Secondary IF
Options

||||| Making a Home Monday |||||| (Domestic Blunder edition)

Okay- I'm not gonna lie. As an only child I was rather spoiled. As a result, I learned simple things later in life- like how to do laundry or operate the dishwasher. It's embarrassing really.

Well, the first time I ran the dishwasher by myself I put Palmolive in it. The result looked like an episode of I love Lucy. Big foaming bubbles oozed out of the closed dishwasher and ALL OVER the kitchen floor. I'm really lucky I didn't ruin the dishwasher from it.

Do you have any domestic blunders to share?

Another example is rather early in my marriage (I married at 21) my crazy MIL chewed me a new asshole because my husband's shirt wasn't ironed when we were attending a wedding.

One very pissed off phone call to MY mom later, my mom kindly showed me how to iron. As a result, I began to iron EVERYTHING. I occasionally cheat and take stuff to the dry cleaners but, for the most part I'm pretty handy with the iron.

Any funny stories to share?

Me: 27 DH: 33
Married 6 years
Conceived DS after 4 years of MFI

TTC # 2 (not trying,not preventing ever)
May 2013 - August 2013 Timed Intercourse = BFN
September 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs=BFN
October 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs, and "warming foods" = BFP
Beta #1 19, Beta #2 18 Progesterone 4.6 Miscarried 11/9/13
November 2013 - Benched, waiting for first post-loss AF.
No longer benched per New RE/OB!
Jan. 15 2014 - BFP. HCG 3900 - Ectopic :( 
Jan. 16 2014 Left tube removed and D&C
March 2, 2014 First AF

Re: ||||| Making a Home Monday |||||| (Domestic Blunder edition)

• Options
    Hubs and I are the opposite. He was only boy and 10 years younger than sisters so never had to do anything and his mom has never really had it together domestically. Meanwhile I was from large family and ten years of marriage he is still amazed at the things I can do (painting, caulking, tiling, light construction, car work, and all the domestic stuff- I harass him constantly for not ironing so really this past year he started doing that when I can't). My biggest blunder was learning to cook for two- I had it engrained in my head to cook for a small army. Our first few meals he was just freaked at how much food was left over and I didn't really get it. And trying to get him to do leftovers is the equivelant of getting a toddler to eat what they don't like... So I had to learn to scale down. Oh, and being from a big family w lots of boys never had nice things... So like glass glasses- they break- you gotta be careful with those suckas!!!
    January 2007- Stop BCP! Let's DO this!
    June 2010- MFI. BS. IVF! Ectopic. BS. image

November 2010- FAILED FET! BS!
    January 2011- BFP FET! TWINS!
    February 2011- lost twin. BS. image

SEPTEMBER 2011- DD Born! Most awesome girl in the world!

November 2013- FAILED FET! BS! (screw you November FETs)
    April Fresh Cycle, FAILED. Frozen embryos frozen for future FETs.
    FROZEN CYCLE JUNE! BFP
    BABY BOY VINCENT!

We can't wait to meet you!
    Conception:image
    imageimage Potato Love!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I am a SAHM (part time WAHM I'm guess) with the absolute WORST domestic abilities. I cannot cook well (nor do I enjoy it), I'm terrible at folding laundry, and I really only clean so it is "good enough."  X_X I have BIG plans to improve all of these areas....someday....  =))

Two DDs 10/08 and 08/10, no primary IF
    TTC #3 since 10/2011 - dx unexplained/weak ovulation
     3 BFN clomid + TI cycles, 5 BFN clomid/gonal f IUIs, 1 mmc IUI
    2/19/2014 IVF #1 Unexpected low E2 (oversuppressed) -> increased to max doses = 3 or 4 follicles, converting to IUI
    BFFP Saw 1 beautiful heartbeat at 6w6d, follow up u/s at 9w showed mmc. Eff this.
    NTNP 5/2014-9/2014, OPKs and TI 10/2014 - 1/2015. 
    RPL testing all normal, AFC, AMH, and FSH all normal. 
    IVF 1.2 1/22/2014 natural cycle start, AFC 28, 300 gonal f/150menopur. 
    ER 2/3/15 14R 8M 3F w/ICSI Day 5 transfer on 2/8/15 of one "Grade A+" blast and have TWO frosties! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Jen071407‌ I would clean only good enough if I didn't have a Monster in law who scrutinizes my housekeeping. And still, I'm nowhere near perfect. In fact- I need to scrub the crayon off my wall! (Which happened this morning while I was putting dinner in the crock pot).

And my cooking has developed out of necessity - my husband won't cook and after awhile fast food gets old- lol.

Me: 27 DH: 33
    Married 6 years
    Conceived DS after 4 years of MFI

TTC # 2 (not trying,not preventing ever)
    May 2013 - August 2013 Timed Intercourse = BFN
    September 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs=BFN
    October 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs, and "warming foods" = BFP
    Beta #1 19, Beta #2 18 Progesterone 4.6 Miscarried 11/9/13
    November 2013 - Benched, waiting for first post-loss AF.
    No longer benched per New RE/OB!
    Jan. 15 2014 - BFP. HCG 3900 - Ectopic :( 
    Jan. 16 2014 Left tube removed and D&C
    March 2, 2014 First AF

• Options
    pettycrockerpettycrocker member
    edited March 2014
    What!? I hate when MILs think it's the wife's fucking duty to iron for the husband. Is this like 1687?? My husband irons his own shit, and my father always did his own ironing too. If she had such a bug up her ass about his clothes being wrinkled, maybe she should have taught HIM how to iron! *fist pump* 

I don't really have any "funny" stores. I spent my entire first marriage eating out of a box, like chicken nuggets, or store pizzas, etc. Any real food was cooked by husband number 1. Now with this marriage, I made it a point to cook more, and it's definitely been an interesting past 5 years. lol I'm very creative when it comes to meals and deserts.  Recipes are an idea for me, not really a guideline :P 

This whole thing makes me think of my SIL- she's had some long term war going on with her BD. He doesn't like to clean the house, but for years, she was the bread winner and he was a SAHD, so she felt like it was his part of the responsibility (which I agree with, I am a SAHM so the bulk of the household falls on me)  but HE didn't like to clean, or he felt like since he was "taking care of the kids" the house work shouldn't have been all on him, so NEITHER OF THEM cleaned, EVER. The house is a MFing disaster area, and they both live in it like that to spite the other... and in spite of their young kids. Fucking weird, right?  Isn't this kind of like a "blunder"? 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Iron??? What's an iron ;-) I am horrible about stuffing the trash can as full as I can so I don't have to take it out...I probably spend more time shoving the trash down in the can then if I just took it out, haha!
    Carly
    (Former UN: iloveshanej)

Birdie born 05/01/2007
    Rainbow Surprise Baby due 05/26/2017                                          

Potato Launcher

• Options
    I am the worst at cooking. Our water heater went out a few months back and MH had already planned on making beef stroganoff that night. Since he was the one under the house replacing the water heater, he wanted me to attempt the cooking. Well, apparently there is a difference between regular salt and sea salt (who knew?). Needless to say, the beef stroganoff was extremely salty. I took one bite and said it was gross and that he didn't have to eat it. He said it was good and had seconds. Later he told me it was horrible but wanted me cook again, so he choked it down with a gallon of water. I haven't cooked since =))

BFP #1 12.24.07 - DD born @ 39w1d on 08.26.08
    BFP #2 08.04.11 - DD born still @ 37w3d on 03.25.12

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TTC #3 since May 2012

BFP #3 12.29.12 - CP @ 4w2d on 01.02.13
    BFP #4 10.17.13 - CP @ 4w2d on 10.23.13

BFP #5 04.06.14 - MMC 05.07.14

No longer trying to conceive.

image    http://oi40.tinypic.com/15czrid.jpg     image

• Options
    Once we tried this weird ass diet, and I made a pizza with an oatmeal crust. It was horrible! We ended the diet that night, even though DH kept eating and saying it wasn't bad.  Sorry but I will NEVER even look at soy cheese again.  
    Most of my other blunders were as a kid, like burning water, and almost setting the house on fire, because I figured I had watched my dad make scrambled eggs enough, but I NEVER saw him but butter in the pan.  
    I am not that bad of a cook, but I LOVE recipes.  Even thought I absolutely HATE to cook.  I HATE IT! 

• Options
    My biggest household blunder was getting a dog that sheds.  I LOVE my dog but oh my gosh does she shed a lot!  I have to vacuum at least three times a week to not have dog hair on the floor... Plus it's on every surface on our first floor level (she's not allowed upstairs).  It's gross really how much loose dog hair is in our house.  If it weren't for our dog I would certainly have a cleaner house because I wouldn't be spending so much time cleaning up dog hair.  
    *****siggy*****
    Me: 33 (Mosaic Turner's Syndrome/POF) 
    DH: 35 (no male factor)
    3/10 - Foster Mr. T for 1 month
    3/11 - Foster AL for 1 year
    7/11 Known donor retrieval 7 fertilized 
    7/11 DE Transfer -BFP & 5 FE
    4/9/12 Miracle baby girl arrives!
    Planning for FET 7/14

• Options
    edited March 2014
    When we first moved into our house it was kind of a crap hole b/c it had been a rental for 10 years. We had to do A LOT of work, including rewiring a bunch of the sockets. DH did most of them but since I was already working on the laundry closet I took care of that one. Apparently I did it wrong b/c two days later it shorted out and we had to hire an electrician to fix that one and every other one on that circuit. I am no longer in charge of anything electric. Oops....

PS I flatly refuse to purchase anything that needs to be ironed.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2 since 1/1/13

image    imageimage
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    In college our stove stopped working and my roommate swore she smelled gas. We called the fire department, who sent a truck out with sirens blaring. Turns out we had an electric stove and the apartment had no gas lines into it at all. Derrrrr!

They weren't even hot fire fighters.
    IVF/ICSI #1 - BFP, DS born Jan 2013
    IVF/ICSI #2 - BFP, DD born Feb 2015
    IVF FET - BFP, due April 2017

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"