TTC after 35

A get to know you Q

Is it just me or are lots of new people on our board?? Its so cool! 

I was just wondering where is everyone from???

Im from Southern California. A little place called Yucaipa. I love it here. 

Its not where I thought I would end up being that much of my young life I grew up in the OC (Orange County) I always thought i would end up back there….but you know how that goes….life had other plans. Hubby has even mentioned moving out to the beach in a few years if his career takes him in a certain direction. Id be up for that for sure. :)
SIGGY WARNING
Me 38   DH 34
married 05-21-11 
started TTC right away

BFP- 10-16-14 EDD 6/13/15: MC 12-1-14 

Re: A get to know you Q

• BeckyP005BeckyP005 member
    edited March 2014
    From Pittsburgh PA. Never left. I kinda wished I would of moved away after college or at least wished MH had to get transferred somewhere for a few years. Ohhh well :(

I'm not too sure where I would move if given the chance to relocate anywhere I want!! Part of me would love small town with sidewalks and wrap around porches and everyone knowing each other like where Sleeping with the Enemy was filmed.

I would have to think about that more :)

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• edited March 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm from just outside of Boston, MA, living really close to where I grew up. I also went to college here, so I pretty much haven't ventured outside a 10 mile radius of my childhood home. My DH is from the area too but at least went to NY for college and grad school. I like it here, since I'm such a creature of habit, and I have a lot of friends and family here. Go Red Sox!
    Me: 41, DH: 42, married 2009
    BFP #1: 12/05/2012; EDD 08/09/2013; MC 01/2013 (missed, D&C)
    BFP #2: 12/19/2013; EDD 08/25/2014; MC 01/2014 (natural)
  • I have lived on Long Island in New York my entire life and I would only leave if my children ever moved away. My husband and I both graduated from the same high school but we didn't meet until we were in our early 20's. We bought our house one town away. So we are 5 minutes from our mothers.
    I love it here because it is suburban but you can be in manhattan in less than an hour. Connecticut is only a ferry ride away and I'm a 10 min drive to the beaches. I feel like we have everything. Wineries, apple orchards and pumpkin patches are also on the east end and only a hour drive.

The only thing that stinks is the cost of living. Houses cost a ton and our taxes are through the roof. But we are managing. So as long as I can still pay the bills we will stick right where we are.

Me:39, DH:40

DD born 8/96, DS born 8/04

TTC#3

NTNP since 2006, active trying 1/13

Natural M/C 3/13 at 7 weeks

CP 2/14

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage

All welcome

• hooligans4 I, too, am a Long Island girl! (Suffolk County)   I grew up here but spend four years in Boulder and Denver, CO and a year in East Providence, RI before moving back. Dream of one day moving to the White Mountains in New Hampshire, but will probably stay on LI while the kidlette(s) are young since family is here.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm from Lancaster, PA...lived there until I was 29 then moved a little north to Dauphin and my last move was even further north to Northumberland...all in PA.  If i were to move out of state I would love to live around Dewey, DE. 
    41 & single; DX:  PCOS
    TTC #1 with IUI and donor sperm
    First IUI May, 2014, Clomid + Trigger = BFN
    Second IUI July, 2014, Clomid + Trigger = BFN
    Third IUI Dec, 2014, Femara + Follistim + Trigger = BFN
    Fourth IUI Feb 2015, Femara + Follistim + Trigger = C/P :(

• I'm from Newfoundland and Labrador - the easternmost province in Canada. We moved up north three years ago, and have embraced the cold (mostly), and spend our time snowmobiling, cross country skiing and snowshoeing. We've had a bitterly cold winter this year, with temps running about 40 below for almost two months. We're past that now, thankfully, but still have another couple of months of snow.
  • I live in San Francisco, but DH and I are originally from Central Illinois. I love living in SF except for the cost of living.

Visit The Nest!image Visit The Nest!

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." - Eleanor Roosevelt

• @URMySunshine77 - Yeah another west coast girl!!!! I LOVE SF!! I can't wait to go back someday and visit. 

@JimBobCooter - Your more west than the others! I have driven though NM before. Sadly I really just drove through….no stopping really. 

@Hooligans4 Oh you make it sound so perfect! I actually love where I am at too we have the mountains about 30 minutes (I live at the base of the mountains) and the beach is an hour away in the other direction. We have apple orchards about 15 minutes away pumpkin patches too. :) Wineries are also about an hour away and lovely San Diego is about an hour and a half….I love it there. 

