Secondary IF

Hi everyone!

Im new around here, my name is Ashley and I have one beautiful son named Henry. He was our miracle after 3 years of waiting when we went through primary IF and we are about to start treatment for baby #2, even though we have been ttc since January of last year. I got news in the Fall that we will never conceive without medical intervention and likely another surgery. With H it took 8 rounds + surgery + follistim/iui to get him. We are jumping straight to follistim this go 'round, since I refuse to take H into a fertility clinic but the nearest one is about an hour away. So I plan to stay with my local doctor who will monitor me with the follistim. So basically same protocol this time around, just without IUI. First time we had zero IF coverage, so it took quite a bit of debt to conceive our son(20k). I never thought that at the ripe old age of 26 I would be facing these things, alas it is my lot in life and all I can do is deal with it as best as I can. In December this past year we found out in the new year we would have full infertility coverage. Which is incredibly rare and a HUGE blessing. Our doctor has never had a patient with IF coverage, so its been a learning process trying to get everything authorized and what not. My diagnosis is reverse PCO and stage 3 endo as well as insulin resistance. When we got pregnant with H, I dropped 4 eggs. Only 1 took. Makes me nervous, but Im just gonna have faith that if it happened once, it can happen again! Looking forward to meeting you all, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask!
.Became a mama to my sweet little boy after 3 years of waiting and praying in October '12. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Miscarried twins from our first IUI cycle. D&C on August 14th, 2014
Second IUI cycle: BFP
Beta #1 (13dpiui): 74 Beta #2 (16dpiui): 505 Beta #3 (18dpiui): 1205
First Ultrasound- 6w2d 110BPM! Our baby has a heartbeat!!
BabyFruit Ticker
imageimage

Re: Hi everyone!

• Im trying to figure out how to change my avatar/signature! Im so sorry, I had no idea what they were til I posted.
    .Became a mama to my sweet little boy after 3 years of waiting and praying in October '12. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
    imageimage
  • Welcome and Good Luck!  (Also to change your siggy, click on the icon that looks like a head to the right and click preferences, it will take you to your account settings) 

• Loading the player...
  • edited March 2014
    Thanks for the welcome! I got the siggy changed, but my avatar is still my bump pic from Henry. However when Im in my settings, it shows the pic I uploaded. lol. Still looking around to see if I can find it! 

-ETA its still there. :/ Ok I am gonna check it again. 

BabyFruit Ticker
    imageimage
  • Welcome and good luck!

Me: 27 DH: 33
    Married 6 years
    Conceived DS after 4 years of MFI

TTC # 2 (not trying,not preventing ever)
    May 2013 - August 2013 Timed Intercourse = BFN
    September 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs=BFN
    October 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs, and "warming foods" = BFP
    Beta #1 19, Beta #2 18 Progesterone 4.6 Miscarried 11/9/13
    November 2013 - Benched, waiting for first post-loss AF.
    No longer benched per New RE/OB!
    Jan. 15 2014 - BFP. HCG 3900 - Ectopic :( 
    Jan. 16 2014 Left tube removed and D&C
    March 2, 2014 First AF

• Thanks for the welcome! I got the siggy changed, but my avatar is still my bump pic from Henry. However when Im in my settings, it shows the pic I uploaded. lol. Still looking around to see if I can find it! 

-ETA its still there. :/ Ok I am gonna check it again. 

You have to change your avatar pic, in the knot. 

• Thanks, I went in there and it looks the same. Blarg. Im sorry! 

BabyFruit Ticker
    imageimage
  • AHH! It worked! LOL oh my word.

BabyFruit Ticker
    imageimage
  • Welcome- I am new here too. Hope it all works out for u and glad you got coverage that is a big saving grace. We prob would not have been able to have our daughter if we were not covered.
  • Hi, good luck. 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hi there. I'm new to the group too. Good luck and hope you are not here very long. I'm sorry you have to use it but full coverage is AWESOME!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2 since 1/1/13

image    imageimage
  • Welcome! Good news is most people are in mobile and can't see siggies all the time ;) so awesome on the coverage!!! So medicated cycle of fotillism- where are you at in your cycle? Love your hair!!!
    January 2007- Stop BCP! Let's DO this!
    June 2010- MFI. BS. IVF! Ectopic. BS. image

November 2010- FAILED FET! BS!
    January 2011- BFP FET! TWINS!
    February 2011- lost twin. BS. image

SEPTEMBER 2011- DD Born! Most awesome girl in the world!

November 2013- FAILED FET! BS! (screw you November FETs)
    April Fresh Cycle, FAILED. Frozen embryos frozen for future FETs.
    FROZEN CYCLE JUNE! BFP
    BABY BOY VINCENT!

We can't wait to meet you!
    Conception:image
    imageimage Potato Love!

