November 2014 Moms
Options

Doula Interview

Hello! I'm interviewing a possible doula tomorrow. She is supposed to be pretty awesome and because of that, she is already booked past October.

My question: Has anyone ever interviewed a doula? What did you ask? Is their anything you wish you had asked?

Thanks in advance for the ideas!

imageimageimageimage
BabyFruit Ticker
DD Born 11.27.2011
BFP 9.19.2013 - EDD 6.1.2014 - MMC @ 8 weeks 3 days

Re: Doula Interview

• Options
    I found some resources right here. I'm skeptical about Babycenter, but these tips seem to be useful.

I'll probably start interviewing doulas after our confirmation u/s.

image      image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I had a doula with my first. She was invaluable during labor (I went med-free), but looking back, I realize I chose her out of necessity. I'm from a relatively rural area, and at the time, we only had 2 practicing doulas. The other one was out on maternity leave of her own, so it was the lady I chose or no one. We were not a match, personality-wise. I don't know how to describe, other than to say she was very, very conservative and our interactions were fairly awkward. BUT...when it came down to it, she helped me through probably the hardest thing I've ever done, so it was money well spent. If you have choices in your area, just try to find someone that you really get along with, because you will be sharing some pretty intimate moments with this person!
    Jimmie, mama to Zoey (March 2011)
    Losses 5/13, 8/13, and 3/14. 
    Expecting another GIRL! Carter Grace due on 12/25.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @jayellekay‌ did your doula provide care after your delivery? Like, mother's helper stuff?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Lilypie Maternity tickers 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    November 2014 Siggy Challenge: Green/ Irish Things
  • Options
    @jayellekay‌ did your doula provide care after your delivery? Like, mother's helper stuff?
    No, she just came to visit us a few times to help with breastfeeding and see how I was doing. She's also a lactation consultant, so she was helpful with that.
    Jimmie, mama to Zoey (March 2011)
    Losses 5/13, 8/13, and 3/14. 
    Expecting another GIRL! Carter Grace due on 12/25.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"