I love reading where you all are from!

I always feel like i get on here when everyone is mostly finished for the day. Now i know why with all you east coast bumpies! 

SIGGY WARNING
    Me 38   DH 34
    married 05-21-11 
    started TTC right away

• Davie813Davie813 member
    edited March 2014
    It's cool how spread out everyone is!

I've lived in Illinois for 16 years, and Chicago for 8, but I grew up in Wyoming. DH would kind of like to live there, but neither of us would be able to find a job. I personally wouldn't mind moving somewhere warmer (although I'll feel differently when summer comes). I like everything about Chicago except the weather.
    *****Signature/Ticker Warning******

Me: 41, DH: 45
    DD, 6/15/2013
    TTC #2 beginning January 2014
    AMH 1.05; FSH range 7-11

July 2014: IUI #1.  Follistim + Pregnyl.  2 follicles--BFN
    September 2014: IUI #2.  Follistim + Pregnyl + Ganirelix + Crinone.  4(?) follicles--BFN
    October 2014: IUI #3.  More Follistim + More Ganirelix + Pregnyl + Crinone.  4 follicles--BFP!  Beta #1=10 Beta #2=33 Beta #3=97 Beta #4=158.  M/C 11/1/14
    December 2014: IVF #1.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  9R, 9M, 9F.  3 5-day blasts transferred 12/15. BFFN.
    April 2015: IVF #2.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  16R, 15M, 12F. Transferred 2 5-day blasts 4/12 and froze 4--BFP!  M/C 5/25/15
    August 2015: IVF #3.  14R, 13M, 11F.  Froze 5 blasts for CCS testing.  3 normals.  FET planned for 10/2015.

My Ovulation Chart

• I'm in south Louisiana, New Orleans area. I was born and raised in this area and even went to college in this area. I never want to leave. My husband is from North Carolina but he went to school all over the place even in other countries.
    Fucking bump!!!!
  • I grew up and currently live in Connecticut. I previously lived in FL for 5 years.   Also, went to college in RI and right after college I lived just outside of Boston for quite a few years. I actually like to move a lot actually.  I've always wanted to live on the West Coast. Perhaps one day :)

**** siggy warning - bfp & loss ****   ---- All Welcome ---

Me: 44 - Hashimoto's (under control), DH: 38 - (minor issues)

IUIs: 2 in 2012 ... Both BFN
    IVF #1: 10/16/13 ... BFP, however it was not viable and ended in an early loss at 7weeks.

IVF #2: Feb '14 ... Cancelled. Positive beta at baseline appt, became very early loss.
    IVF #2: Apr '
    14 ... Retrieval Only. 2 embryos made it to day 3 freeze & will be batched with IVF #3 for PGD testing.
    IVF #3: June '14
    Retrieval Only. 4 embryos growing, all arrested before day 5. Two from April thawed, but also arrested.
    Currently benched while determining how to proceed.

"Keep going until you can't fail"

image   image

image  image

• tlc35tlc35 member
    I am also in New Orleans.  I grew up in Alabama and my H grew up in Ohio.  I love it and am really sad that we may have to leave since I can't find a job here.
    Me: 37                                               
    DH: 45
    BFP #1 3/19/14  EDD 11/29/14 MMC D&C 4/24/14
    BFP #2  12/4/14 Beta #1 218 at 12dpo Beta #2 1055 at 16dpo
    Saw heartbeat 12/29.  Please be a rainbow.
    imagerainbows

All welcome                                   

• Grew up in Michigan...parents moved from Kentucky Before I was born..moved to Indiana in 1998. I live in the northern part. Cost of living is cheap and it's ok here...close to a lot of things. We may move back to husbands country in future or somewhere else...I like to move around actually and see different places:) we will see....
    ***ticker warning*** DS 3/27/12 born 6 weeks early....my perfect boy !! Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers [url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://lb1f.lilypie.com/z5R8p1.png[/img][/url] image<a href="http://www.thebump.com/?
  • I grew up in Hong Kong, moved to US while I was 16.  Spent many years in Brooklyn and then lived in NYC for 7 years.  Met my husband in NYC and we moved to Westcheste recently.  I honestly never thought I would leave the city, but I think we hit the point where we want more space and want to live somewhere more low key.  We love where we live, our train ride is only 35 mins to the city. 

