LGBT Parenting
Options

Ten Things Tuesday!

It just so happens to be Tuesday again, folks. You know what that means -- please share with us 10 things that are on your mind today (about anything and everything!). PIPs (pictures in post) are always welcome. Ready, set, go! :)

Me - 30, My wife - 31 , Together for 10 yrs - Married August 2012

5 medicated IUIs w/ RE (March - July 2013) = BFN

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********

Re: Ten Things Tuesday!

• Options
    KH826KH826 member
    edited March 2014

1. Today is my last day of my 20s.

2. Today I am also 29 weeks pregnant.

3. This morning I took my first iron pill (found out I was anemic yesterday). What I am about to say is gross, so stop reading if you don't want to hear it HAHA... I took the pill about an hour ago and since then I have been burping up a metallic taste in my mouth. It is really gross.

4. I also started taking Zantac last night. I have had really killer heartburn for months, but have just been managing it with tums as needed... well at my OB appointment yesterday my wife staged a little mini intervention at the end and asked my OB to please convince me to take something stronger b/c she knows I am suffering with the heartburn and it seems to be getting worse and keeping me up at night. My OB convinced me to start taking 75mg of Zantac in the morning and at night to prevent heartburn. I took it last night before dinner, and it really made a difference. I took another one this morning. I am one who really likes to avoid "taking a bunch of pills," but at this point, I am just going to do what I need to do.

5. I did NOT sleep well last night, and for the first time in a while I can't blame it on heartburn. I am not sure what I can blame it on specifically. But I was wide awake from 2am-4:45am and then my alarm went off at 5:15am and jolted me out of a deep sleep that I had just settled into about 30 mins before. Great. I am feeling mega tired this AM. Oh well...

6. I am excited because our new Wednesday thread (What's for dinner Wednesday?) is sort of inspiring me to keep cooking dinner even though I am starting to feel like I have no interest in doing ANYTHING other than flopping on the couch after work. I even remembered to take a picture of dinner last night. I know what I am making tonight too, and plan to take a pic of that as well for my post on Wednesday. I like the idea of being able to share a couple of healthy-ish things I have cooked throughout the week in that check-in, so I think that thread is actually going to help to keep me motivated and accountable as far as cooking goes. At least for a few more weeks! :)

7. I made the mistake of sharing all my updates from my OB appointment yesterday (including the fact that it is estimated that I am growing a pretty large baby at the moment -- see my pregnancy check-in post, I won't rehash here) with my mom over the phone last night. My mother's response... (my youngest sister L was 9lb3oz, and my mom had her naturally w/o meds) "Oh gosh, I could barely sit down, let alone walk, after I had L. Good Luck with that!" ... Seriously?!?! THAT is what she thought best to say to me in that moment?

8. I am kind of obsessed with watching news coverage of the missing Malaysian Airlines plane. I don't know why. I had hours of CNN coverage on playing in the background over the weekend while I was doing other things around the house. Last night I switched CNN on again to see if there were any new updates... my wife's head just about spun off "Really!?!? How many more times can you listen to them say the same thing?!?!" Then she started mimicking the reporters and it was actually really funny and I couldn't stop laughing. I feel badly that I was laughing, because really it is a tragic situation. Some of the coverage of it though is getting kind of comical. At any rate, I am still kind of obsessed with it, for unknown reasons...

9. I feel for the folks who are at a crossroads in their TTC journeys right now... some needing to take a break, others needing to evaluate where to go from here... I still read the TTC check-in every week, and I always want to offer my support to so many of you, but it just never seems appropriate. At any rate, I am wishing everyone well and hoping for the best for all of those who are still struggling. All I can say is that the pregnancy check-in is filled with lots of amazing folks who fought very hard to get there, and I hope that those of you who are still TTC will join those ranks in the near future. Hugs to all that need them!

10. Can I just start maternity leave now?!?! HAHA - I am kind of over this whole day-job thing for the time being. Great, thanks!

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********
  • Options
    @KH826 after leaving the hospital from delivering Brynlee I was very anemic and was told to start taking iron all the time.  Once I told me midwife I was a vegetarian she suggested taking Floravital it is a plant based liquid iron supplement that doesn't cause constipation.  I have been mixing it in a glass of orange juice cause the citric will help you absorb the iron even more.  Just a suggestion if you aren't liking the side affects of the iron pills. 

Me: 30  DP: 30

TTC#1

IUI#1 9/26/13 BFN

IUI#2 10/26/13 BFP beta #1 99 #2 456

2/20/2014 Brynlee Madeline is taken too soon at 19weeks she was perfect

IUI#3 6/10/14 BFP beta #1 276 beta #2 722 20w A/S shows we are having a girl

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    KH826KH826 member
    @KH826 after leaving the hospital from delivering Brynlee I was very anemic and was told to start taking iron all the time.  Once I told me midwife I was a vegetarian she suggested taking Floravital it is a plant based liquid iron supplement that doesn't cause constipation.  I have been mixing it in a glass of orange juice cause the citric will help you absorb the iron even more.  Just a suggestion if you aren't liking the side affects of the iron pills. 
    Thank you! I am definitely going to look into that!

• Options
    1. For those that read my parenting check in yesterday, I am going to do my best to be positive and turn things around :-)  Today will be a better day
    2. For the first time in years, I did nothing for St Patrick's day and I am perfectly happy with that!  I am part Irish, but I am not a fan of some of the traditional meals and I wasn't drinking green beer, obviously.  
    3. I am so very thankful that the girls mostly slept thru the night.  I woke up once with K and just gave her a paci and she went back to sleep.  I think she woke up sometime around 530 when my wife got up for work and she fed her.
    4. I think that K is going thru some attachment issues, anytime I leave the room she freaks out.  She also has been super fussy the last two days and this is abnormal for her.  She wants to be held by me all the time, which is not usual for her.  She usually wants to roll around and play on the floor most of the day. 
    5. I cannot believe I am 4 months pregnant today.  I am pretty sure I say this each week, lol
    KH826, happy early birthday!  I remember my 30th birthday.  I got super drunk and was hungover for two days.  I spent those two days on the couch crying because of how sick I was and the fact I was 30.  I hope you take it better than I did :-)
    7. My sisters birthday is this weekend and she is going to be 35,  That is crazy!  We are only two years apart and I don't feel old enough to have a sister that is 35!  Which also means my birthday is only a few weeks away and I am going to be 33.  I just keep getting older, but not wiser :-(
    8. I am thinking of getting out of the house today, just because.   I rarely take the girls out by myself unless we have an appointment.  It seems we usually have a few a week, so I don't go anywhere on the days we don't HAVE to go anywhere.  But we need to get out and have fun just because more!  I think we all have cabin fever.
    9. I love listening to baby K babble these days, only until she starts screeching.  It hurts my ears after awhile.  But she is so cute while doing it!
    10. Spring is only a few days away according to the calender, that means nothing to the weather in Ohio that is always unpredictable.  I am hoping for warmer weather soon!!! 
    T & G My wife and I married 9/10/11 in Niagara Falls, NY
    HSG 12/12/12        
    #1 ICI 12/15/12              BFN on 12/29/12
    #2 ICI  1/11/13                BFN 1/28/13                       
    #3 ICI 2/11/13                 BFN

#4 ICI August 2013,  Clomid 100mg    BFN on 8/30/13 
    #5 ICI September-Clomid 100,  mg ICI 8/15 and 8/16,  BFN on 9/3
    #6 ICI October-Clomid 150 mg for 5 days   BFN 10/27
    uterine laparoscopy on 11/14-no endo or cysts
    #7 IUI December-Clomid 150mg    BFP 12/21
    12/23 Beta 51     12/26 Beta 209!
    First ultrasound on January 8th 2014-great healthy heartbeat
    Second Ultrasound January 23 (8 weeks) we got to see and hear the heartbeat
    Third Ultrasound Feb 4th(10 weeks), then will  released to OBGYN'
    It's a GIRL!
    We welcomed Adalyn Cooper Elizabeth on 8/29/14
    She was 7lbs 11oz and 19.6 inches long

Proud foster parents to two little girls ages 2.5 yrs old, M,  and 1 year old, K

• Options
    1. We watched the "Veronica Mars" movie last night. It was very enjoyable. I do think VM is better served by a season-long story/mystery arc (the movie's mystery wasn't as complicated as I'm used to), but I am definitely glad they made the movie. It was fun!

