Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Talk to me about allergy meds!

I am a lurker most of the time :), but do post time from time.  Do you have experiences with OTC allergy meds for your LO.  DD is 2.5 and Zyrtec makes her mad- terrible temperament.  Claritin really doesn't do anything.  Has anyone used Allergra?  What does your LO take?  TIA
Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

Re: Talk to me about allergy meds!

• Options
    DS was taking zyrtec so briefly and it changed his entire personality. I took him off immediately. I understand allegra is more gentle though we have not tried it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Zytrec made DD crazy.  Like super wild child.  It was awful.  We've been able to keep things ok with Claritin.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Talk to your pedi or allergist, but the allergist put both of the kids and me on Xyzal. She said it is the best thing out there in her opinion (she gives it to her kids as well over Zyrtec).
    imageimage
  • Options
    AlikiAliki member
    My DD is on Singulair since she was 2 years old, works great. If she's taken off it, she gets bad sinus infections, like 4 - 5 a season.
    TTC #1 since 2007. Dx: Unexplained infertility. 4 IUIs in 2008 = BFN. IVF #1 07/09. DD #1 born April 2010 (40w5d).
    TTC #2 since 2011. Dx: Endometriosis and hypothyroidism. 2 FETs in 2012, BFP 6/12 but m/c @ 7 weeks. IVF #2 06/13. DD #2  born March 2014 (40w1d).
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    jlpevjlpev member
    My son does the generic zyrtec. He's had no issues. Claritin doesn't do anything for him. There really isn't very many options for OTC meds.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"