• I live in Edinburgh, Scotland, but I was born and raised in Hamburg, Germany, until I was 23.
    Children Mentioned!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Assisted Conception tickers
  • Grew up in Milwaukie Oregon, right outside of Portland oregon.  Went to grad. school at Cal State Long Beach and then worked in Redondo Beach Cali after I got my Masters.  Then I moved back to Portland :) 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • So, no one from Florida, huh? I'm from Jacksonville, FL. Grew up in Miami, lived in Ohio for a couple of years then moved back. I finally settled here in 2007 and I LOVE it here. Its very friendly, neighborly and has a "small town feel" but it is a relatively large city. We're only 20 minutes from the beach and 40 minutes from the State border (which in Florida is kind of a big deal because the state is so long).

• Wow we are a spread out bunch! even another country! 

@Kai&amp;Allie Now Im going to read all your post in my head with a Scottish accent. lol. Although you probably don't have one being form Germany. German accent??? :D 
    SIGGY WARNING
    Me 38   DH 34
    married 05-21-11 
    started TTC right away

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @sunchip -  I grew up in Oregon City! Haha, we probably went to some of the same HS football games ;) Then I moved down to Phoenix for college, and haven't left. I'm totally a west coast girl too :) 
    Me-37, DH-38
    Married in 2006, TTC #1 since Jan 2012

Baby Boy born June 1, 2015

He settles her in her home as a happy mother of children, praise the Lord! (Psalms 113:9)
    And the peace of God, which surpasses all understand, will guard your heart and mind in Jesus Christ (Philippians 4:7)

• @KirstenAlecia Yeah, I definitely have a German accent, but I sometimes say things that no non-British living German would ever say.
    Children Mentioned!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Assisted Conception tickers
  • MamaBear904 - I lived in PVB from 2007-2012 :D

**** siggy warning - bfp & loss ****   ---- All Welcome ---

Me: 44 - Hashimoto's (under control), DH: 38 - (minor issues)

IUIs: 2 in 2012 ... Both BFN
    IVF #1: 10/16/13 ... BFP, however it was not viable and ended in an early loss at 7weeks.

IVF #2: Feb '14 ... Cancelled. Positive beta at baseline appt, became very early loss.
    IVF #2: Apr '
    14 ... Retrieval Only. 2 embryos made it to day 3 freeze & will be batched with IVF #3 for PGD testing.
    IVF #3: June '14
    Retrieval Only. 4 embryos growing, all arrested before day 5. Two from April thawed, but also arrested.
    Currently benched while determining how to proceed.

"Keep going until you can't fail"

image   image

image  image

• KirstenAleciaKirstenAlecia member
    edited March 2014
    So for all out bumpies that live in places that experience a "real" winter get ready to laugh at me.

Im sitting here working and its 72 degrees and I am FREEZING!

Sign of a true born and raised Southern California girl right there. Cant handle the cold.
    SIGGY WARNING
    Me 38   DH 34
    married 05-21-11 
    started TTC right away

• Living in the Detroit area. Raised in rural southern Michigan.
  • Grrrrr @KirstenAlecia it's 30 with the wind chill today.

TTC#3

CP 2/14

imageimage

All welcome

• I grew up in NJ near the shore (it is NOT like the tv show!) and have lived in London, Cenral NY, and West Africa for school and work.  Most recently I have moved to southern Maryland which is the most rural place I have ever been!   I have learned over the last few years that I am a city person.
  • From South Carolina, went to school in New York but came back to good ole' South Carolina.

40 yr old.
    1 daughter - 14 yrs old
    2 miscarriages

• @yellowcat10‌ , I grew up in South Jersey, and your Jersey Shore reference made me laugh. I feel like I spend half my life explaining to people that none of those fools are even from Jersey.
  • I live in San Francisco, but DH and I are originally from Central Illinois. I love living in SF except for the cost of living.

That's one of my most favorite places on Earth! :) I live in San Diego, which isn't so bad.....

Me: 38     DH: 36
    Married: July 21, 2013
    TTC#1 (between us): June/July 2013

DX: MFI (low count and motility)
    Charting/OPK/CBFM July 2013-present
    1st RE Visit: January 2014
    Cycling: 
    March 2014- 75iu follistim + trigger + progesterone + IUI = BFN and OHSS
    (8 million post wash 47% motility, 18mm/17mm/16mm/16mm/14mm follies)
    April/May 2014- Benched due to cysts/enlarged ovaries
    June 2014- 50iu follistim + trigger + progesterone + IUI = BFP!!
    (10 million post wash 60% motility, 20mm/19mm follies)
    Beta 1- 85 Beta 2- 2,752 - EDD 2/27/2015

Everyone welcome. Strength in numbers!