2. I'm meeting with one of my dissertation committee members to talk about where I am with things, what I'm going to do next, and what we should do about the fact that my supervisor is moving to San Francisco.

3. I ordered a coffee morning with cream and splenda and didn't open it until I was mostly home. At that point I realized they'd given me a tea. It was way too much cream and sweeetner for a tea. I had to throw it out.

4. We are 7w6d today! Tomorrow our Rockies are supposed to be the size of a raspberry! I love raspberries

5. This weekend we stopped in a baby store that was on our way for other errands and looked at the city mini gt double stroller by baby jogger. It's the one that we have heard great things about. We're not buying a stroller at this point, but we're trying to wrap our minds around what all we'll need for a twin pregnancy. @Manada was surprised by how big/wide it was and I was surprised by how sleek it was. I guess I'd psyched myself out about how huge double strollers are. People talk about how easy they are to fold up, but I was shocked by it. It really is extraordinarily easy!

6. I love the fruit pregnancy tickers, but I decided to change my when I realized that the wording above it was singular (Baby's the size of a blueberry) and that I couldn't change it to twins. I don't want to send the universe any signs that we only want one and I don't want to confuse people who are looking at my signature to learn what's going on.

7. If anyone is looking for a heartwarming short video to watch, I recommend this one titled "Physicist rejoices as he learns his Big Bang theory is correct"

8. Frannie (the dog) slept all day yesterday and now she's full of beans even though I took her for a nice walk this morning.

9. Since we got the news that we're expecting twins, M and I have decided we can't/shouldn't go on a (even moderately) expensive vacation (Florida, Mexico, etc.). Also, we are having trouble finding travel medical insurance that will cover a twin pregnancy (since they're considered high risk) so we may not be able to go to the U.S. at all (well more than a couple hours from the border). So we are looking at renting a cottage at a lesbian-owned cottage community for 4 days in April.

10. I want to be at the cottage now!
    ****loss discussed*****

We're queer. I'm 33, have severe stage 4 endo, and had both fallopian tubes removed. My love ("Manada" on the boards, 32) was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve. We did Partner IVF (my eggs, her uterus). We lost our twins Tavin and Casey at 21 weeks gestation.

Our IUIs
    with @Manada: IUI# 1-7 (December 2012- September 2013) all BFN. Tried natural, femara, clomid, puregon/follistim, clomid and menopur combo, both the ovidrel and HCG triggers.

Our IVFs:
    IVF #1 my eggs November/December 2013: Cancelled IVF due to poor response

IVF #2 my eggs/Manada's uterus January/February 2014
    BCPs and lupron overlap Stimmed: 1/22-2/2: Bravelle and Menopur (dosage ranged from B300 and M150 to B375 and M150 to B300 and M225)
    2/4 retrieved 10 eggs. Endo was much worse than expected. Only 3 eggs fertilized; February 7 transferred two day 3 embryos, froze one. All great condition.
    BFP eve of 6dp3dt; Beta 1 (11dp3dt): 110; Beta 2 (13dp3dt): 175; Beta 3 (15dp3dt): 348; Beta 4 (19dp3dt): 2222; Beta 5 (21dp3dt): 4255
    1st ultrasound (3/6  6w 1d): TWINS!!!! Twin A measuring 6w1d with a heartbeat of 118bpm. Twin B measuring 6w0d with a heartbeat of 113bpm. 

***July 18, 2014 we lost our beautiful babies at 21 weeks gestation. They were born too early. Tavin Sara T. and Casey Elizabeth T. are beautiful and precious and we will love them and miss them forever.***

FET #1 December 2014
    Intralipid infusion on Dec 10. Transfer of 1 day 3 nine-cell embryo into my uterus on Dec. 19. (acupuncture immediately before and after)
    BFP on Dec. 27; Beta 1 Jan 2 (14dp3dt): 665, Beta 2 Jan 4 (16dp3dt): 1859, Beta 3 Jan 6 (18dp3dt): 4449, Beta 4 Jan 10 (22dp3dt): 12,251.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    Hello everyone! I hope your week is going well!

1. The sunny weather is really helping my mood but when it gets gloomy out it is affecting me a lot harder than usual. I do think I have a bit of seasonal affect disorder (I guess most people do) but this drastic change in weather is getting pretty old pretty quick.

2. I have been driving a lot more lately which means I get to listen to more NPR. It makes me really happy.

3. I have started watching another little boy 2 days a week. He is cute but he cries for most of the day. I know that some kids are like this but it is such a drastic change for my niece (who I watch full time) it has been a hard adjustment. I think its also hard for him because he is here on mondays and fridays so he has 2-3 days to forget he likes being here...I'm sure it will get easier.

4. My wisdom teeth have been slowly coming in for several years now. Recently one has been bothering me really bad and I don't have dental insurance...Hopefully this will fix itself soon...until then its lots of mouthwash and brushing my teeth constantly.

5. I'm with @kh826 and I am loving the new wednesday check in! We have been really trying to cook at home more and the new recipe ideas are awesome!

6. I am also excited about the new induced lactaction and gender open parenting threads that will be starting soon. I think some new check-ins can really help our little community.

7. I am pretty happy to be a moderator of this board now. I know that everyone is pretty good in this group but its nice to know that we have some power should someone pop in and cause any trouble or should we need some help.

8. C started the new job this week and is loving it! I am a little jealous because it is in the field I used to work in (and loved) but I am so happy for C and for our family because this job is going to be so great for us.

9. We will hopefully have our newest IUI this week. This will make try #10. I am feeling oddly weird about this try. Not really nervous, not really anxious...just calm. I am sure this will change as the rollercoaster of TTC emotions are unpredictable but for now I appreciate the calm.

10. I really really dislike sports. C is a pretty big college sports fan BUT this time of year (march madness) with college basketball I like to fill out a bracket and watch a FEW games. This year EKU (where I got my undergrad) is in the tournament and I am pretty pumped about that.

Have a good day everyone!

Queer coupled and having a BABY with the love of my life! Love my life and wouldn't have it any other way!
    First IUI 1/22/2013 BFN: 2/7/2013, Second IUI 2/21/2013 BFN: 3/9/2013, Third IUI 4/23/2013 BFN: 5/8/2013, Fourth IUI 5/24/2013 BFN: 6/7/2013, Fifth IUI 6/24/2013 BFN: 7/8/2013

C began IUI's
    7/23/2013 C's first IUI BFN, 8/21/2013 C's second IUI BFN , Took a break in September and October, 11/05/2013 C's 3rd IUI (TWW...we meet again...) BFN, Took off the month to switch to an RE. 01/01/2014 C's 4th IUI...BFP!!!!!!!! Beta #1- 17, Beta #2- 34, Beta #3-140....  6W Ultra-Sound Reveals nothing in Gestation Sack... Natural M/C at 7W, 2/3/2014

03/21/2014 IUI #10...BFP!!! Beta #1- 48, Beta #2- 416, Beta #3- 1018. GROW BABY GROW!!!

