lbs, and we had to fold over for a few weeks, but we're definitely getting our money's worth out of them, since we'll be able to use them for several months.
  • Options
    I bought OsoCozy unbleached Indian prefolds. Since I'm a total newb, after prepping them/washing them several times will they get more pillowy? Right now they seem like smooth pieces of fabric, unlike the picture where I purchased them

• Options
    Yes, after you prep them they will fluff up.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"