October 2012 Moms

End of Civilization?

stephcarterstephcarter member
edited March 2014 in October 2012 Moms
GREAT! Something else for me to stress about (I'm the crazy chick who lost sleep over the world ending in May 2011 and Dec 2012)

A NASA funded study found that the end of civilization is coming within the next few decades. Why not make a fun poll out of the impending doom?

Do you believe that we/our LO's will be here for the "end"?

https://m.policymic.com/articles/85541/nasa-study-concludes-when-civilization-will-end-and-it-s-not-looking-good-for-us

End of Civilization? 35 votes

Yep! The end is near!
8% 3 votes
No way! We're good!
74% 26 votes
SS!
17% 6 votes

Re: End of Civilization?

• LauraT25 said:

SS: It is something I have no opinion about whatsoever.  If it happens in my lifetime, or K's, well...it happens, I guess.  

I wish I could think like that! My life would probably be much easier.

• No your crazy. ;)
    image                 image
    Lilypie - (52Ft)

• Loading the player...
  • chricast said:

No your crazy. ;)

In no way, shape, or form am I arguing that :)

• ChrisG83ChrisG83 member
    edited March 2014
    I do think about it and yes I do prepare for lots of situations (natural disasters, when the trucks stop etc). However the end of the world stuff, not a whole lot I can do about that except hold my baby tight. 
  • LauraT25 said:
    I don't think it's crazy to think about.  It is just not on my radar.
    for some reason I can only post when I quote someone so LT it is.

I feel like it's on its way and this generation and next is going to have to make some SERIOUS changes in order to keep things going. Like we were saying in another thread, we individually can do little things that add up even if the bigger picture is out of control ie have one kid instead of three (more people is SO taxing), consider gas use, distribution of wealth, etc. 

• I think I may be the odd one out I i don't really care to much about all the world is ending stuff but I'm scared to death of a zombie apocalypse happening. I was totally fine until we watched world war z and I feel that movie made it so real, like it could happen any day now. I know its silly to

• I'll admit the week or so we were totally out of everything during Sandy and the cops were saying life or death emergencies only, etc. That was scary.Anything like that happening again or on a larger scale....yikes.

• mbm1983 said:
    i actually think it's more likely that there will be a new strain of disease that science won't be able to eradicate in time. like a new flu virus or something could wipe out a large percentage of our population before there is a vaccine.

like outbreak, or contagion.

this has happened a bunch of times...black death, flu of 1918. Pretty scary.

• mbm1983 said:
    mbm1983 said:
    i actually think it's more likely that there will be a new strain of disease that science won't be able to eradicate in time. like a new flu virus or something could wipe out a large percentage of our population before there is a vaccine.

like outbreak, or contagion.

this has happened a bunch of times...black death, flu of 1918. Pretty scary.

yeah black death killed what, 10-20 million people in Europe? i can't remember the exact figure. it was a large percent of the population though.

i definitely fear that more than a zombie apocolypse.

1/3 of the population!
    (i had to look it up I didn't know that off the top of my head!)

• so I actually read that study and the two key things are
    1. better distribution of wealth/resources
    and 
    2. reducing population growth

so not having all the babiez is actually a thing
    I mean, that's why a big virus or what have you comes along. 

• mbm1983 said:
    our population growth is actually near historic lows. but yes, there is still a damn lot of us and not enough resources to keep up.

the *US* population growth is. But other parts of the world, not so much.
    And it won't balance out country by country.

• mbm1983 said:
    mbm1983 said:
    our population growth is actually near historic lows. but yes, there is still a damn lot of us and not enough resources to keep up.

the *US* population growth is. But other parts of the world, not so much.
    And it won't balance out country by country.

oh yes, of course, i thought we were only talking US. sorry!
    It's projected to be the whole world, but it will take time, so who knows if we'll be around then!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"