1st Ultrasound 4/22/2014 Baby Squints is PERFECT! Measuring at 6w2d with a heartbeat of 129. EDD: 12/12/14.

Ultrasound at 18 weeks on 7/14/2014. Baby is healthy and growing just as she should!

Check out my blog at: http://journeytoparenthoodandmakingmilk.blogspot.com/

• Options
    1.  Our families are so excited for twins it's amazing.  They're just bouncing off the walls with their excitement.  

2.  I've concluded that I need to sell the beautiful, loved road bike I bought at an end-of-season sale in 2012 and have barely ridden.   It's gorgeous, and a perfect, beautiful fast ride, but I can't imagine riding it this spring and bending over a road bike while pregnant, nor can I imagine it being a good candidate to put a baby seat on.  Looks like I'm in the market for a townie or a cruiser now.   My how things have changed.

3.  My general productivity in life and at work has been cut at least in half, and sometimes more depending on the day and my food intake.   It's a struggle!   I'm fighting it today and trying to get some serious work in before my need to sleep takes over this afternoon and my day grinds to a halt!

4.  We looked at the stroller we want yesterday, I am shocked at how big it is!  I'm never going to be able to ride public transit again!   (I'm kidding, I'm perfectly happy having H. drop me off at work every day!)

5.  I wish I had an extra day each week just to catch up on household chores!  I'm so tired after work I'm neglecting any tidying, laundry or other stuff I might initiate myself, and our house really is suffering for it.

6.  I'm trying to navigate booking us a cottage weekend plus vacation time off work for me!     It's tricky because we're navigating around rental and getting approval from my bosses!

7.  I've been coveting a pair of Hunter rain boots for the spring.  If I sell my bike this week I might just buy myself a pair in time for our little vacation ;)

8.  Confession:  H. and I are both pretty committed to raising our kids in a gender open way.   And yet, at the same time, I find myself considering how much I want to know the sexes of our twins pre-birth.   I do find myself actually wanting to know - part of that is because I don't want it to be such a big deal to find out when they're born (and have that be the MAIN thing), but also part of it is because I'm curious......     I'm doing a lot of reflection on that these days and what that means for my own internalized ideas about gender.

9.  I gotta go soon, taking our Admin Assistant out for lunch today because it's her birthday!   (She did it for me on my bday so I'm repaying the favour).

10.  We're not supposed to go see the Dr again until next week for a check on the Rockies........ and yet I sort of want to see them again and make sure they're still kicking....  I'm going to have to get used to just trusting that they're still there and still growing....   and then we'll get a home doppler ;)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    queer couple - 32 (me) & 33 (my love) years old - donor sperm,

Our IF/TTC journey since Nov 2012.

Me: dx of DOR in Nov. 2012. Low AMH, AFC - 6, Normal FSH, SS-A (RO) Antibodies (Autoimmune issues), tubes clear, Sono (November 2013) NORMAL! <p>

7 IUI's - December 2012-September 2013.  Medicated, Injected, Triggered.... all BFN.

My Love:  (the amazing @Healz413)
    Normal AMH & FSH, AFC ~27, blocked tube dx'd via HSG in 2012.   Hydrosalpinx & ovarian cyst dx'd in May 2013.
    dx of Stage IV Endo & bilateral salpinectomy in June 2013.  

Partner IVF#1a- December 2013 - H's eggs, my Ute - CANCELLED due to low response
    Partner IVF #1b - February 2014 - H's eggs, my Ute - ER February 4 (10 retrieved, 3 fertilized), Transfer Feb 7 of one Grade 1 and one Grade 2 day 3 embryos.  1 - Day 3, Grade 1 frosty saved.   BFP - 6dp3dt via FRER, Beta #1 - 110, Beta #2 175, Beta #3 - 348, Beta #4 - 2222!, Beta #5 - 4255.  Ultrasound (6w1d) - 2 heartbearts!  

We lost our beautiful Twin baby girls on June 18, 2014.  Tavin Sara and Casey Elizabeth were born at 21 weeks gestation and were absolutely beautiful, precious, amazing babies.  We miss our daughters every day and love them with all our hearts.

• Options
    1. I am officially signed up for childbirth class on May 10th. Eek!!!

2. My wife's family is very Irish-American and always has corned beef and cabbage and her grandmother's Irish soda bread on St. Patrick's Day. We didn't make any this year and now we're regretting it (especially the soda bread, which I love). I think we're going to celebrate St. Patrick's Day later this week.

3. I love feeling Mr. Baby move, but sometimes it is very distracting. Especially at work. He is bopping around behind my belly button as I write this.

4. I am working on a hideous work project that is starting to get a lot less hideous. Win!

5. A painter is coming to our house tomorrow to give us a quote on the nursery. I really hope we can swing it because this is the type of project that will take us forever to get done if we are left to our own devices.

6. I need to find a new eyebrow waxer.

7. Day #2 of eating more responsibly is going well!

8. Ataulfo mango season is here. Yay!

9. Right now I am planning on going to the gym tonight after work, and hoping I don't lose my motivation. I've just been doing one day of walking on the treadmill per week plus one yoga class per week, and I feel like I need more exercise. It's second trimester, I'm not huge, I feel fine -- no good excuse not to. I'd rather walk outside but it's still pretty cold.

10. @ATXMommas, I am reading the BLW book right now. Early I know, but I was planning on making (pureed) baby foods, so I registered for some little freezer cubes to store it. Then I thought that if I wanted to do BLW, I should take them off my registry. So I picked the book up at the library and I am most of the way through. Would love to chat with you about it and anyone who has actually tried it -- I think I remember someone mentioning it. @JGY maybe?
    Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @ball.and.chain-- I just noticed that your baby is the size of a grapefruit! That strikes me as totally big and wonderful!

As for baby-led weaning, @atxmommas, our friend does BLW with her now 1 year old (and has since 6 months old) and it seems to be working really well. I get the impression that it's less work for the parents in terms of food prep and the baby loves it.
    ****loss discussed*****

We're queer. I'm 33, have severe stage 4 endo, and had both fallopian tubes removed. My love ("Manada" on the boards, 32) was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve. We did Partner IVF (my eggs, her uterus). We lost our twins Tavin and Casey at 21 weeks gestation.

Our IUIs
    with @Manada: IUI# 1-7 (December 2012- September 2013) all BFN. Tried natural, femara, clomid, puregon/follistim, clomid and menopur combo, both the ovidrel and HCG triggers.

Our IVFs:

BCPs and lupron overlap Stimmed: 1/22-2/2: Bravelle and Menopur (dosage ranged from B300 and M150 to B375 and M150 to B300 and M225)
    2/4 retrieved 10 eggs. Endo was much worse than expected. Only 3 eggs fertilized; February 7 transferred two day 3 embryos, froze one. All great condition.
    BFP eve of 6dp3dt; Beta 1 (11dp3dt): 110; Beta 2 (13dp3dt): 175; Beta 3 (15dp3dt): 348; Beta 4 (19dp3dt): 2222; Beta 5 (21dp3dt): 4255
    1st ultrasound (3/6  6w 1d): TWINS!!!! Twin A measuring 6w1d with a heartbeat of 118bpm. Twin B measuring 6w0d with a heartbeat of 113bpm. 

***July 18, 2014 we lost our beautiful babies at 21 weeks gestation. They were born too early. Tavin Sara T. and Casey Elizabeth T. are beautiful and precious and we will love them and miss them forever.***

FET #1 December 2014
    Intralipid infusion on Dec 10. Transfer of 1 day 3 nine-cell embryo into my uterus on Dec. 19. (acupuncture immediately before and after)
    BFP on Dec. 27; Beta 1 Jan 2 (14dp3dt): 665, Beta 2 Jan 4 (16dp3dt): 1859, Beta 3 Jan 6 (18dp3dt): 4449, Beta 4 Jan 10 (22dp3dt): 12,251.

• Options
    KH826 said:
    Thank you! I am definitely going to look into that!
    I take it too - it tastes  little herby so I chase the little shot down with juice.  I doesn't cause constipation as much either (very thankful for that - LOL!!)
  • Options

1. Let's see how many of these I can get done before I have to get back to work.

2. Work has been super tough lately. Somebody I hired in December to lead one of the teams in my group got stolen back by his old department. So now I'm trying to do my job and his job until I can find a replacement.

3. Why is it so hard to find good, qualified people to hire? I had one position open up in July, filled it in December, then lost the new hire back to his old group, and another position that's been open since September. It's driving me crazy.

4. I really hope we're able to get a vacation scheduled for next month. I need one. We want to go to Puerto Rico, but we're waiting to find out when I ovulate this month so we're not out of town during ovulation next month.

5. I really wish my cycles were more regular. I usually ovulate between CD12 and CD 18, but I have ovulated as late as CD 22.  With that kind of range, you don't have to project out very far till every day is a potential ovulation day.

6.  I made a spreadsheet to block off days with potential IUI appointments. After 7/6, every day is a potential day right now. Makes it hard to plan. I hope I don't have to miss any months because I'm out of town for a trip.

7. I'm excited that @firstcomeslove2013 is our moderator now. It'll be nice to have someone with some power who's active on the board.

8. The gender-neutral/gender-open discussion that's been going on has been really interesting. My wife and I have already agreed not find out the sex of the baby before it's born so we can avoid too many gendered gifts. But I think our challenge will be accepting if our little one wants to be super girly, since my wife and I are not.

9. I hope I'll be a good enough mom that I won't be disappointed if our little one's first dream career is princess instead of scientist or engineer :)

10. All right, time to head to yet another meeting.

Me: 28 DW: 28

Together since 5/30/02. Married since 8/31/08

IUI#1 - 12/13/13 = BFN

IUI#2 - 1/22/14 = BFN

IUI#3 - 2/21/14 = BFN

IUI#4 - 3/23/14

• Options
    1. Kaden is exuberantly bouncing around the room.  He spent quite a few minutes reading library books to himself. I would hear "babble babble doggie doggie", as he flipped the pages of a book about a puppy.

2. I paid bills this morning - blah.

3. Our meeting with our midwife and friend R was yesterday afternoon.  She's so great.  My belly is measuring about 5 days ahead (with Kaden it was 7-10 days) so maybe we're having a smaller baby??  I love hearing the heartbeat with the fetal-scope, we even let Kaden listen.  Other than that I got in trouble for my diet which doesn't involve enough protein.  As R reminded me, protein aids the growth and health of the placenta.  I'm under about 3 servings a day... So diet changes are imminent.  Supposedly the health of the placenta has been linked to closer to full-term birth.

4. We are taking a labor/birth refresher class on 4/19.  It's going to involve a morning session for the expectant 2nd time parents and an afternoon session where we bring the kids in and talk about birth and babies. Our midwife is giving the class in Berkeley, CA.

5. My sister-in-law texted me their most recent Beta results approx. 8300, from 3300.  I'm super excited for them.  And for us, and our kids.  The fact that they are pregnant (and our closest near-by family) has us thinking about where we want to be in 2 years.  I love living in the town where EV works but the median home price is 1.4M, so it looks like unless we win the lottery we're going to have to look into moving elsewhere (in the future). Right now I think we're committed to staying put.  Our landlords may buy another house in June (we looked at one collectively last week, but it was too much of a fixer).  If we find something they want to invest in with or without us, we might considering moving in the coming year(ish).

6. I have so many things on my to do list for today, from going to the gym and homework to working on the garage and grocery shopping.  It's 10:14 and I am still in my robe (its cold in here today!).  At least I paid the bills...

7. I love the new Wednesday check in, I can't wait to brag about a recipe @ATXMommas gave me. Yummmm!!!

8. EV is going to Las Vegas in July for work, so we're planning on heading down the weekend before (right around our 10 year wedding anniversary) with both kiddos and having a mini-vacation.  The bonus is that hotel costs will be partially subsidized later that week.  I'm super excited. I love Vegas.  Neither of us gamble.  But I looove buffets, and shows and all the lights and excitement.

9. Kaden is now rolling along the whole length of the couch, he climbs over an arm and then rolls down the pillow to the other side.  Also  lately he came up with this game where he closes his eyes and walks around blind, touching and feeling things.  It's something I used to do as an older kid - its so cute to watch.  He's so into experiential living,something EV and I can totally get behind.  It makes us crack up.

10. OK, maybe a cup of black tea to get motivated.

• Options
    1. @KH826 - there are plenty of iron rich food other than red meat! IAnother way to increase iron is to cook in a cast iron skillet. And Happy Birthday!

2. A promotional opportunity has opened up at work. I'll try to make a long story short - my previous boss retired last June. Her director level position was posted, I interviewed, and was selected - but, then, her boss decided to demote into that position after she herself conducted the interviews for it! It was a big blow at the time. She announced this week that she is retiring at the end of the month, and I have been asked to be the interim director until the position is filled. The big boss has indicated that it will be permanent if I want it (will still have to apply and interview for it). It's an honor - I think I would be the youngest director at my agency - but a little scary too!

3. Partly because of #2, the pace at work has been rapid. I've taken work home with me, but I spend almost 2 hours nursing LO between 6-8pm before he goes to sleep for the night. If I have any chance of resting well, I have to go to sleep pretty soon thereafter. Leaves me feeling a little anxious about how I'm going to keep up, but I feel confident I can make it work.

4. Got a pedicure on Saturday. Pretty toes make me happy! Plus, it's getting warmer, which means I can break out my open toed shoes! It's the little things....

5. Less than 3 weeks before my mom and stepdad are back for a visit! So excited.

6. LO will be 4 months on Friday! We have 4-month we'll check next Thurs. We're having so much fun with him.

7. I really want to take a trip to this summer. I'm thinking west coast - maybe CA to get legally hitched. Z and I need to get on the ball and start planning if we're going to make it happen.

8. So, I don't know how I will feel in another 8 months, but I'm kinda thinking I want to BF longer than a year. 12 months has been my goal, but I wonder if either of us will be ready to wean by then. I want to TTC again when LO is around a year and I think (though I'm not sure) that Femara is contraindicated while BF... Lots of time to think about it, I've just caught myself a little off guard with thinking I might BF for longer than a year.

9. @ball.and.chain - is it Baby-Led Weaning: The Essential Guide to Introducing Solid Foods - and Helping Your Baby to Grow Up a Happy and Confident Eater? I ordered it off Amazon, but haven't received it yet. @healz413 - yes, it does! It makes so much sense.