• Hi I'm in Brooklyn NY which I love, as it's near prospect park and on weekends I feel very relaxed especially when I go for walks.

I have lived in many places and love to travel. Originally from Boston (Brookline) have lived in western mass, Santa Cruz California, Silicon Valley, New Zealand, Nantucket island, and in NYC, I lived on upper westside, Brooklyn : cobble hill, Carroll gardens, park slope, Kensington, and gowanus in an industrial loft.

I am a nature girl though and for see myself moving to western mass or the mountains somewhere in New England, and raising kids near a forest. First, planning to have a baby here in our 1 bedroom apt. A little nervous aboutthe space but I know people have kids in smaller apartments than ours so we can figure it out.
    TTC#1 since Aug 2013, I'm 37, DH 41.  
    Maya Arvigo Abdominal massage (daily self care), plus TTC meditations.
    I'm very sensitive to diet (gluten, avoid processed foods) and environment. Have a history of inflammation and tendinitis before going off gluten in 2009.  
    July 2014 - RE Visit #1: Eggs look good, Endometrioma on R ovary, HSG showed blocked R tube close to ovary. DH SA normal 
    DX: Endometriosis probably the IF cause and gunking up tubes.  Since egg reserve is high, RE says I can wait a couple months and then get laproscopic surgery to remove endo & clear tube.  If that doesn't help then move to IVF. 
    Dec 2014 - Saw new RE - does not recommend surgery on tube as it isn't likely to help.  Doubts I have endometriosis.  My endometrioma shrunk to neglible size (yay!) 
    Seriously considering IVF in March/April
    12/17/14 - Natural BFP! 
    That's one of my most favorite places on Earth! :) I live in San Diego, which isn't so bad.....
    I would also love San Diego; however, I prefer cities with more public transportation. San Diego seems very driving-based, right?

Visit The Nest!image Visit The Nest!

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." - Eleanor Roosevelt

• You are correct! The public transportation here isn't the greatest. In fact, it's pretty close to non-existent, for a big city. If you're downtown or close to downtown, I'd say it's ok. But most people drive or stay in their "neck of the woods." Then you can walk to ride a bike.

Cycling: 

• @Mommalawyer San Diego….one of my favorite places. I love La Jolla. :) 

SIGGY WARNING
    Me 38   DH 34
    married 05-21-11 
    started TTC right away

• I live in Northern Virginia, which to us, is an entirely different state than Virginia. I'm about 30 minutes south of DC. Growing up an Army-brat I've lived in many different places, Kansas, Pennsylvania, Germany. But this is where I've made my home. The traffic sucks but you get used to it.
    *TW below*
    Me: 40 DH: 38
    TTC since November 2012
    BFP IUI Cycle 2 Dec 2016
    Baby Boy Due Sept 12 2017
    Elias (Eli) born 9/2/17 at 7:07pm weight 8lbs 10oz and 20.5 inches long!!

• @Radiantly‌ I love love Nantucket!! I go with the family I work for there almost every summer! We didn't go last year and I knew I should of got dome cute sweatshirts from there even though I have no baby yet! Lol

@KirstenAlecia‌ I nannied for a summer out in SD way back in the day and had a blast!! I remembered walking in a restaurant in LA Jolla and walked back out after seeing the prices on the menu :) Beautiful...

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• @Mommalawyer San Diego….one of my favorite places. I love La Jolla. :) 

I lived in La Jolla for a couple years when I first moved to SD. It was great! Expensive, but great. After living there for a bit, I began to find the little hole in the wall places where it wasnt quite so expensive.

Cycling: 

• @ewenner I know!  Even now when that show has been gone for years I STILL get questions about it!

• @MelissaMiso‌ & @hooligans4‌ we are neighbors, lol. I'm also in Suffolk County (T.O.B). Is there something bad in the water decreasing our TTC progress
  • C_Girlie said:

@MelissaMiso‌ & @hooligans4‌ we are neighbors, lol. I'm also in Suffolk County (T.O.B). Is there something bad in the water decreasing our TTC progress

Lol. We are neighbors. I live in town of islip.

TTC#3

CP 2/14

imageimage

All welcome

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards