Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Birthday

Well today's my birthday and I just want to crawl into my bed with a fort of junk food around me and watching DVDs.

I'm not at all handling today good. Everyone is wishing me a happy birthday and to have an amazing day (I know they are just being nice) but how the hell can I have a happy day when my life has been torn apart? My husband is trying to be really sweet trying to hug me and kiss me but I just don't want to be touched at all and I think he's upset because he's doing it with the right intentions but it's doing my head in. And to kick it all off I'm on my way to good old work.

I can't wait for today to be over but tomorrow is going to suck even worse because I would of been 12 weeks and I think I'm going to go to the doctors because I'm just to dangerously depressed.

Sorry for the rant, it's just helps me to write when I'm in a shitty mood.

Re: Birthday

• So sorry you are feeling this way. It's probably not a bad idea to discuss this with your doctor like you said. Let me know if there is anything I can do.
    TTC since 5/13
    BFP 1/23 
    MMC 3/4
    D&C-3/12 
    Currently NTNP
  • edited March 2014
    Well normally on someone's birthday I wish them a happy one. In this case I wish you a quick one...and I hope tomorrow flies by too. Nothing like special occasions or milestone days to bring up all those awful emotions.

I am so sorry for what you are going through. I too am depressed. Two miscarriages back to back has really taken a toll on my mental health. I have started seeing a therapist. DH also goes on his own. It's been extremely beneficial for us both as a couple and separately as individuals. I don't know if you have seen someone but maybe it's worth looking into?

I know the feeling of just desperatly wanting to feel better and be normal again. ((HUGS)) friend. Please try to find some enjoyment today. You truly deserve it.
  • Loading the player...
  • **ticker warning**

I am so sorry. I hope getting your feelings down helped a little. Hugs.
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers        Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Oct Angel*BFP 1/25/14 * EDD 10/6/14 * US#1 2/26/14 *US#2 3/3/14 no heartbeat*d&c 3/12/14*

BFP 1/17/15 * EDD 9/30/15

• Ticker warning ***

Doesn't sound like hugs are in order.

How about a daquiri?

I'll share some of my cake with you too.

PG#1 - 3rd cycle BFP. Team Green. HELLP syndrome @ 34 weeks.
    Later diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, possible link to HELLP.

PG#2 M/C 3/14 - Surprise BFP 2/13. Beta's doubled every 52 hours from 3w5d-5w5d
    Viable pregnancy scan at 5w5d; 2nd u/s showed 2 days of growth in 7 but a HB of 120
    3rd u/s on 3/10/14 had no HB and baby had only grown 7 days over 14
    D&C 3/17/14 - complications - DX Retroflexed uterus, multiple tears to cervix

All Welcome

Chart

• Eveiii I too "celebrated" my birthday yesterday. It was so fun attending doctors appointments and trying to smile. I feel you on the depression - my DH was really trying to make it a fun day. It was a nice try, but I basically cried the entire night. 
  • Im sorry this ruined your bday. For me, over my past two bdays, I was pregnant and they both ended in m/cs. My bday is in Feb. so I told DH we aren't ever TTC in Jan. again. It is just not my lucky month!! I feel your pain but try to have a happy birthday in even some small way. ::hugs::
    Married my best friend 7/2/11 - Furbaby born 7/9/11 and brought into our home 9/1/11

BFP#1:   2/2/13 ~ exact m/c date unknown but around 3/20 at 10 weeks ~ diagnosed with PMP ~ D&C on 4/5 ~ TTA for at least 1 year due to PMP ~ cleared to TTC 1/14

BFP#2:   2/7/14 ~ m/c 2/20/14 ~ possibly due to chemical pregnancy ~ TG no D&C is needed 

Surprise BFP#3:  4/4/14 ~ super duper extra happy (and nervous) about this one - EDD 12/9/14!!!

John Joseph was born on 12/12/14 at 7 lbs. 11 oz.  He is the most beautiful rainbow baby we could have wished for!

• Mmmmm the cake is tempting me. But I swear I've put on 5kg since my miscarriage so I'm trying to be good now. Thanks for the kind words ladies I really do appreciate it x
  • RG317RG317 member
    My birthday was on Monday, and I totally feel you. I just wanted to skip it this year. We would have been just at 12 weeks and I had hoped to be breaking the good news to our friends and family, but last Friday, we found out we had lost the pregnancy and I opted for natural miscarriage. So, cramps, bleeding, and a nasty cold all started on Sunday. Not an ideal birthday, but I know that this will pass and it will for you too! Hang in there and celebrate your birthday when you feel better ( that's what I plan to do), even if it's weeks or months from now.
  • I too hope you managed to get through the day.....It is an awful time, I think of how many months along I would be now too, and wonder how I would be feeling and all the things I would have been planning...

Take one day at a time, that's what I'm doing....Some days are easier than others...But you WILL get through....It's great you have support from your husband....I really wish you the very best for your future.

Hugs
  • sucks hon. sorry.
    BFP #1: It's a GIRL! DD born October, 2012
    BFP #2: m/c at 7w, February, 2014
    BFP #3: It's a BOY! Please be our rainbow! Due February, 2015

*everyone always welcome*
    image    image   image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"