August 2011 Moms

Painting LO's nails?

Have you, would you? Is it inappropriate at this age?

I've painted DD's with toddler nail polish. It is mostly rubbed off by the end of the day. I usually paint her nails as a special treat and when I reallllyyyy want her to sit still for a little while. I will sit her on a blanket or strap her in her booster seat at the kitchen table and then turn on an episode of something. She LOVES it, thinks she is hot stuff!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Painting LO's nails?

• Is it flammable that I painted DD's nails once with piggy paint?
  • I will totally be painting my girl's nails the second I get a chance! :)
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • edited March 2014

What is piggy paint??

I wont lie- I just use whatever polish I have around.  I don't have any specific toddler polish.

It's a non-toxic natural nail polish for kids.

Painting a baby's nails is one of those big no-nos on The Bump. So I kinda expect to be flamed for it.

• Oh.. well if you are flamed for Piggy Paint, I'll put on my fire-gear and be next to you..

You and me both.
    The girls each got a bottle of nail polish in their stocking last Christmas.
    I just get them regular polish in fun, bright colours. We don't do them on a regular basis, but when they ask, I usually oblige. Plus it gives me good leverage when they don't want me to trim their nails :)
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I have wanted to, but was worried she wouldn't sit still.

That said, we were at a bday party two weeks ago with a face painter who was doing some really elaborate designs.  DH and I were shocked that she sat still for so long to get a full tiger face done!  So I think I'm underestimating her :) 

I think her and I might try to paint toenails next week. I'll post if we do and let everyone know how she does :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • We use regular paint. It was messy at first but she got better at letting them dry. I didn't push the nail polish on her. She insisted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"