Georgia Babies

Possibly relocating to Atlanta - need recommendations

Hi Ladies!  It's been almost 3 years since I had a bump or was on the bump but I know that it has always been a great place to get recommendations.  We may be relocating to the Atlanta area. We have 3 children ages 6, 4, and almost 3 and I am trying to find a good spot for us to settle in north of Atlanta.  Good schools is probably at the top of our list followed by some sort of active downtown with restaurants and shopping.  I have been looking at Alpharetta and Roswell and I would love to hear opinions and pros and cons on each place.  I have also looked at John's Creek but my impression is that it is more of a strip mall place with chains and no real downtown or local flavor - but feel free to correct me if I got the wrong impression!!  Other suggestions would be appreciated!  TIA!!!

Re: Possibly relocating to Atlanta - need recommendations

• Welcome!  I think both Alpharetta and Roswell would meet your needs.  We actually live in downtown Roswell and love it.  We are an easy 10 minute walk to tons of fantastic restaurants and shops, and right across the street from us is an awesome 80 acre park with tons of great recreation. Downtown Alpharetta has a similar vibe, and both do all kinds of fun festivals and family events.  You are right that John's Creek does not have a downtown area, but it does have a lot of nice neighborhoods & parks.

To be within legit walking distance of either, you are looking at a price point of $350k+, but if you are willing to be a short drive away you can get under that price point.  I am actually a Realtor, so if you have any specific questions about the areas, feel free to email me!

Alix
    anadi @ remax.net
    Nothing is more discouraging than unappreciated sarcasm. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"