January 2014 Moms
Options

Working Moms! Tell me about your Morning Routine

Those of you back to work, tell me how your morning goes.  What time do you have to be at work/leave?  How early do you get up?  Do you wake LO up or do they wake up on their own?  Would love to hear from you!  
Our Baby Girl, Emma, changed our lives forever when she was born 12-19-13 <3

Re: Working Moms! Tell me about your Morning Routine

• Options
    I wake up at 5:15. DD usually wakes up with me, so I change and feed her. If DH isn't awake yet, she lays in the RNP in the bathroom while I shower/get ready. Then, I pack the remainder of our bags (pump parts, her bottles) and then change/dress her. I defrost a breakfast burrito from the freezer, brush my teeth, and we're out the door around 6:30. I drop DD off at the babysitter's house about 3 miles away and drive next door to the school I work at. I'm so lucky the sitter is so close to work!

I do a lot of prep the night before, too. I wash bottles/pump parts, pick out both our outfits, pack my lunch, fill her bottles, etc. This allows me a little extra time in the morning in case of a blow out or if extra nursing time is needed.

• Options
    I am a teacher. I have to be there by 815 but want to be there by 730 to get ready for the day. I wake up at 5am, shower if LO is still asleep, nurse her, she usually goes back to sleep and then I get her daycare stuff ready and get myself ready which usually takes 30-45 min. Then wake her up around 615, get her dressed for daycare and nurse her again and usually out the door around 7 or 730.

Married June 2010.
    DD born 1/13 via Csection at 41w5d after 47 hours of labor

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Good question... I am a teacher also going back to work in two weeks and I am already nervous about our new morning routine.
  • Options
    I'm up at 5:15 and usually LO is up right when my alarm goes off. I nurse him, change him and then put him back to bed. We are lucky that my mom watches him at the house so I don't have to get him ready. I then get bottles filled and get ready for work. I usually have plenty of time before I leave at 6:25. My mom shows up at 6 and we talk for a bit before I leave. I also do a lot of prep work the night before...lunch is made, all my pump equipment is packed and coffee programmed.
  • Options
    Most days I work at 8:30 and DH and I ride together. I feed the baby around 7, while DH gets the older two their breakfast. While they're eating, he gets dressed. Once they're done and LO is done nursing, DD1 dresses herself while DH dresses DS and DD2. This is when I get myself ready and get day care things together. We're out the door by 8:15. I work at the day care, so I throw on jeans or yoga pants and a simple top and it's only one trip.

• Options
    I think it will go like this once we all have to be out the door by 740am [that starts next week]:

6-620am: get ready for the day [shower/change/grab a quick bite to eat]
    620-715am: focus on DD [eat, pump, change]
    715-730am: battle with DS to wake up, get changed and pee
    730-740am: let him grab a snack while I get the car started and get us loaded up

We really need to be out the door by 740am so I can get them both dropped off before I have to be at work, but we'll see how that goes the first few weeks. I really hope that waking up at 6am is early enough to get ready and get the morning going. I might move my pumping time to when I get to work. Sigh.
    ________________________________________________________________________________

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have to be at work at 7:30. DH gets up at 5. DS gets up some time between 4 and 530. He eats. I change him and get him ready to go

Then I wash my face, brush my teeth, do makeup and get dressed (I shower when I get home from work).

Start my car at 6:15 and throw the RNP in the trunk. Rush around to fill the bottles, dump dirty bottles from overnight. Flip the cushions on the couch/put the pet protector on so pup only goes on the one cushion.

We try to leave for MIL's by 6:25. But DS usually has other ideas and we don't get out the door to closer to 640. That and no matter how much I prep the night before, I inevitably have to make three trips out to the car/back into the house.

I have to leave MILs by 7:15 to make it to work on time and not be worried about getting pulled over on the way.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

BFP #1 8/1/11, MMC 10/5/11, D&C 11/1/11
     BFP #2 5/28/13, EDD 1/17/14. Elliott - 12/31/13
  • Options
    I work at 7am. DS wakes up around 5:45am every morning so I feed and change him. Lay him back down in his crib and go let the dogs out and get them their food. I get ready and am out the door around 6:45am. DH gets up with DS when he starts to fuss, changes him and takes him to his mom who watches him for us. DH has his own business so it's nice we have some wiggle room in the am.