10. @jazibel - looking forward to hearing about the meal!
  • Options
    1. @KH826 - there are plenty of iron rich food other than red meat! IAnother way to increase iron is to cook in a cast iron skillet. And Happy Birthday!

2. A promotional opportunity has opened up at work. I'll try to make a long story short - my previous boss retired last June. Her director level position was posted, I interviewed, and was selected - but, then, her boss decided to demote into that position after she herself conducted the interviews for it! It was a big blow at the time. She announced this week that she is retiring at the end of the month, and I have been asked to be the interim director until the position is filled. The big boss has indicated that it will be permanent if I want it (will still have to apply and interview for it). It's an honor - I think I would be the youngest director at my agency - but a little scary too!

3. Partly because of #2, the pace at work has been rapid. I've taken work home with me, but I spend almost 2 hours nursing LO between 6-8pm before he goes to sleep for the night. If I have any chance of resting well, I have to go to sleep pretty soon thereafter. Leaves me feeling a little anxious about how I'm going to keep up, but I feel confident I can make it work.

4. Got a pedicure on Saturday. Pretty toes make me happy! Plus, it's getting warmer, which means I can break out my open toed shoes! It's the little things....

5. Less than 3 weeks before my mom and stepdad are back for a visit! So excited.

6. LO will be 4 months on Friday! We have 4-month we'll check next Thurs. We're having so much fun with him.

7. I really want to take a trip to this summer. I'm thinking west coast - maybe CA to get legally hitched. Z and I need to get on the ball and start planning if we're going to make it happen.

8. So, I don't know how I will feel in another 8 months, but I'm kinda thinking I want to BF longer than a year. 12 months has been my goal, but I wonder if either of us will be ready to wean by then. I want to TTC again when LO is around a year and I think (though I'm not sure) that Femara is contraindicated while BF... Lots of time to think about it, I've just caught myself a little off guard with thinking I might BF for longer than a year.

9. @ball.and.chain - is it Baby-Led Weaning: The Essential Guide to Introducing Solid Foods - and Helping Your Baby to Grow Up a Happy and Confident Eater? I ordered it off Amazon, but haven't received it yet. @healz413 - yes, it does! It makes so much sense.

10. @jazibel - looking forward to hearing about the meal!
  • Options
    @ATXmommas‌ - congratulations!!! I'm sure it will work, sounds like a great opportunity. :-)

@kh826 - happy last day of your 20's!! I think you'll love your 30's even more :-)
  • Options
    1.  I am feeling a little weird about posting since we are several months away from our first IUI, and have just started researching agencies for fostering, but alas, here I am...

2.  Thanks for having me  :)

3.  S has started to chart her ovulation, but had some snafus this month.  We are using a digital First Response as per our RE's recommendation.  Yesterday, S got 2 flashing symbols --  the pee stick and a open book with the pages flipping.  I assume this meant we should consult the pamphlet that came with the kit, but alas, we'd tossed it.  Ooops.

4.  I have learned from all of you that there are lots of other equally good - and less expensive - ovulation kits out there.   The RE recommended this one because it is so easy to interpret.  Ummmm, it seems that only applies to people who read the darn pamphlet!

5.  I am also TOTALLY fascinated with the Malaysian Air story.  WTheck!  So, 2 mysteries to be solved, not equally weighted- a) where is the plane, b) what happened on the pee stick?!  

6.  We are heading to Toronto this weekend for a much-needed getaway!  I can't wait... and I heard they grow great babies there.  Bonus = maple syrup!

5.   We fully intend to raise our child(ren) in a gender open home - S was raised on a farm doing manual labor and I teach gender studies, so we come to the same conclusion from different perspectives.   It sounds like we are not alone in the fear that we are going to have/raise the most stereotypically gendered kid ever!   Hello Toddlers and Tiaras...

6.  Interestingly (to me), we are less concerned with having a stereotypical boy than a stereotypical girl.  Much to unpack there!   

7.  My partner is the 1st person I have ever met who was born in the US and was taught explicitly that Santa Claus is a lie (word choice intentional).  She was raised in a very small and very religious community, where everyone shared this idea.  This could prove interesting in a large urban setting.

8.  While I most certainly would not be welcome in the religious community in which S was raised, I respect that it shaped who she is as an adult.  S is the most compassionate, generous and ethical person I have ever know, even if she does shit on Santa.

9.  We are going to hear Rosanne Cash tonight!  I alternate between wanting her to be my mom, and wanting to kiss her.   Confusing.

10.  I ran a half marathon on Sunday that I was ridiculously unprepared for, and now I am walking like an old man.  Totally worth it! 

• Options
    holdingThumbs  my wife and I are licensed foster parents and also are expecting our first bio baby in september.so it sounds like a similar journey as you and your wife.  It took us almost 9 months to get licensed and another 3 months to get our first placements.  Let me just tell you that it is not easy to be pregnant and have new ones in the house.  I am basically a new mother of two and one on the way, I am a little crazy and very exhausted!  I don't want to discourage you, just being honest :-)

T & G My wife and I married 9/10/11 in Niagara Falls, NY
    HSG 12/12/12        
    #1 ICI 12/15/12              BFN on 12/29/12
    #2 ICI  1/11/13                BFN 1/28/13                       
    #3 ICI 2/11/13                 BFN

#4 ICI August 2013,  Clomid 100mg    BFN on 8/30/13 
    #5 ICI September-Clomid 100,  mg ICI 8/15 and 8/16,  BFN on 9/3
    #6 ICI October-Clomid 150 mg for 5 days   BFN 10/27
    uterine laparoscopy on 11/14-no endo or cysts
    #7 IUI December-Clomid 150mg    BFP 12/21
    12/23 Beta 51     12/26 Beta 209!
    First ultrasound on January 8th 2014-great healthy heartbeat
    Second Ultrasound January 23 (8 weeks) we got to see and hear the heartbeat
    Third Ultrasound Feb 4th(10 weeks), then will  released to OBGYN'
    It's a GIRL!
    We welcomed Adalyn Cooper Elizabeth on 8/29/14
    She was 7lbs 11oz and 19.6 inches long

Proud foster parents to two little girls ages 2.5 yrs old, M,  and 1 year old, K

• Options

1. I am excited to meet with me MFM next week hopefully to get some answers as well as to figure out where we go from here.

2. R and I got cable in our new house and it is so distracting when there is still so much unpacking to be done.

3.  We set up the dresser in the nursery and unpacked all the clothes we had gotten for Brynlee, in the short time we knew we were having a girl we sure did get a lot of clothes.  I have already said next time I get pregnant I am not going to start planning anything until I am over 30 weeks.

4. TMI warning, I already got my period again which sucked cause I was bleeding almost 2 weeks after Brynlee arrived had a week off then started my period but it is also good because it means I should be able to try again in May.

5. The dogs are loving the much larger fenced in back yard at the new house, I on the other hand am worried that our escape artist Oliver will find a way out of the yard.

6. I feel like I am going to overdose on iron between the prenatal the doctor has me taking and the Floravital I am also taking.

7.  I've been spending so much time home with the animals it is hard coming up with 10 things.

8.  R and I are trying to decide what to have for dinner tonight.  She wants red meat which I don't eat so I am thinking a stir fry for me.

