Postpartum Depression

Intro and question

Hey. I've lurked here before but never posted. My son is 6 weeks old, and I'm really not doing so good. Anxiety, trouble with my sleeping, crying fits. But mostly I'm just so angry all the time. The littlest thing sets me off and makes me so so angry. I'm getting mad at DH, throwing things, banging stuff against the wall (including, in one fit, my head). I just can't get it under control. Sometimes I just want to leave. I feel like I'm trapped and nothing is ever going to get better. I'm actually staying at my grandmother's tonight because DH is so scared I'm going to hurt myself while he's at work.

I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow morning and I want to talk to him about this, but I'm nervous. I'm scared he won't take me seriously. I have a couple of questions, what should I do if he doesn't think it's serious? Because I know it really, really is. I just come across as 'okay' when I'm out and around people.

My second question is, I know one of the screening questions asks if I've thought about hurting myself. The truth is, yeah I have, but if I say that is he going to report it to somebody? Can they take my baby over that?   
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
imageimage

Re: Intro and question

• I'm sorry you're going through this. But I also hope you were honest with your doctor and got some help. I had PPA and PPD soon after my sons birth. Seeking help was the best thing I did. If that doctor didn't help you, find one that can because you're right, it's serious.
    I don't know what the ramifications are of answering the questions on that test, but if you think you could hurt yourself you need to address that. You can't take care of your baby if you're not or don't want to, taking care of yourself.

• Thanks for answering. I was honest and I shouldn't have worried, the appointment went fine. We're trying me out on some medicine and seeing if it helps.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm glad he was able to help you. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"