Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

enjoying bath time

My little guy is 10 weeks old and absolutely hates baths....to the pint of crying and flaying his arms and legs. I've tried sponge baths and baths in his baby tub, w/ the same results. I've tried soothing, singing, etc, scented wash and lotions to help calm, tear free wash.... You get the idea.  I read how bath time is relaxing and enjoyable....how do you other moms do it, or could I get your tips and secrets?

Re: enjoying bath time

• Options
    Yes my lo starts out with the screaming and crying but calms down after I put the washcloth on him I also have to pour the warm water over him pretty much continuously to keep him quiet but hes so calm and happy after its worth it ... I also use a lavender calming wash
  • Options
    It's pretty wasteful but we leave the water running for LO. She LOVES the sound of the water and keeps her feet under the faucet so it's always running on her. And she likes the water surprisingly very warm (almost HOT!). It's like a hydrotherapy massage for her :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Also make sure the temperature in the room is warm enough. We sometimes turn on a small heater in the bathroom to keep it extra warm during baths.
    #rainbows and #unicorns make any situation #cute. keithcorcoran
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    HiPrHiPr member
    It was suggested to me to either take a bath or shower w my baby on me to help them learn that water is comforting, I havnt tried either one yet but will soon.
  • Options

My DD was like six months before she realized baths were fun.

The shock of getting wet or naked isn't always fun for babies this little.

My 5 week old isn't  a fan either. For now I just hold him in the tub while his sister takes a bath and wipe him down with a washcloth.

He'll grow into it.

And both of my kids like the water hotter than most people think is okay.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"