October 2012 Moms

? for NICU moms

A friend of mine went into pre-term labor over a week ago at 23 weeks and they were able to stop labor and she was put on bed rest until she delivered.  Well Last night at 25 weeks exactly her little man decided he couldn't wait any longer and she delivered him so he is in the NICU, until he is strong enough to go home.  I want to do something for her and her husband to try and make their stay in the NICU a little easier but I'm not sure what to do.  So moms who had NICU time, what was really helpful for you to make it easier? Should I get her a gift card for food? maybe a baby blanket? I am at a loss as to what to do but I want to do something. I can't imagine what she is going through right now! Any advice or suggestions would be great! Thanks

Re: ? for NICU moms

• Food and snacks were the most hepful for us.  We were only there 5 days.

A cousin gave us a parking pass voucher thing - that was nice - something we didn't need to worry about (parking).

If they have a Ronald McDonald house attached that is a lifesaver.  If they don't - home cooked meals are hard to pass up.

Any little thing will be appreciated.  Even a phone call in the middle of the day was a nice break sometimes.

ME: 31 PCOS - DH: 32 Perfect. 
    TTC #1 started 8.2010. 
    BFP #1 3.2.11Blighted ovum, missed m/c, 4.3.11-6.22.11 Provera

BFP #2 Aug 2011 Clomid 50mg+Met missed m/c found 9w5d | cytotec 10.26.11 
    BFP #3 - CD36 - Jan. 2012 - 100mg Clomid + 2000met-  Baby Boy born 10.06.12 with 1 in a billion CHD. Perfect otherwise. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Open Heart Surgery @ 5 months old.Happy, healthy, and as normal as could be!  We thank God every day.EP/BF for 12.5 months

TTC#2 - November 2012

BFP #4:  O'd on CD25 (Aug. 2014).  DD May 6, 2015. RCS planned.
    Beta@14dpo: 184, 17dpo: 520.  44 hr. doubling time.  p4: 54U/S 8 weeks 1 day, 161 bpm
  • a friend who had a baby at 28 weeks really liked the little hats
    and just support!

• Loading the player...
  • My SIL delivered my niece at 29 weeks. Because they spent all their time at the hospital, they had very little time for everyday regular stuff. So they appreciated gift cards for food and people bringing them meals, and helping out with chores- we'd stop by their house when they were gone and do a load of laundry, vacuum, mop, etc.
  • Ditto food gift cards places between their house and the hospital. Snack food. Coffee cards like Starbucks and duckn if they like that. Call and say you are at the grocery store what does she need. I didn't want to be a trouble to others so make it seem like no
    Bother to help her.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Thanks ladies! these are all great ideas! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"