Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

7.5 not babbling or imitating

Forgive me if this is a repetitive topic but I am worried about my baby! He grunts loudly all the time and vocalizes but does not use any consonants. I am hoping this is a precursor to babbling! I am always modeling the sounds for him and he looks intently at me and occasionally will move his tongue like he is going to try to talk but doesn't say anything. So he doesn't imitate sounds also. My DH did teach him how to give a high five so I guess he imitates motor movements but not speech? He also isn't crawling yet but I'm not too worried about that. He still has time to catch up. Anybody have a LO that is similar to my son? Any suggestions? Thanks so much!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 7.5 not babbling or imitating

• Options
    It sounds like your LO is on the right track. All babies develop differently and he is showing good signs like paying attention to you and mimicking your mouth movements (even though no sound is coming out) and I am assuming he is doing some babbling since you said he is vocal.

I would just keep encouraging speech- talk to him as much as you can- even explaining dressing him "We are putting your socks on" etc. 

If you're still not getting constants at 9 months I would talk to your pedi at your well visit and see if you need to do some further testing.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"