Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Insurance problem and didn't want to have to talk about my miscarriage with them

I received a statement from my Insurance on Friday late afternoon saying they they didn't pay for anything related to my Office visits for my miscarriage.  I was very upset and couldn't stop thinking that it cost less to have a baby then lose a baby. Stewed over this statement all weekend.  I used the search function here and found lots of un happy mommas who's insurance didn't cover most of the cost of their miscarriage  and the reps were not very nice to them.  I was so nervous that I was going to have to fight with my insurance I was shaking when I finally made the call to question my statement on Monday. 

I got the nicest rep I could ever ask for...so thankful.  She did all the work for me and cleared up that my Doctors office put in the wrong codes and everything was fixed and covered.

Note to self don't open mail on Friday afternoons.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Insurance problem and didn't want to have to talk about my miscarriage with them

• Options
    I'm glad you got a caring rep and cleared it all up.

I received a letter in the mail yesterday that they decided to cover my hospital stay. How nice of them! I need to call to see if they will cover bloodwork I had done a few weeks ago. Not looking forward to making the call.
  • Options
    I'm so glad you got things cleared up without too much heartache! When I started reading this I was really scared for you. I've been there and it can be really awful. I'm so so glad you didn't have to fight with them and that your insurance did cover everything!
    Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ticker warning ****

How scary! I'm so glad it worked out ok! (((Hugs)))

PG#1 - 3rd cycle BFP. Team Green. HELLP syndrome @ 34 weeks.
    Later diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, possible link to HELLP.

PG#2 M/C 3/14 - Surprise BFP 2/13. Beta's doubled every 52 hours from 3w5d-5w5d
    Viable pregnancy scan at 5w5d; 2nd u/s showed 2 days of growth in 7 but a HB of 120
    3rd u/s on 3/10/14 had no HB and baby had only grown 7 days over 14
    D&C 3/17/14 - complications - DX Retroflexed uterus, multiple tears to cervix

All Welcome

Chart

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"