• Options
    runnergrl6675runnergrl6675 member
    edited March 2014
    I pack the car the night before with my pump and workout clothes. I also get the coffee maker ready as coffee is critical in the AM Edited to add I lay out all our clothes the night before.

530 wake up and shower (hair washed day before)
    Nurse baby and feed and change her. Put on makeup and straighten hair while baby watches.
    645 wake DS up and get him ready. Turn on Sprout so he's occupied.
    715 out the door for our 15 minute ride to daycare
    800 arrive at work

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Going back to work in 4 weeks. This is what I envision: 

Mon/Wed/Fri: 
     - Wake at 6am, shower, get ready somewhat
     - 6:30am Nurse DD2, change diaper and clothes (maybe)
     - 6:50am lay DD2 down to kick around while I finish getting ready
     - 7:00ish make breakfast and eat with DD1 if she is up
     - 7:30/7:40 out the door

Tues/Thurs:
     - Wake at 4:15, pump and go to Crossfit at 5am
     - Return home about 6:15, and follow same routine as above

I plan to have my lunches made, pump cleaned and ready to go and breastmilk ready for DD2 the night before. My SIL is coming to the house to watch the girls, so that makes my life a lot easier for the next few months. I am a teacher, so I will have her come watch them through July (I teach summer school) and then I need to decide where to go from there! DD1 used to go to Daycare, and getting her out the door alone was always a nightmare. We shall see! 

• Options
    bethughkneebethughknee member
    edited March 2014
    I try to drop DD off at daycare as close to opening as possible. They open at 7, I have to be at work at 8 and DC traffic is a hot mess.

I wake up at 5:30, pack all the pump parts, put her bottles in a cooler and into her daycare bag with anything she needs for the day, pack up my lunch, and put all those bags by the stairs. H puts them in my car for me on his way out the door since I carry DD in her seat and that's already bulky.

While I pack that stuff I usually have a small bowl of cereal. I used to eat breakfast at work but if I don't eat before leaving the house I get almost no milk when I AM pump and I feel like I'm going to pass out by the time I get to work.

Then I get dressed and do my makeup and touch up my hair (I shower at night and have dry hair so it only needs washing every 3-4 days). By that time H is up so I talk to him for a sec. He leaves around 6:15/6:20AM. I usually have to poop first thing in the AM. I did the whole time on leave I think because my body knew it was NOW OR NEVER. Sorry if that's TMI haha.

I wake up DD at 6:30, snuggle and let her stretch, change her, get her dressed, let her nurse for however long (it's usually 25 min on one side) then we get in the car and head to daycare. I pump the other side on the way to work.

Married: 9.22.12 - DD: 1.7.14 - EDD 2: 10.30.17 - J14 OG
  • Options

This is my first week back. I am so thankful DS2 is a quick, efficient nurser. DS1 took a whole hour, at least, to nurse each time, Luckily DS2 can be done in typically a half hour max. This time around I will have a longer commute though, so this is how we roll for the time being:

Breastmilk for daycare & bottles washed/ready night before.

4:30am - I wake & shower. (I am not a morning person, so I have to allow myself an hour to get ready to include time for when I find myself aimlessly staring into space & not moving. If I am alert by chance, it is bonus time for me not to feel rushed for once)

5:30am - wake DS2 to nurse & get dressed. Then he gets to go play in the living room.

6am - wake DS1 (2 yr old) & get him dressed, teeth brushed, face washed, etc. (Waking him & getting him to move in the mornings is a PITA.) Lucky to have DH helping a bit these last coupole mornings & til he goes back to work in May-ish.

6:30 - tentative try for time to be out the door on our way to day care, but this typically ends up closer to 6:45 because of DS1's tantrums.

I'm working from home this week, but starting next week will be commuting to the office which is a 30-40 min drive. I try to be there as close to 7am as I can, but it is often as late as 7:30. Luckily I don't have set hours. I am simply expected to get my 8 hours in each day.

All the above dependant on DS2 staying asleep til at least 5:30 :)

My 2 December boys

• Options
    My husband and I take turns cleaning and making the bottles the night before.
    6:30 am - Feed DS/Change Diaper
    7:00 am - I ususally shower at this time
    7:15 am - Husband leaves for work
    7:15 - 7:45 am  - I continue to get ready and get the diaper bag ready
    7:45 am - Leave to drop off DS at sisters house

Pregnancy Ticker

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"