May 2014 Moms
Options

How uncommon is this...

So I've been lucky enough to develop thrush in my mouth. I only thought the babies could get it but apparently I'm wrong.
I have a dr appt in the morning since I now have a fever.
Has any one even heard of adults getting it? Evil google says it can happen in pregnancy and is easier for O blood types to get also.

LOVELY!

Re: How uncommon is this...

• Options
    My mum got it frequently when she was having cancer treatment. Do you have white bits in your mouth? She was given some drops for it, but i can't remember what they were called. Your Dr will be able to give you something for it. 

09/23/11 - Married DH

04/01/13 - BFP at 4wks

05/30/13 - MMC - BO @ 12wks 5d

08/29/13 - BFP @ 4wks 4d

09/17/13 - 7wks 2d - Normal HB Detected! Baby measuring perfect for dates and positioning!  

10/23/13 - 12wks 3d - Perfect NT scan! HB 167 & baby wriggling, waving & yawning!

12/17/13 - 20wks 2 d - We're having a beautiful baby girl! Go Team Pink!

05/03/14 - Bobbie Gloria was born at 39+6 weighing 6lb 14oz!

• Options
    I don't know about thrush specifically, but my immune system is clearly whacked right now. I'm in the midst of cold #6(!!) this pregnancy thanks to DD. Last time I had none. In any case, you're susceptible to a lot more than you normally would, so it's probably not that surprising. Fx you get better soon!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My immune system had been great so far! Argh. I'm hoping it's just a simple fix!
  • Options
    My sister in law got it while breastfeeding her second on her nipples, her daughter in mouth, only person I know to have any experience with it
  • Options
    I know someone who had it on their nipples from breastfeeding, also. Never heard of adults having it in their mouth. Just kids. Good luck at the drs.
  • Options
    It's usually associated with a weakened immune system- HIV/AIDS patients, cancer patients, etc. I can happen to people without a compromised immune system, it's just not very common. Good luck!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I had it multiple times when I was in 8th grade and had mono. It can happen when your immune system is compromised. It was as simple as swishing with some Mylanta several times a day to get rid of it. A friend of mine had it on her nipples while breastfeeding. She and baby passed it back and worth. It's basically a yeast infection in your mouth. Shouldnt be too hard to clear up.
  • Options
    My mother has gotten it a couple of times. She has an autoimmune disorder so I'm thinking it's linked to that. She is also O-, so maybe there is something to that part of what Dr. Google said.
  • Options

My mother has gotten it a couple of times. She has an autoimmune disorder so I'm thinking it's linked to that. She is also O-, so maybe there is something to that part of what Dr. Google said.

I'm thinking the O- has something to do with it.
  • Options
    My friend's mom just got it recently too

Anniversary 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  
    Congrats to my GP Sister from another mister Bruinsbabe!!

• Options
    My dad had it in his mouth. He does have a weakened immune system though... he's B- blood so IDK if that really has anything to do with it.
  • Options
    I've had it before, I believe when I was on really heavy duty IV antibiotics. I was prescribed an anti fungal mouth wash and it cleared up quickly. Not sure what's safe in pregnancy, but I'm sure your doc could help you out. The mouthwash had a numbing agent in it too, which relieved the pain quickly. Good luck and feel better soon!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Thanks ladies!! I've been pushing it at work with the hours (50 a week) so I'm sure my immune system is just hating me!
  • Options
    Maybe it can be a good thing because now your baby will get the immunity to it and not every have it. I hope it's an easy painless fix for you.
  • Options
    I thought I had it after I took some antibiotics. Had a dentist appt and he said it was not thrush. They gave me a tongue scrapper and it worked great! Hope u have an easy fix too!
  • Options
    When I started my inhaler the doctor told me I could get it and needed to be sure I rinsed my mouth out after using it. But before that I hadn't hear of it.

• Options
    Yea...I have heard it is common and heard about getting it on your nipples when breastfeeding.  Hope you get better soon!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"