9.  I love having HGTV again!

10.  I'm ready for R to get home from work

Me: 30  DP: 30

TTC#1

IUI#1 9/26/13 BFN

IUI#2 10/26/13 BFP beta #1 99 #2 456

2/20/2014 Brynlee Madeline is taken too soon at 19weeks she was perfect

IUI#3 6/10/14 BFP beta #1 276 beta #2 722 20w A/S shows we are having a girl

• Options
    @ATXMommas - yes, that's the one.
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    *Everyone welcome*

• Options
    @healz413 - We got the Baby Jogger City Select and it is AMAZING! I highly recommend you look into it over the City Mini. That way you wouldn't have to get an additional click-and-go for when they are tiny. If you get the Britax B-Safe carseats, you can click both babies in in like 30 seconds! (Other carseats will work too, but the B-Safe is the easiest.) It's on the expensive side, but well worth every penny we paid. Either one of us could easily take them out by ourselves without extra help. Just a suggestion. :)
    Me: 31, Wife: 32 (met when we were 15)
    Married to my beautiful wife/baby mama on 07/07/07
    My brother is our KD
    5/2012: 5 cycles of at-home tries - BFN
    1/2013: 4 medicated IUIs - BFN
    6/2013: 1 IVF - BFP w/twin girls! Born 2/27/14!

• Options
    1. I can't stop staring at my beautiful children. I still can't believe I'm a mom.

2. They are a little less beautiful in the middle of the night when they turn into evil monsters. ;)

3. My wife developed a hematoma 2 weeks after the c-section and is in a lot of pain. They had to make a new incision to drain it, and it will have to stay open for 6 weeks. I am so bummed. I wish it were me.

4. I read a lot of stories about husbands having to learn how to repack the gauze in the open wound, and was scared to death that I would have to do it for the next 6 weeks. Thankfully, the nurse at the wound care clinic told us we can just keep coming back there. Whew!

5. I am so thankful that the in-laws moved over to our side of the state. They are over the moon in love with the babies and it has been so helpful!

6. Lexington has already grown out of her NB diapers. How the hell does it happen so fast?!? How do I slow down time?

7. Breast-feeding twins is a 24/7 task. I REALLY wish I had induced lactation now.

8. Buying baby crap is so much fun!

9. Twins are crazy expensive!

10. Baby socks are stupid. :)
    Me: 31, Wife: 32 (met when we were 15)
    Married to my beautiful wife/baby mama on 07/07/07
    My brother is our KD
    5/2012: 5 cycles of at-home tries - BFN
    1/2013: 4 medicated IUIs - BFN
    6/2013: 1 IVF - BFP w/twin girls! Born 2/27/14!

• Options
    healz413 said:
    @ball.and.chain-- I just noticed that your baby is the size of a grapefruit! That strikes me as totally big and wonderful!

Crazy, right?!?
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    *Everyone welcome*

• Options
    edited March 2014
    1. @KH826, I had a small steak in your honor (or, at least in response to your iron issue!) last night. I realized it was my first red meat since maybe December? @AXTMommas - the cast iron skillet is a great reminder! Thanks for that! I had an anemic veg friend who basically was back to normal once she started cooking everything in an iron skillet.

2. We aren't sure if Simone will recognize her name, or rather think her name is Manny (our cat). I think I say his name 100 times a day! I love him!!

3. I'm in a very content, happy phase.

4. My dad said about our baby and the Trisomy X, "I just have a peace about it Jenn, I'm not worried for her at all." Funny - my dad does NOT say shit like that. It warmed my heart a little.

5. I'm having a friend for dinner tomorrow night! Bring your A-game to the dinner post people! I don't know what to make :).

6. Our next-door neighbor (for 13 of the 14 years I've had my house) put it up for sale. Please, prayers for no yappy/barky dogs. This is my nightmare.

7. I wore this summery maternity dress today, over a long sleeve shirt with tights and boots. I felt like a 3-year-old in a romper. My sister said "oh no." Never a good sign. I really need to relent and go buy some maternity pants! @KH826, can you re-share that link to your faves with me?

8. Ok - please no hate on this one - but I'm not entirely clear on the whole gender-free/neutral/open parenting conversations. Our plan is to treat her as a little human, who happens to be a girl. We will unlikely dress her purposely as a boy - but J loves her 'uniform' - converse, jeans, t-shirts - and I can see Simone in that for sure. However, I also got her things that are 'girly' I guess. Because I'm kinda girly. And J nixed a bunch of boy clothes because they were 'too boy.' Now, that said, we are 100% not into the whole "princess culture" that seems to be the rage (and if you read up on it, is very damaging in a lot of ways). But our plan is to let her be her - and at the point she can point or choose an outfit, or a toy, let her choose - we'll get a feel for her preferences and adjust course as she implies. Is that wrong? Educate me! (p.s. I know this has lots more to it than clothing, it's just an example). I mean, for me, I am glad my mom dressed me as a cute little girl. I love pictures from that time! And, even though J is more boyish in her clothes now, she too loves her little girl(y) pics too. Sorry if I am/sound gender-clueless.

10. 18 weeks tomorrow! How did that happen??
    Lil'mamaz was born on Aug 21, 2014! She's PERFECT!

It's been a long road to here...
    Me (43) and J (45) - same sex couple. And we don't feel 40+!
    June'12 - First RE Visit
    Sept. '12 - Tubes removed
    Dec. '12 - Donor Egg/Donor Sperm IVF Cycle - 4 good embies!
    Dec. '12 - Fresh transfer, BFP! EDD 8/29/13
    Mar. '13 - Missed m/c at 16w1d, baby boy stopped growing at 15w4d
    Loss due to umbilical cord clot...baby was perfect. :(
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec.' 2, 2013 - FET#3 with our last chance embie - BFP!!!
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!
    EDD 8/20/14 with a baby girl!
    Little S was born on 8/21/14 - 8lb, 14 oz and 20 inches long.
    We live in Seattle and used SRM for our donor egg IVF cycle

imageimageimageimage

• Options

5.   We fully intend to raise our child(ren) in a gender open home - S was raised on a farm doing manual labor and I teach gender studies, so we come to the same conclusion from different perspectives.   It sounds like we are not alone in the fear that we are going to have/raise the most stereotypically gendered kid ever!   Hello Toddlers and Tiaras...

I'm doing my PhD in Women's and Gender Studies. Do you teach gender studies at a high school, college, or university? You mentioned previously (I only "know" this cause I just bump stalked you) that you work for the city so I'm curious whether you teach gender studies for the city some how.
    ****loss discussed*****

Our IUIs

Our IVFs:

FET #1 December 2014

• Options

8. Ok - please no hate on this one - but I'm not entirely clear on the whole gender-free/neutral/open parenting conversations. Our plan is to treat her as a little human, who happens to be a girl. We will unlikely dress her purposely as a boy - but J loves her 'uniform' - converse, jeans, t-shirts - and I can see Simone in that for sure. However, I also got her things that are 'girly' I guess. Because I'm kinda girly. And J nixed a bunch of boy clothes because they were 'too boy.' Now, that said, we are 100% not into the whole "princess culture" that seems to be the rage (and if you read up on it, is very damaging in a lot of ways). But our plan is to let her be her - and at the point she can point or choose an outfit, or a toy, let her choose - we'll get a feel for her preferences and adjust course as she implies. Is that wrong? Educate me! (p.s. I know this has lots more to it than clothing, it's just an example). I mean, for me, I am glad my mom dressed me as a cute little girl. I love pictures from that time! And, even though J is more boyish in her clothes now, she too loves her little girl(y) pics too. Sorry if I am/sound gender-clueless.

No hate here!