BabyFruit Ticker

• I love your hair too! Good luck and hopefully you're stay won't be long. I'm wondering where you are in your cycle?
    Carly
    (Former UN: iloveshanej)

Birdie born 05/01/2007
    Rainbow Surprise Baby due 05/26/2017                                          

Potato Launcher

• Welcome. IF sucks but you have a group of supportive people who are going through the same thing. Also, we tend to use acronyms like DS= dear son, DD=dear daughter! and DH=dear husband. Just saying something as when you referred to Henry as H I kept getting confused because my brain wanted to automatically make it Husband instead of Henry.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

DD conceived after 3 years of ttc.
    MFI - DH had varicocele repair and took Clomid to get DD b. 02/2010

TTC #2 since 6/2010
    10/2012 DH diagnosed with Epilepsy
    A few failed IUIs summer 2012 and 2013. 
    DH taking clomid and waiting to see if he needs another vericocele repair. 
    Hoping for a 2015 baby or babies. 
    Wishing, hoping, waiting.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm pretty new to this board as well. Welcome and good luck!
  • I am new here too, welcome! I am super envious your insurance covers fertility. Mine covers nothing
    :((
    Me: 36, DH: 36
    DH's SA = normal
    1 tube only wonder
    AFC 3-5, AMH 0.30

BFP #1 3/29/11.  EDD 12/4/11... Missed m/c 5/9/11. Cytotec fail. D&C 5/17/11.
    BFP #2   7/5/11.  EDD 3/14/12... Our rainbow Kellen born 3/14/12 via c/s.
    BFP #3 5/30/13.  EDD 2/8/14...  6wk u/s HB 126. 8wk u/s lost HB. D&C 7/12/13.
    BFP #4 2/18/14.  EDD 10/30/14... Ruptured ectopic with L tube removed & D&C 3/7/14.
    BFP #5 7/27/14.  EDD 4/9/15...  m/c @ 5w4d.

IVF #1    Oct 2014 - antagonist protocol: 9R, 7M, 5F. 3dt of 3 Grade 2 embies. BFN. 
    IVF #2    Jan 2015 cancelled due to dominant follicle.  Converted to IUI #1. BFFN
    IVF #2.1 March 2015 cancelled due to dominant follicle.

BFP #6  (SUPRISE!) 3/19/15.  EDD 11/30/15...  CP at 4w2d.
    IUI #2:    Clomid + Follistim = 3 follies. BFN.
    IVF #2.2 May 2015 - horrible response to micro lupron flare protocol: 3R, 3M, 3F. 3dt of 2 Grade 3 embies. BFFN. 

BFP #7 (beyond surprised again!) 4/26/16. EDD 1/5/17. beautiful betas!!!! and then near-fatal hemorrhagic corpus luteum. turns out baby was ectopic after all; another lap 5/6 (@24dpo).

the universe can fuck off.

"You are overly paranoid and delusional that every one is out to get you." -lastsliverofhope

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    all AL welcome. TTC #2 for 43 44 months.
    follow my infertility journey here at timestandsstillblog.com

• Momarazzi- That is good to know! haha! Is there a mobile app? They actually switched my meds to gonal-f because thats whats covered, Im on cd 3 now. My ultrasound to check for cysts is on Thursday! And thank you! I just did it a week ago and I LOVE it. 

Iloveshanej- I am cd 3 today! As long as Im cleared for cysts, I will be starting the shots on Friday. 

AprilDrew- you would never know that I used to be on the bump all the time LOL. I completely have forgotten all my acronyms. Im sure they will come back soon! Sorry for the confusion :D

Jodee37- Ours didnt cover anything with my son. It was a long 3 years and so much debt(that we are still paying off). Definitely an answered prayer that we didnt even know to pray! 

BabyFruit Ticker
    imageimage
  • Welcome!  And, fully covered is such a dream!  

If you have leftover meds from any of your cycles, you can look into donating them to the OOPMEDS program.  MM29 runs it….oopmedsprogram.blogspot.com  will give you all the info.  As someone who is out of pocket and has gotten some meds donated - it's such a help!  
    Trying for #2 with IVF after damage done in a D&C left me with one functioning (but too scarred) ovary and tube to get pregnant safely without assistance. It's a really, really long story, but that is the gist of it.  We have one daughter (whose c-section birth started this roller coaster) born in 2012 after a miscarriage in 2011. 
    Failed 1st attempt at IVF (Fresh ET day 3, 1 frozen embryo saved) in December 2013.  
    Failed 2nd attempt at IVF (Fresh ET day 5, 2 frozen embryos saved) in February 2014.
  • Hey,

I'm new on here too.  I've started looking into what our insurance covers.  Not a dang thing.  haha.  so jealous;)
  • Welcome!  And, fully covered is such a dream!  

If you have leftover meds from any of your cycles, you can look into donating them to the OOPMEDS program.  MM29 runs it….oopmedsprogram.blogspot.com  will give you all the info.  As someone who is out of pocket and has gotten some meds donated - it's such a help!  
    I absolutely will! Henry is a product from donated meds and we wouldn't have been able to have him without them! Definitely plan to pass on the blessing! :) 

BabyFruit Ticker
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"