To me the most important thing about gender open parenting is being open (and making sure your child/ren know you're open) to whatever gender/s they express/choose/etc. This is what I think @atxmommas was talking about. And it sounds from your description (and from what I know about you) that this is something you're committed to.

I think that part of being open is surrounding your child/ren with options before they're old enough to know that that option is something not stereotypically associated with boys/girls. Those options might be clothing, toys, books with gender queer/creative characters, friends/family/community members who are queer/gender queer, conversations, etc. I think there is a huge range of parenting decisions that can be a part of gender open parenting and that we'll all find different balances with these things. (For instance, @Manada and I plan to use the pronouns typically associated with the babies' assigned sexes at birth for our kids unless/until they indicate a desire to use another or an additional pronoun. Friends of ours, on the other hand, plan to use "they" for their child. I don't think we are bad queers because our plan with pronouns is less gender neutral. I just think we've weighed things differently in reaching that decision).

I imagine that many of the things that you brought up are things that we'll discuss in check-ins. I know that I really struggle with the fact that the majority of "gender neutral" clothing is clothing found in the boys section of the store. I'm not particularly interested in working to re-privilege masculinity, but I also am turned off by how difficult it is to find clothing in the girls section that isn't frilly (frills are unnecessary on a baby, I think, especially as a part of non-fancy clothing), all pink, and princessy. So, when I think about buying clothes for my future kids, regardless of their assigned sex at birth, I find myself challenged by these things and I look forward to having the gender open parenting check-in as a place where I can discuss these things with others and find out what other folks are doing or think they will do.
    ****loss discussed*****

Our IUIs

Our IVFs:

FET #1 December 2014

• Options
    edited March 2014
    healz413 said:
    I know that I really struggle with the fact that the majority of "gender neutral" clothing is clothing found in the boys section of the store. I'm not particularly interested in working to re-privilege masculinity, but I also am turned off by how difficult it is to find clothing in the girls section that isn't frilly (frills are unnecessary on a baby, I think, especially as a part of non-fancy clothing), all pink, and princessy.
    It's interesting that you bring this up.  I realized while looking at the clothes we have or like for our son that I would probably put a girl in any of them as well.  OTOH, I don't think I would put a boy in much from the baby girl section.  There are a LOT of blue baby boy clothes -- but as adults, pretty much everyone wears blue.  The baby girl section is PINK PINK PINK -- and that is not how adult women dress.

ETA: I always wanted to find out the sex of our child before birth, but originally I did not want to share it with anyone -- partly to avoid getting very gendered baby gifts.  In the end, my wife is terrible with secrets and it did not seem realistic to keep this one.  But I wonder if I also didn't mind telling as much because the gendered "boy" stuff we would get for our son was less objectionable to me than the gendered "girl" stuff.
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    *Everyone welcome*

• Options
    @healz413 - phew - ok, I thought there was some big secret I was missing the boat on. We are wide open to our kid being whoever she (or, if she prefers 'they' or 'he' one day) is. We definitely will support whatever path feels right for her. One of the things with the whole princess culture is how it actually limits girls (I read about a girl who stopped wanting to get muddy or play outside, because "princesses don't do that"), etc. but if she loves playing dress up I won't stop her...just help keep it in perspective.

@ball.and.chain - I've thought the same thing - most of the girls clothes I wouldn't put on a boy but most of the boy clothes I'd put on a girl...though then again, we passed on a lot that were 'mega boy-ish" to us - big trucks, scary dinosaurs...so there you have it.

Look forward to the discussions! And, I'm grateful all of our kids will be born to all of us - not some middle-American family who insists on their daughters taking ballet and boys playing football as a rule!
    Lil'mamaz was born on Aug 21, 2014! She's PERFECT!

It's been a long road to here...
    Me (43) and J (45) - same sex couple. And we don't feel 40+!
    June'12 - First RE Visit
    Sept. '12 - Tubes removed
    Dec. '12 - Donor Egg/Donor Sperm IVF Cycle - 4 good embies!
    Dec. '12 - Fresh transfer, BFP! EDD 8/29/13
    Mar. '13 - Missed m/c at 16w1d, baby boy stopped growing at 15w4d
    Loss due to umbilical cord clot...baby was perfect. :(
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec.' 2, 2013 - FET#3 with our last chance embie - BFP!!!
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!
    EDD 8/20/14 with a baby girl!
    Little S was born on 8/21/14 - 8lb, 14 oz and 20 inches long.
    We live in Seattle and used SRM for our donor egg IVF cycle

imageimageimageimage

• Options
    I am so excited for these discussions. I know for C and I the main thing is to allow our future kids to develop into who they want to be without putting the restraints of "princess" or "manly man" on them. Can't wait to talk about this more!

Queer coupled and having a BABY with the love of my life! Love my life and wouldn't have it any other way!
    First IUI 1/22/2013 BFN: 2/7/2013, Second IUI 2/21/2013 BFN: 3/9/2013, Third IUI 4/23/2013 BFN: 5/8/2013, Fourth IUI 5/24/2013 BFN: 6/7/2013, Fifth IUI 6/24/2013 BFN: 7/8/2013

C began IUI's
    7/23/2013 C's first IUI BFN, 8/21/2013 C's second IUI BFN , Took a break in September and October, 11/05/2013 C's 3rd IUI (TWW...we meet again...) BFN, Took off the month to switch to an RE. 01/01/2014 C's 4th IUI...BFP!!!!!!!! Beta #1- 17, Beta #2- 34, Beta #3-140....  6W Ultra-Sound Reveals nothing in Gestation Sack... Natural M/C at 7W, 2/3/2014

03/21/2014 IUI #10...BFP!!! Beta #1- 48, Beta #2- 416, Beta #3- 1018. GROW BABY GROW!!!

1st Ultrasound 4/22/2014 Baby Squints is PERFECT! Measuring at 6w2d with a heartbeat of 129. EDD: 12/12/14.

Ultrasound at 18 weeks on 7/14/2014. Baby is healthy and growing just as she should!

Check out my blog at: http://journeytoparenthoodandmakingmilk.blogspot.com/

• Options
    1. So I guess my break is over. I found that I couldn't not lurk because you all have become a part of my life. Turns out that when I lurk, I want to provide support. So, break over it is!

2. Today was my first day back to work from vacation. I worked a split day because I had a group tonight. Overall, not a bad first day back.

3. Our vacation was amazing. I did not want to leave at all. I made new friends and just want to live there.

4. I watched the first 3 episodes of OITNB with the friend we stayed with. Now I need to get Netflix and figure out how to watch the rest without using all of our internet.

5. I already ordered some pictures on Shutterfly and I plan to order more this week.

6. My SIL has done a great job cleaning our house. I appreciate it so much. Today she found some of my journals from middle school. In one, she found a letter from a guy who asked me to be his girlfriend. He died last year in a farm accident. We dated in middle school and then while I was in college. As it turns out, my SIL dated him too. I miss him. He was only 28 when he died. He was a great guy.

7. We still have snow. The downfall to it going away is all the mud. Wiping off three sets of paws every time the dogs go out can be a pain.

8. I never planted bulbs in the Fall. I might still try to get the Spring ones in and see if they will come up.

9. I may reconnect with an old friend this weekend. I have been trying to reconnect with her since the guy I mentioned in #6 died. We were very close when we were younger and drifted apart over the years.

10. I love C. She is funny and is a good better half.

Me: 30  DW (aka C): 29

Together since 2/15/11 ~ Legally married in NY on 9/29/12

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

12/6/14 - Started BCPs in prep for IVF #2

12/22/14 - Saline u/s and endometrial scratch (All was clear and OUCH!)

1/2/15 - Began stimming for IVF #2

****All Welcome!****

We are Mommas to four fur babies - 3 dogs and 1 cat.

• Options
    Better late than never:

1. My new job is crazy busy... And I love it. Truth be told, I am better at being in charge than not.

2. Looks like I am going to ovulate later than expected. I am super stressed about it... Because before our loss I was very regular.

3. I can't wait to start our gender open check-in. So much to say! I am going to save all my wisdom... So I have smart things to say when we get the ball rolling.

4. I am scared of starting TTC again. I imagine it will be very different post-loss.

5. It's NCAA tourney time. For the last 4 years we always go to my parents... But because of the impending IUI we can't. I get tired of making these little sacrifices (especially when they amount to nothing.)

6. My parents are both retired and they love to go for drives in the country. They usually end up in the town where my Mom grew up. There is a bakery there with the best gingerbread. Everytime they go they send us some... And my dad is always courteous enough to call them "Ginger Bread" people...! I love them.

7. Speaking of my Dad... He sent me an email the other day and ended it with a hashtag... I laughed out loud.

8. I can't wait for farmer's markets so I can start stocking up on fruit to make homemade jam. So excited.

9. I love A.

10. I have started getting back into running. I haven't done it since we got pregnant and after our loss the only thing I wanted to do was sleep and cry. It feels good to be back to normal a little bit.

Baby Hayden Frances born 12/20/14 at 11:11 a.m...  Our perfect little miracle.  Here's how we got here:

My lovely wife:

5 IUI's January 2013-June 2013- 3 Cycles with Clomid- BFN

Myself: Genderqueer guy who hopped in the driver's seat of the baby making train

IUI #6- 7/23- Monitored and Trigger on Day 12, with one 16mm follicle and one 18mm follicle- BFN

IUI #7- 8/21- Not monitored, 50mg Clomid- BFN

September and October: Missed Cycles due to vacation and a Half Marathon

IUI #8- Monitored and triggered on day 15, with one 23x18mm follicle- BFN on 11/19/2013

December:  Moved onto to see an RE to make a good plan.

IUI #9- 1/1/2014 Natural Cycle, BFP on 1/15/2014,  6W Ultra-Sound Reveals nothing in Gestation Sack... Natural M/C at 7W, 2/3/2014

IUI #10 3/21/2014- Natural Cycle- BFP on 4/1/2014 (please don't be an April Fools.  Beta #1 13dpiui- 48, Beta #2 16dpiui- 416, Beta #3 1018...

1st Ultrasound- 4/22/2014- 6w4d HB- 134!

Check out my Blog at: http://pregnantboithinksoutloud.blogspot.com/ 

• Options
    KH826KH826 member

@ATXmommas - I do actually cook in a cast iron skillet quite a lot! I also eat tons of leafy greens (especially spinach, which I love), and I have been eating watermelon every morning with breakfast, which is high in iron apparently. My OB says my iron isn't dangerously low, but that it is low enough that we should try to bring the number up before I deliver... I am going to give the iron pills a shot for at least a week and if they seem to do more harm than good than I will talk to my OB about other options. Thanks for the suggestions! :)

@2mamazinseattle - I could talk for hours about maternity pants! HAHA .. in all seriousness though, here is my 2 cents on the topic:

• I personally do NOT like the Motherhood pants. I found that they ran a little smaller than other stores and I also don't like that the panel is a thinner nylon material. They are also very pricey, and I don't think the quality is worth the money, in my opinion.
    • My favorite  maternity pants are from Babies R Us. They are the Thyme Maternity brand. The panel is a thicker knit material, and it is meant to grow with you. https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=16934896&cp=2273443.2255982.17435736.16772986&parentPage=family&cid=1203626   I have these in black and grey and wear them every week to work, and I love them. They are very comfy, they wash and dry well - Plus, they are affordable. You can also buy the Thyme Maternity stuff through the company's website (https://www.thymematernity.com/), but looks like stuff is more expensive through there than through BRU. I have always bought in-store, since I have two different BRU stores by me that have a maternity section, but looks like the sale prices are reflected online as well (70% off) - and BRU has lots of coupons if you register for their rewards card.
    • I also have two pairs of sweat/yoga pants that are Thyme Maternity from BRU, and I really like them as well. I sleep in them every night. The one caution about their stuff is that it seems to run a little big/baggy - but right now I like that! I am wearing mediums in all their stuff.
    • Now, the trickier thing for me has been jeans. I have two pair from Kohl's that I bought very early on, and while I loved them in the beginning, I am starting to love them a lot less now. They don't have a lot of give in the hips and they are starting to feel kind of stiff and constricting (I have noticed that my hips have been getting wider the last couple of weeks -- eek!). I am considering buying a pair of jeans from BRU soon -- I will let you know if I do and what I think.
    • Now I know you only asked about pants, but I am going to branch out here and also talk a little bit about underwear HAHA. I bought a pair of the thyme maternity underwear from BRU on a whim about a month ago -- best.thing.I.have.ever.done. Seriously. I know some women just wear their normal underwear (or just buy a size up) in pregnancy, and that was originally my plan; however, once I wore those maternity underwear once, I was converted. They are cheap at BRU (with the 70% they are less than $3 a pair) -- I bought 6 pairs and that is all I wear now. It is sooooo nice to not have anything even moderately constricting around or below my belly. I have found that area to be really sensitive for me, and anything with an elastic just made my uncomfy. These are the underwear that I bought: https://www.thymematernity.com/Maternity-Panty-with-Foldover-Panel/667978,default,pd.html?dwvar_667978_color=White&cgid=TM-Maternity-Clothing-Bras-Lingerie&start=23 - I don't see them on the BRU site, but they have them in the store.

So that is my maternity clothing download. Hope it is somewhat helpful. I have found that comfortable clothing (particularly pants) are just worth their weight in gold at this point! Good luck! :)

• Options
    KH826 said:

@ATXmommas - I do actually cook in a cast iron skillet quite a lot! I also eat tons of leafy greens (especially spinach, which I love), and I have been eating watermelon every morning with breakfast, which is high in iron apparently. My OB says my iron isn't dangerously low, but that it is low enough that we should try to bring the number up before I deliver... I am going to give the iron pills a shot for at least a week and if they seem to do more harm than good than I will talk to my OB about other options. Thanks for the suggestions! :)

Sounds like you are doing everything right - little one is getting first dibs on everything! :)
  • Options
    healz413 said:

I'm doing my PhD in Women's and Gender Studies. Do you teach gender studies at a high school, college, or university? You mentioned previously (I only "know" this cause I just bump stalked you) that you work for the city so I'm curious whether you teach gender studies for the city some how.
    Secret confession - I love my PhD!  Dissertations are bitch kitties, and I know your Chair is relocating which can present a whole layer of logistical complications, not to mention being pregnant, but oh my, it is so so so so awesome when it is done.  Best of luck - I hope it has been (and will continue to be) an enjoyable process.

I started with traditional academic career, but wanted to do more applied research, so I jumped from Women's Studies to Public Health.  I love it.  I spent many years working in Africa researching sexual norms and HIV prevention strategies, and then come back home to join the Department of Health.   I teach just 1 course a year now (adjunct) to stay current, but I can't imagine going back to teaching full-time.  Life is just too exciting outside the classroom.
  • Options
    Sorry - not sure how to edit.  Pregnant = pregnancy in the family.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"